Latest Update for AIBE
- 25 Jul 2022:
AIBE XVII (17) 2022 important details announced, exam to be held in both online and offline modes, to check all details - Click here
- 03 Feb 2022:
AIBE XVI (16) 2021 result declared, to download - Click here
- 25 Oct 2021:
Candidates can use Bare Acts with short notes/comments during exam; to check updated exam pattern - Click here
Stay up-to date with AIBE News
About AIBE 2022
The Bar Council of India will conduct the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) XVII (17) 2022 tentatively in September 2022. The 17th bar examination will be held in both online and offline modes. According to the BCI, the AIBE XVI (17) 2022 will be conducted on a pan-India level, in over 150 exam centres spread in around 53 cities across the country. The application form of AIBE 2022 is expected to open in the last week of August 2022 at allindiabarexamination.com. Candidates who have completed LLB graduation and enrolled with any state bar council are eligible to apply for AIBE XVII (17) 2022.
Some changes to the AIBE XVII (17) 2022 exam pattern and eligibility criteria are also expected to be announced as the Supreme Court has recently directed the Bar Council of India to consider the AIBE exam for persons with other jobs.
What is AIBE?
A standard test for law graduates, AIBE is a certificate-based examination, conducted by the Bar Council of India (BCI). The AIBE is conducted by BCI to test an advocate's ability to practice the profession of law in India. The AIBE exam tests the skills of law graduates at a very basic level and sets the minimum benchmark for admission to the practice of law. AIBE is conducted in 40 cities across the country, in 11 different languages. Passing the bar examination or AIBE is mandatory for LLB graduates.
AIBE Latest news and updates:
AIBE XVII (17) 2022 details announced; Read below!
The Bar Council of India has released the tender document for the conduct of AIBE XVII (17) 2022. It mentions various details related to the conduct of AIBE XVII (17) 2022 such as the mode of examination, and exam centre names. The tender document also mentions that the AIBE XVII (17) 2022 has to be completed within three months of time. Candidates can check the highlights below;
- Mode of examination: AIBE 2022 will be held in both online and offline modes. Candidates will be given an option to choose the mode of examination.
- AIBE XVII (17) 2022 will be held in 53 cities across the country. Candidates can select any three AIBE exam centres of their choice while filling out the registration form.
- The bidder will complete the AIBE XVII (17) 2022 within three months of assigning the tender. The AIBE exam can be conducted in the last week of September or October.
Persons with other jobs can be provisionally enrolled with Bar Council for six months: SC
The Supreme Court has recently announced that a person engaged in "other profession" can be enrolled with the Bar Council. But, such a person will have to clear the All India Bar Examination (AIBE). After clearing the AIBE, they will be given six months to decide if they want to work as an advocate. To read the full news - Click here
In view of this, the Bar Council of India may announce some changes to AIBE eligibility criteria 2022. Further, a new fresh AIBE can also be conducted for those whose license has been suspended to take up other jobs.
AIBE 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||All India Bar Examination|
|Short Exam Name||AIBE|
|Conducting Body||Bar Council of India|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Languages||Assamese, Bengali +9 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3560 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
The Bar Council of India has prescribed the eligibility criteria for AIBE XVII (17) 2022. Candidates who want to apply for AIBE 2022 must meet the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form. The AIBE eligibility criteria are as mentioned below.
Candidates should have completed graduation in law (3-year LLB or 5-year LLB) from a university recognized by the Bar Council of India.
All candidates graduating from 2009-10 onwards are required to appear in AIBE and pass the examination in order to practice law in India.
Candidates whose law degree was awarded before 2009-10 are not required to appear in the AIBE exam.
Minimum percentage required
There are no minimum percentage criteria for appearing in the All India Bar Examination. However, the candidate must have passed the graduation examinations.
Enrolment with state bar council
Candidates must enrol themselves with the respective s tate bar council before appearing in the All India Bar Examination. Candidates not enrolled with any state bar council will not be eligible to appear in the examination.
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Demand Draft | Bank Challan
The BCI will release the AIBE application form XVII 2022 in online mode, at allindiabarexamination.com tentatively in August 2022. Candidates who meet the prescribed AIBE eligibility criteria need to duly fill out the application form of AIBE 2022 and submit it by the last date as specified by the council. When filling out the AIBE XVII application form one needs to use only genuine and verifiable information or else the candidate will be disqualified.
How to fill AIBE application form XVII (17) 2022:
- Registration: The candidate will have to first get registered by entering their enrolment number, date, and year of enrolment.
- Fill in the form: In this step personal, education and enrolment have to be entered. In the education and enrolment section, the candidate has to enter the name of the college from which the LLB degree is earned, year of admission and year of passing out, duration of the course, graduation stream, enrolment number, state with code, and year of enrolment.
- Uploading of documents: Scanned copies of signature and photograph have to be uploaded in the prescribed specification (size 10-50 kb). A self-Attested enrolment certificate and photo id should also be uploaded. The allowed format is jpg/jpeg.
- Select test language and exam centre: The AIBE 2022 exam will be administered in 11 languages.
Test languages: Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu
- Payment of test fee: The candidate will next have to pay the application fee in offline mode using an SBI bank challan (which have to be downloaded from the online application portal) at a nearby SBI bank branch.
- Uploading of challan info: The candidate will have to upload fee payment details like bank code, journal number, etc. to complete the application process.
|ST, SC||Offline||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 2560|
|General, OBC||Offline||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 3560|
I.P.C (Indian penal code)
Cr.P.C (criminal procedure code)
C.P.C (code of civil procedure)
Alternative dispute redressal including arbitration act
Public interest litigation
Professional ethics and cases of professional misconduct under BCI rules
Labour and industrial laws
Law of tort, including motor vehicle act and consumer protection law
Law related to taxation
Law of contract, specific relief, property laws, negotiable instrument act
Land acquisition act
Intellectual property laws
The AIBE 2022 exam will be in online as well as offline mode. So candidates who have registered or plan to register for the exam need to put their exam preparation in a higher gear.
- At this stage, you are more or less familiar with the AIBE 2022 XVII (17) exam pattern. But there is a twist in that books and textual material; bare acts are allowed through. So, the candidate now has to work for a plan where they are able to answer questions asked in the exam without having to consult a source. There is no doubt that one will have to work and depend on their memory power among other things to ace the exam this year.
- Being conversant with the marking scheme, the structure of questions asked, weightage carried by various sections will help to get more out of one's preparation.
- Don't go beyond the AIBE syllabus of 2022, because questions will be drafted from the official syllabus only.
- Candidates are advised to start their preparation well in advance and not leave the syllabus for the last few days. Break down the syllabus in chunks, assign time for each block, and allot time as per the difficulty level of a topic.
- Candidates must go through AIBE sample papers and practice them. They may also take mock tests to get an idea of the exam situation and how to deal with it. Solving sample papers is also an effective preparation strategy. This will mentally prepare the candidate for the exam and he/she will not be caught off-guard easily.
- Complete the syllabus in a way that there is enough time for revision.
Candidates appearing in AIBE XVII (17) 2022 should be familiar with its exam pattern. The AIBE exam pattern informs about the test mode, language, question numbers, types as well as marking scheme. Having prior information on AIBE XVII (17) exam pattern would help the candidates prepare well for the examination. The details of the exam pattern are given below.
AIBE 2022 Exam Pattern XVII (17) 2022
|Mode of exam||The exam will be conducted in both online and offline modes. However:|
|Question type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each question will have four answer options, out of which, one will be the true answer. |
|Total number of questions||100|
|Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.|
There is no negative marking.
Practising AIBE mock tests, or previous year papers is an important part of preparation. Candidates should solve all the AIBE last year question papers and sample papers to understand the test difficulty and type of questions asked in the examination.
The previous year papers of AIBE XVII (17) 2022 will also help the candidates in testing their level of preparation. The direct link to download the AIBE previous year papers is given below.
To visit AIBE sample paper store - Click here
The Bar Council of India (BCI) will release the AIBE admit card XVII (17) 2022 a few days before the examination. To download the admit card, the candidate needs to visit the official website allindiabarexamination.com.
An important document for sitting in the AIBE exam 2022, the admit card carries vital details like the date and time of the exam, AIBE exam centre 2022 allotted to the candidate and exam-day guidelines. Note that this session, the AIBE exam will no longer be an open-book exam, as candidates can't take books and textual material inside the exam hall; the only exception is bare acts which are allowed.
How to download AIBE admit card XVII (17) 2022?
- Visit the official website of AIBE (17) 2022
- Click on the official download link.
- The candidate will be redirected to a log-in window
- You have to enter your registration number and DOB
- On successful login, AIBE admit card will be displayed in downloadable pdf format.
- Download and take a printout of the AIBE 2022 admit card.
Details mentioned on the AIBE admit card 2022
- Candidate's name
- Roll number and application number
- Name and address of AIBE XVII (17) exam centre.
- AIBE 2022 exam date and timings
- Reporting time
- Exam-day guidelines (including COVID-safety protocols to be followed)
I have difficulty in downloading the AIBE 2022 admit card. What should I do?
In such a scenario, the candidate needs to get in touch with exam officials at the below numbers/email ids at the earliest.
Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone numbers :
AIBE 2022 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid photo identity card
The Bar Council of India (BCI) will release the provisional AIBE answer key 2022 a few days after the examination. Candidates will have to use roll number/registration number and date of birth to check the AIBE XVII (17) result 2022. Candidates who have qualified according to the revised answer key result will earn the COP certificate.
The AIBE answer key will have answers to all 100 multiple choice questions asked in the exam.
How to download AIBE 2022 XVII (17) answer key
- Click on the answer key download link.
- The candidate will be redirected to a page where the answer key would be displayed in downloadable pdf format.
Kindly Click here for revised answer key (AIBE-XVI)
Kindly Click here for Answer Key (AIBE-XVI)
Kindly Click here for Question Paper Set Code-A (AIBE-XVI)
Kindly Click here for Question Paper Set Code-B (AIBE-XVI)
Kindly Click here for Question Paper Set Code-C (AIBE-XVI)
Kindly Click here for Question Paper Set Code-D (AIBE-XVI) "
AIBE 2022 Exam Analysis
The All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is a moderately difficult examination. By putting the AIBE exam as a final level of assessment after LLB seeks to set a standard for legal practice in the country. The AIBE XVII (17) 2022 will assess skills at a basic level. The questions in the AIBE exam are framed to test candidates’ analytical abilities and understanding of basic knowledge of law.
Some of the important topics for AIBE (XVII) 2022 are mentioned below.
- Civil Procedure Code, 1908
- Mechanism of PILs
- Specific Relief Act 1963
- Indian Evidence Act
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Cyber Law
- Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- Companies act, 2013
- Income Tax Act
- Arbitration and Conciliation Act
- Indian Constitution and important Articles
- Rules and procedure of the Supreme Court, High Court, Bar Council
The BCI will declare the result of AIBE XVII 2022 in online mode. Candidates who qualify in the AIBE 2022 exam will be issued a Certificate of Practice (COP), which is a permit to practice law in courts in India. simply as pass or fail; no scores are released. If a candidate fails to qualify in the AIBE 2022, they can make further attempts as there is no age limit.
How to download result of AIBE (XVII) 2022?
- Click on the result link.
- Fill in roll number and date of birth.
- On successful log-in, the result of AIBE XVI will be displayed on-screen.
- Download the result.
Candidates who have objections against their result status can submit the rechecking request to the BCI. The council will accept all rechecking requests in online and offline mode, and after reviewing all objections, it will declare a revised result.
The Bar Council of India has prescribed the cut off for AIBE in the form of minimum qualifying marks. All candidates securing a score equivalent to or above the passing marks will be declared "Pass" in the examination. The AIBE cut offs 2022 are mentioned below.
AIBE XVII (17) cut-offs 2022
Minimum qualifying percentage
Qualifying marks (Out of 100)
Candidates who are having disabilities declared by appropriate authority
5% less than general category cut off
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Who can appear in AIBE XVII (17) 2022?
As per the eligibility criteria, the candidate must be a law graduate and has completed his graduation after 2010.
Question:How can I apply for AIBE XVII (17) 2022?
The application form for AIBE will be released tentatively in August, 2022. You can apply in online mode by visiting the AIBE application form portal.
Question:What type of questions will asked in AIBE 2022?
The questions in the exam were be asked from a given AIBE syllabus and had various topics of law.
Question:How many questions are asked in AIBE, will there be any negative marking?
The AIBE 2022 question paper will have a total of 100 multiple choice questions, each of one mark. There was no negative marking.
Question:Can I carry my study material inside the AIBE exam hall?
Yes, AIBE is no longer an open book exam, so you cannot carry the study material like books, copies inside the hall. However one can carry Bare acts with them.
Question:When will the AIBE admit card 2022 be released?
The admit card of AIBE XVI 2022 will be released a few days before the examination. Candidates will be able to download the admit card by logging into the examination portal.
Questions related to AIBE
2022 all india bar exam date plese sir
Bar Council of India (BCI) releases AIBE XVII (17) 2022 exam date on its official website - allindiabarexamination.com. The officials have not yet released the information regarding the date of the exam. There is no information from the officials regarding the exam schedule yet. Keep an eye on the official website or the link below for the latest information. Bar Council of India conducts All India Bar Examination (AIBE) for 3-year LLB and 5-year LLB graduates and issues the Certificate of Practice (CoP) to the qualified candidates.
kindly specify the date of 17th AIBE examination
The Bar Council of India will conduct the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) XVII (17) 2022 tentatively in August 2022. The 17th bar examination will be held in offline, pen and paper mode. The officials have not yet declared any dates. Keep an eye on the official website or the link below for the latest information. The application form of AIBE XVII (17) 2022 will be released soon, at the official website - allindiabarexamination.com. https://law.careers360.com/articles/aibe-application-form
Hi I am planning to pursue LLB course in Tamilnadu. I am presently a CA, will I be permitted to enroll with State Bar Council after completion of LLB. Is there any condition that I should not earn any income during the course period. Regards Nathan
Hello Nathan, there is no such condition as not being allowed to work or earn during your LLB. Yu are completely free to continue your CA practice during your LLB course. It might be difficult for you to manage time when you simultaneously continue to work in two fields. However, it is completely up to you.
You will definitely be eligible to write in the State Bar Council Exam.
Can i give AIBE exam after a few years of my graduation? like example i have graduated in 2021 but i give exams in 2022 i.e after one year.
AIBE stands for All India Bar Examination , is a national level exam conducted by Bar council of India for law graduates willing to start practice of lawyers.
This exam has no limitation of number of attempts and age. Yes, you can give exam after few years of graduation any number of times.
But there is a minimum eligibility criteria of having LLB degree of minimum 3 years of duration . Please note that the exam is only conducted once a year which is of 210 minutes duration.
It will be more helpful for you to read Careers360 AIBE blog at: https://law.careers360.com/exams/aibe
I hope it covers your query.
can you provide us AIBE sample paper in gujarati langauage
Hope you're doing great...!
So, with regard of you're query .The All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is a test that determines an advocate's ability to practise law in India. Sample papers in Gujarati are accessible on the website that I am supplying you with here:
Hope this will helps you...!