About AP PGLCET 2020
Andhra Pradesh Postgraduate Law Common Entrance Test (AP PGLCET) is conducted by Shri Krishnadevaraya University for admission to postgraduate law programs in the state of Andhra Pradesh. AP PGLCET 2020 exam was conducted on October 1. The answer key of AP PGLCET was released on October 3. The application form of AP PGLCET was released on March 11, 2020, last date to submit the application form without late fee was June 15. With late fee of Rs. 2000, the application can be filled till September 25. AP PGLCET 2020 is a computer-based test (CBT) and is conducted in various exam centres of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The exam duration is one-hour and thirty minutes, with questions covering topics like jurisprudence, public international law, constitutional law, mercantile law, crimes and torts, labour laws, and IPR. AP PGLCET 2020 question-type will be MCQ-based. Based on AP PGLCET 2020 scores, admission will be offered to two-year LL.M. course offered by the 13 participating colleges.
AP PGLCET 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||AP PGLCET|
|Conducting Body||Sri Krishnadevaraya University|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||850 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
AP PGLCET 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
03 Oct, 2020 - 19 Oct, 2020
Answer Key | Mode: Online
01 Oct, 2020
Exam | Mode: Online
16 Jul, 2020 - 25 Sep, 2020
Late Fee Application - With a late fee of Rs 2000 | Mode: Online
24 Sep, 2020
Admit Card | Mode: Online
07 Jul, 2020 - 16 Jul, 2020
Late Fee Application - With a late fee of Rs 1000 | Mode: Online
07 Jul, 2020 - 10 Jul, 2020
Application Correction | Mode: Online
15 Jun, 2020 - 07 Jul, 2020
Late Fee Application - With a late fee of Rs 500 | Mode: Online
11 Mar, 2020 - 15 Jun, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
AP PGLCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Shri Krishnadevaraya University has released the AP PGLCET eligibility criteria 2020 that all applicants have to meet in order to be considered for admission to postgraduate law programs in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Among the important AP PGLCET 2020 eligibility criteria that candidates have to fulfil include that of qualifying exam passed, minimum marks, and age limit (refer the bullets below):
AP PGLCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Qualifying exam: The candidate needs to have passed L.L.B./B.L. degree L.L.B./B.L. final year exam scoring minimum 50% aggregate marks ( SC/ST candidates need 45% marks).
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in the current academic season may also apply.
- Who is not eligible: Candidates who passed 10+2/graduation/post-graduation through a single sitting exam but without having any basic qualification will not be eligible.
- There is no upper age limit.
- Candidate needs to be an Indian national and fulfil local/ non-local status requirements as per Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions Order (Regulation of Admissions), 1974 and the amendments made under the order.
AP PGLCET 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Other
Shri Krishnadevaraya has released AP PGLCET application form 2020 on March 11 in online mode and can be filled by candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria. When filling the application, only genuine information must be used. All details shared by the candidate will be checked during the document verification process; in case of any discrepancy, the candidate may be disqualified.
How to fill AP PGLCET application form 2020
- Click on the official link to make the payment.
- While paying the fee, the candidate has to enter details like the candidate's name, DOB, contact number, desired programme, fee amount, and so on.
- The application fee is Rs 850.
- The available payment modes are – net banking, credit, and debit card.
- Cash payment is also accepted. For this mode of payment, candidates have to report to AP ONLINE/ TS ONLINE centres.
- Upon successful payment, a payment ID will be generated. Candidates must retain the payment ID until the time of admission.
Filling AP PGLCET 2020 application form
- To access the application form, click on ‘Fill application’ tab. Note that this application form can only be accessed post payment of fee.
- In the form, the candidate will have to enter qualifying exam hall ticket number, birth date, mobile number
- Click on ‘Proceed to fill application’ option.
- The application form will be displayed on screen. Fill in details like candidate’s name, mother’s and father’s names, phone number, address, birth date, Aadhar Card number, gender, birth district and state, ration card number, category, candidates’ bank details etc.
- Select the relevant qualifying examination and other details related to it.
- Candidates will also have to select their places of study in the last seven years, based on which local area of the candidate will be decided.
Entrance Test details
- In this section, the candidate has to select the course to which they are seeking admission.
- Next, select test for AP PGLCET 2020 in the order of preference. A maximum of two test centres can be selected.
- Upload scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- Upon uploading the documents, read the declaration, and click on "save data" to move on to next page.
- Check that entered data is correct before submitting the application form.
- Upon successful submission of the application form, a message saying, “Your application is submitted successfully. Please note your Registration Number for further reference" will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a printout of the completed application form
- Candidates will be required to submit the print out at the test centre. For further references after the exam, candidates can use the registration number.
|ST, OBC, SC, General||Online, Offline||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 850|
AP PGLCET 2020 Syllabus
Schools of jurisprudence
|Sources of law, custom precedent and legislation|
Rights and duties
|Ownership and possession, persons, obligation, property, liability, legal sanctions|
Nature of the constitution
|Fundamental rights, directive principles of state policy, executive, judiciary, and legislature, center-state relations, emergency provisions, amendments to the constitution|
Public international law
International law and municipal law
Air, sea, and outer space
Nationality and statelessness
General principles of contract
|Sections 1-75, Indian contract act, 1872|
Trade union act, 1926
Industrial disputes act, 1947
Crimes and torts
|Indian penal code-general principles|
|General principles of tort|
|State liability for torts|
|Consumer protection act, 1986|
IPR and other laws
Copyright act, 1957
Patents act, 2005
Environmental protection act, 1986
Human rights, the protection of human rights act, 1993
Salient features of information technology act, 2000 and right to information act, 2005
AP PGLCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can refer to the following AP PGLCET 2020 preparation tips to hone their preparation and improve chances of success in the exam.
- Thoroughly go through the exam pattern of AP PGLCET 2020 to learn about the structure and nature of the exam, including number and type of questions, duration of the exam, topics covered, and marking scheme.
- Follow the official syllabus, as questions will typically be asked from inside the syllabus only.
- Practice previous years' AP PGCLET question and sample papers. It will help build problem solving ability and understand concepts better.
- Take mock tests, as they are best tools to test exam readiness and figure out problem areas. Plug the holes as you go along. More mock tests a candidate takes, the more confident they will feel. Time management can also be learned by taking mock tests.
AP PGLCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing in the state-level exam are advised to carefully go through the AP PGLCET exam pattern 2020. This will acquaint the candidate abut the key features of the exam,including mode of exam, question types, sections covered etc. This in turn will aid the candidate to make a more effective exam preparation routine.
AP PGLCET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Duration of exam||90 minutes|
|Total number of marks||120|
|Sectional Weightage||Part A – 40 |
Part B -80
|Parts||Part A - Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence|
Part B - Mercantile Law, Public International, Law, Labour Law, IPR and Other laws, Crime and Torts
AP PGLCET 2020 Admit Card
Shri Krishnadevaraya University released the admit card of AP PGLCET 2020 after successful registration. An important document for appearing in the exam, AP PGLCET admit card 2020 contains key information like name and roll number of the candidate, name and venue of exam centre, and date and time of exam.
Candidates could refer to the following steps to download their admit card.
How to Download AP PGLCET 2020 Admit Card
- Candidates will have to click on the official link to download the admit card.
- Upon clicking the link, candidates will have to enter payment reference ID, registration number, qualifying examination hall ticket number, mobile number, and date of birth.
- Candidate’s admit card will appear on screen.
- Download the admit card by clicking on ‘Download Hall Ticket’ button.
- The admit card of AP PGLCET 2020 should be retained until the admission process is over.
AP PGLCET 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Valid ID proof
- Admit card
AP PGLCET 2020 Answer Key
Exam officials had released AP PGLCET answer key 2020 on October 3. Test takers can use AP PGLCET 2020 answer keys to compare their answers with the official answers. This way the candidate will be able to calculate probable scores even before actual results are announced. The candidate may even use previous years' AP PGLCET cutoff data to access their chances based on this estimated score.
How to Download AP PGLCET 2020 Answer Key
- Go to the official website of APSCHE
- Click on the "exam papers and preliminary keys" option
- Select the relevant question paper or answer key
- Download the file
AP PGLCET Answer Key – Filing Objections
Any candidate who has any reservations against keys mentioned in the official AP PGLCET answer key may file objections within a given time frame. Authorities will consider all such objections/challenges filed by candidates before publishing the final AP PGLCET 2020 answer key.
AP PGLCET 2020 Result
Shri Krishnadevaraya University will declare the result of AP PGLCET result 2020 soon after the release of the answer key. The result would be available online and include the section-wise and overall marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam.
How to Check AP PGLCET 2020 Result
Candidates can check AP PGLCET result by following the steps given below.
- Click on the official result link.
- Upon clicking on the link, a log-in form will open.
- Enter AP PGLCET 2020 registration and hall ticket number.
- The result of AP PGLCET 2020 will be displayed on screen.
- Download and take a printout of the result.
Questions related to AP PGLCET
marks to get andhra University seat for ap pglcet
Hope you are doing well.
To get admission in Andhra University-[AU] your grade category should be "B". To get this grade category your marks in AP ICET should be in the range of 110-150. For this marks your rank range will be around 100-1000. Colleges which offer admission for grade "B" category are,
- Andhra University - [AU], Visakhapatnam
- Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College - [VRSEC], Vijayawada
- Dr. Lankapalli Bullayya College, Visakhapatnam
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology and Science, Kadapa
- Lakireddy Bali Reddy College of Engineering - [LBRCE], Krishna.
So, if you have above mentioned score you will definitely get admission in Andhra University [AU].
Hope this helps you.
All the Best!!!
what is the second counseling date of ap pglcet 2019?
The exact dates for ap pglcet 2019 dates are not announced. They are yet to be officially declared. But according to the tentative dates available, the second counselling will be held soon maybe in the third or fourth week of November itself. So stay tuned with the official website of AP PGLCET for quick updates. Thank you.
Could you please tell me the date of PGLCET EXAM
The AP LAWCET has commenced with the notification application on March 11, 2019 . Candidates can submit the application form till April 24, 2019 without any late fee. After the submission of the application form by the applicants, admit cards will be issued on May 1, 2019.
Examination will be conducted on May 6, 2019 followed by the issue of answer key. The conducting body then announced the result on May 17, 2019 along with the issue of rank card and conduct of counselling in the first week of October.
There are 16 centres of AP Law CET in Andhra Pradesh only.
The result shall be declared on May 17th , 2019.
The exam paper shall be for 120 marks and shall be for 120 minutes .There shall be no negative marking. AP LAWCET Answer Key 2019 will be available in online mode which will give candidates an opportunity to cross-check their answers marked in the law examination.
Along with the application form of AP LAWCET 2019, candidates need to upload the following documents as mentioned below-
Mark-sheets of 10th and 12th examinations along with the admit card number issued by the board.
Scanned copy of photograph
Scanned copy of signature.
Identity Proofs like Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/ PAN Card/ Voter’s Identity Card/ Passport/ College Identity Card (self-attested)
Caste Certificate, if required.
Candidates should ensure to fill-in the complete and correct details submitted in the application form. However, the correction window will be made available to the candidates from April 27, 2019 to April 28, 2019. After this span, candidates will not be able to make any changes in their application form.
It is advised that candidates keep their login passwords of AP LAWCET discrete and not share it with anyone. Also, for security reasons, it is essential to log out from AP LAWCET portal after updating or filling or submitting the application form of AP LAWCET 2019.
In case a candidate pays the fees twice, the second amount deducted will be refunded within 7 working days by the university.
Best of luck !
Previous questions and answers of AP PGLCET.
The following link will help you get previous year papers for AP PGLCET
Hope this serves your query. Please feel free to respond and ask further questions.
All the best.