AILET Eligibility Criteria 2020 - The National Law University Delhi decides the eligibility criteria for AILET 2020. To maintain the reputation of the institute and to pick the best from amongst the lot, NLU Delhi adheres to the AILET 2020 eligibility criteria strictly. Thus, it is important that those who apply for the AILET 2020 fulfill the eligibility criteria for AILET 2020. If at any point in time, the University finds out the candidate does not meet the requirements of the AILET eligibility criteria 2020, his/her admission can be cancelled. To avoid any such mishappening, all the law aspirants are advised to check the eligibility criteria of AILET 2020 thoroughly. All India Law Entrance Examination is the gateway for admission to one of the most premier law Institutes in India. Since the examination is conducted for admission to both undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes, the AILET eligibility criteria is specified separately for both the law programmes. To know more about the eligibility criteria of AILET 2020, read the complete article.
Latest: [Download free Question Papers and Sample Paper of AILET, Click here]
To be able to attempt the law entrance examination for undergraduate programme, candidates must meet the following requirements of the AILET eligibility criteria 2020 -
He/ she must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized institute. This will be considered as the qualifying examination for AILET 2020.
He/ she must secure a minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination.
Those who belong to reserved categories also need to score a minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination.
Those appearing for class XII boards or equivalent in the month of March / April 2020 are also eligible for AILET 2020
There is no upper age limit to appear for AILET 2020.
For those who wish to appear for the postgraduate entrance examination, the eligibility criteria of AILET 2020 is as follows -
Download Free Sample Paper for AILET
He/ she must have an LL.B degree from an Institute recognised by the Bar Council of India.
The LL.B degree can be either a five-year integrated degree or a three-year degree.
Applicants who belong to the General/ OBC category, the minimum aggregate in their qualifying examination should be at least 55 %.
Applicants who belong to the SC/ ST/ PWD category, the minimum aggregate required in their qualifying examination is 50%.
Those appearing for the final examination of LL.B degree course in the month of March / April 2020 are also eligible for AILET 2020
There is no upper age limit for AILET PG.
After checking the eligibility criteria of AILET 2020, candidate can proceed towards filling the application form of AILET. The application form of AILET 2020 has to be filled online and the candidate need to register on the official website of NLU Delhi to be able to fill the same. The application form will be released in the first week of January.
Applicants can check the table given below to see the reservations available for various category students in AILET 2020.
AILET 2020 Reservations -
Reservation for BA LLB
Reservation for LLM
Number of Seats (approx)
Persons with Disability
Q1. I have appeared for AILET twice. Can I write AILET 2020?
Yes, you can write AILET 2020. There is no fixed number of attempts for AILET.
Q2. What is the minimum aggregate required in 10+2, to be eligible for AILET 2020 for an OBC candidate?
You need at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination to fulfill the AILET eligibility criteria 2020.
Q3. I will appear for class XII boards in the month of March 2020. Am I eligible for AILET 2020?
Yes, you are eligible for AILET 2020.
AILET Merit List 2020 - National Law University (NLU), Delhi will release the merit list of AILET...
AILET Counselling 2019 - National Law University Delhi has declared round six AILET 2019 seat all...
AILET Syllabus 2020 - National Law University, Delhi will release AILET 2020 syllabus for the upc...
AILET Admit Card 2020 - NLU Delhi will release the admit card of AILET 2020 in the last week of A...
AILET Exam Centres 2020 - The National Law University Delhi announces the exam centres of AILET 2...
AILET is an entrance test for admission to National Law University, Delhi. Admission to all other NLUs in India is done through CLAT exam. The syllabus and level for both exams is quite similar. And hence so is the preparation required. There are various coaching institutea that provide coaching for CLAT and AILET. Now it also depends on the city in which you are looking for as the faculty etc would differ. But a few top institutes are-
Best of luck
Some tips which can help you to prepare for your LLB entrance
1. You can solve the mock tests provided in this link, they are very benificial as they help you to practice and increases your knowledge as well. You can solve them when you are not willing to study or learn anything, by this way you can easily test your knowledge
2. You can refer to exam expert on Legal aptitude published by Wiley Publications, this will be helpful.
3. You must go through History, Geography, Economy and General Science from any national level publication such as Arihant, Pearson or Universal.
4. Go through newspapers such as The Hindu, especially its Editorial and National pages. Plus, online portals such as GK Today, TCY and Cloud Affairs are of much help.
5. For English, You should regularly practice it and while answeing questions you should read the passage properly
6. For quantitative aptitude, you can refer to Tenth standard R.S. Aggarwal or R.D. Sharma, it will be more than sufficient.
7. For Logical reasoning, you may refer to Books by M.K. Pandey and R.S. Aggarwal .
Some tips for DU LLB entrance exam
1. Make a daily schedule and make sure that you stick to it as you have very less time being in 3rd year of graduation. Keep some leisure time as well.
2. Start managing your time according to your subjects. Start making short term goals.
3. You can take help of a good coaching institute. They can easily help you with clearing of doubts, tests etc.
4. you can go for online mock tests available on the internet. Link ;
All the best
Thankyou, I hope it helps, Feel free to approach for further queries
the basic eligiblity criteria to appear for ailet examination is that the student must have completed his highersecondary with a pass percentage of 50% from any strea. it is also mentioned that students who are appearing for the current year higher secondary examination can also apply for the examination.
Hope this helps
All the best
Your AILET brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile