Stay up-to date with CLAT PG News
About CLAT PG 2022
The NLU Consortium conducts CLAT PG once a year to provide admission to candidates in one-year LLM courses offered by 19 participating NLUs. CLAT PG 2022 exam will be conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) in offline (pen and paper) mode. The CLAT PG 2022 application form is likely to be released in the first week of January 2022. Candidates who will pass the CLAT PG 2022 examination will be eligible for admission to the LLM programmes offered by the participating national law universities.
Once the application process is complete, the consortium of NLU's will release the CLAT PG admit card 2022. It is mandatory for candidates to download the admit card before appearing in the exam. Candidates will have to log in to the official portal of the "admit card download" and enter their registered mobile number and password; the download link will also be given on this page once released.
As per the exam pattern of CLAT PG 2022, the test will include comprehension-based questions from various legal subjects of graduation level. Each question will carry one mark and each incorrect answer will invite a penalty of -0.25 marks. Candidates should check the CLAT 2022 Syllabus for PG before starting the exam preparation. For preparatory purposes, candidates can refer to the previous year CLAT PG question papers.
After the exam, NLU of Consortium will release the CLAT PG Result 2022; post which the CLAT counselling 2022 will begin.
CLAT PG answer keys and question papers will also be released on the official website of the consortium. Candidates who will appear in the CLAT PG 2022 exam can check all the related updates of the national-level exam at its official website: consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
CLAT previous year highlights
|CLAT Registration||No of appeared candidates||No of appeared candidates |
|Number of seats offered||LLM program - 808 seats||LLM program - 808 seats|
|Participating institutes||CLAT PG - Postgraduate courses are available at nineteen (19) NLUs.|
|Highest marks||CLAT PG - 85.75/120||CLAT PG - 72/120|
Address - P.O. Bag 7201, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore - 560 072 Karnataka, India
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
CLAT PG 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Common Law Admission Test for LLM|
|Short Exam Name||CLAT PG|
|Conducting Body||Consortium of NLUs|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||4000 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||742 Seats|
The NLU consortium provides official CLAT PG 2022 eligibility criteria on its official website. The eligibility criteria of CLAT PG 2022 provides information such as qualifying exam passed, marks obtained in the qualifying exam, and age limit of candidates required before filling the CLAT 2022 application form. Only those candidates who meet the CLAT PG eligibility criteria 2022 requirements will be able to apply for the exam/
Eligibility criteria of CLAT PG 2022
- Educational Qualification - Candidates should have completed LLB graduation (3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB) from any recognized institute by the Bar Council of India.
- Qualifying exam : All candidates must have minimum 50% marks in the qualifying exam. However, candidates belonging to the SC and ST category will be given 5% relaxation and can apply for CLAT PG 2022 with 45% marks in graduation (qualifying exam).
- Upper age limit : There is no upper age limit.
- Appearing in qualifying exam : Candidates who are in their final year of the qualifying exam can also apply for the CLAT PG 2022 exam.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The CLAT consortium will release the application form of CLAT PG 2022 tentatively in January 2022. Candidates will be able to fill the application form was available in online mode. Before filling the CLAT PG 2022 application form, candidates must check the eligibility criteria. The application for of CLAT PG 2022 must be filled using correct and verifiable data.
How to fill CLAT PG application form 2022:
- Online Registration - To register online, the candidate has to create an applicant account by entering details like name, phone number, and email id. On successful registration, a password will be generated for the new account.
- Filling of application form - Next fill in various sections in the form like personal details, correspondence, and address details. Also, select the course of study.
- Uploading of documents - In this step, candidates have to upload scanned photographs, signature, and domicile certificates as per the format specified in the table below:
Image size (maximum)
State of domicile certificate
Payment of application fee - After confirming the details, proceed to make payment of the application fee. The online payment options through which fees can be paid are through net banking, credit, or debit cards.
|OBC, General||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 4000|
|OBC, General||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 4000|
|SC, ST||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 3500|
Other areas of law such as jurisprudence, administrative law, law of contract, torts, family law, criminal law, property law, company law, public international law, tax law, environmental law, and labour and industrial law
Essay on topics of law and contemporary issues
CLAT PG exam pattern is officially provided by the consortium. The exam pattern of CLAT PG includes details such as the number of questions asked, mode of exam, marking scheme, question type and related information.
Exam pattern of CLAT PG 2022
- There are no descriptive section
- Only multiple-choice questions (MCQs) are asked
- There are 120 MCQs
- Questions are comprehension based
- +1 mark is awarded for correct, while -1/4 mark is deducted for an incorrect answer
Mode of exam : Online
Exam duration : 2 hours
The consortium will release the hall ticket cum admit card of CLAT PG 2022, to all candidates who will successfully fill the application form. The CLAT admit card 2022 PG will be an important document that all candidates need to carry during the national-level exam day. Candidates must safely keep the admit card even after the exam day, as it is also required for post-exam events like counselling.
How to download CLAT PG admit card 2022
- Go to the official website of the consortium
- Entering registration number and password to login
- The admit card will be displayed on screen for download.
- Download and take a printout of CLAT PG 2022 admit card
- Keep safe it for future reference
How to address discrepancies in CLAT PG admit card 2022
It is vital for candidates to check that the details mentioned in the CLAT PG 2022 admit card such as the name is correctly spelt, the right photo is included, and that the information is legible. In case it is not so, candidates need to get in touch with exam officials immediately and get the error rectified.
Details mentioned on the CLAT PG admit card :
- Roll number
- Date and time of CLAT PG 2022 exam
- Name and address of exam centre
- Exam day guidelines
CLAT PG 2022 exam day document checklist : On the day of exam, along with the admit card, the candidate also needs to bring with them a valid photo id proof, including Aadhaar card/PAN card/driving license/passport, etc.
CLAT PG 2022 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- CLAT PG admit card 2022
- A valid photo id proof
The exam conducting authorities will release the provisional answer keys of CLAT PG 2022 along with the question papers. The CLAT answer key will include all the questions asked in the CLAT PG exam. The candidates who will appear in the exam can refer to the answers given in the CLAT PG answer key 2022 along with their answers; and thus calculate their expected scores.
For calculating marks, refer to the official marking scheme. In case the candidate feels like there is any discrepancy in any of the keys, they may challenge the provisional key(s) within a given time frame on payment of a fee. Exam officials will notify a window during which challenges can be filed.
All objections are considered by the consortium before officials release the final answer key of CLAT PG 2022. An important distinction between the final and provisional keys is the keys mentioned in the provisional key can be challenged, but no challenges to the final keys are entertained.
The exam conducting authority will declare the result of CLAT PG 2022 soon after conducting the exam. The result will be declared in online exam. CLAT 2022 result will be available at the official consortium website; and will be in the form of scorecards, which includes details like the score obtained by the candidate, AIl India Rank (AIR), and category of the candidate.
How to check CLAT PG 2022 result
- Click on the result link
- A login window will open
- Enter registration/application number and date of birth
- The CLAT PG result 2022 will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a print of the result.
Preparation of CLAT PG merit list
The marks obtained by candidates in the CLAT PG exam will later be used to prepare the CLAT PG merit list. This merit list will be further used for counselling and seat allotment process.
In cases where two or more candidates will score the same marks in CLAT PG 2022 exam, the consortium of NLUs will use a tie-breaking procedure to decide the merit rank.
The CLAT PG 2022 cutoff is the minimum rank or score that a candidate will have to secure in order to get admission to the LLM course at any of the participating NLUs. The CLAT PG cutoff 2022 will be category-specific and released separately for the NLUs. Candidates will be required to meet the cutoff criteria (on the basis of their categories) for the applied institute to be considered for admission. Candidates failing to meet the cutoff will not be considered qualified for further admission process.
Factors affecting CLAT PG 2022 cutoff:
- The number of candidates appearing in CLAT PG 2022
- The performance of applicants in the exam
- The number of applicants to the college in question
- Number of sanctioned seats
- The category of the candidate.
NOTE: If any of the above parameters change, the CLAT PG cutoff will also be changed.
Mode of Counselling: Online
The consortium will conduct CLAT 2022 counselling in ONLINE mode. The counselling registration will begin after result declaration. In counselling rounds, candidates will have to select/edit NLU preferences and pay a counselling fee of Rs. 50,000.
Candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling process based on their marks in the CLAT 2022 entrance exam. The consortium will also publishINVITE lists for the UG and PG programmes, wherein candidates approximately FIVE times the number of seats available for each category will be invited for the CLAT counselling.
The allotment of CLAT seats will be done on the basis the merit rank of the candidate and NLU preference selected.
Post seat allotment, the candidates will get following options:
- Accept the allotted seat; or
- Exit the admission process.
Documents Required at Counselling
- CLAT PG admit card 2022
- CLAT PG application form 2022
- CLAT PG score card 2022
- Class 12th marksheet (academic qualification/ eligibility criteria)
- Class 10th marksheet (date of birth proof)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Sponsored NRI certificate (if applicable)
- NRI certificate (if applicable)
- Specially-abled certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- L.L.B marksheet
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:1. When will the CLAT 2022 admit card be released?
The CLAT admit card 2022 will be released after completion of the registration process. Candidates will be able to download it in online mode.
Question:2. Can candidates who haven't yet appeared in their qualifying exam still appear in CLAT PG 2022?
As per the exam pattern, any candidate who will be appearing in the final LLB or any equivalent exam in April/May 2022 will be eligible to take CLAT PG 2022.
Question:3. Are there any changes to the exam pattern for the new session?
The CLAT PG 2022 question paper will include comprehension-based questions. Also, there are discussions to introduce cutoff marks for LLM admission.
Question:4. When will CLAT PG 2022 entrance exam be conducted?
The offline-based CLAT PG 2022 exam date will be notified officially.
Question:5. Will CLAT PG scores used for admission to NLUs only?
There are 18 NLUs that are participating institutes of CLAT PG exam and use CLAT PG scores for admission purpose. In addition, there are 52 private institutes as well as Dr. B R Ambedkar National Law University Sonipat, Haryana that will admit candidates based on CLAT PG scores.
Question:6. What is the full form of CLAT PG?
CLAT PG is the short form of Common Law Admission Test for Post Graduate.
Question:7. Is there any upper age limit for appearing in CLAT PG 2022?
No, there will be no upper age limit for appearing in the postgraduate exam.
Question:8. What educational qualification is needed for appearing in CLAT PG 2022?
For CLAT PG 2022 exam, candidates should have a graduation degree in Law.
Question:How many questions will be asked in CLAT PG 2022?
A total of 120 questions were asked in CLAT UG 2022. Each question carried one mark and incorrect answers attract a penalty of 0.25 marks.
Questions related to CLAT PG
if i graduate in 2023 August September, will I be eligible to sit for clat pg 2023 exam? or will i have to wait and sit for clat pg 2024 exam?
Hope you are doing well.
The Consortium of National Law Universities c onducts the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
For this particular year, Registrations for the examination was opened on 1st January 2021 and closed on 15 June 2021. The exam was conducted on 23rd July, from 2 PM to 4 PM.
eligibility criteria:( as per 2021)
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2021.
- Minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination of 10+2 or an equivalent examination, the candidates must have secured 45% marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- 40% marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2021 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2021 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:Higher marks in the component / section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2021 exam;Higher age;Computerised draw of lots
Same is for PG level Clat, [point 04.]
The students applying for a particular year CLAT exam can be among the same year graduates. But you need to produce a certified proof of graduation for this.
So, if you are graduating in the year 2023, you can give the CLAT exam in the same year, providing the evidence of graduation.
Hopefully this cleared your query.
BEST wishes ahead.
approximately how many studemts sit for clat ug every year? is it better to give clat ug or clat pg?
There are approximately 2522 seats in All India CLAT UG programs , and 1635 seats in CLAT LLM . Out of the total seats there are All India seats , state seats , category - wise reservation seats
As per data released by the consortium , 53,226 students appeared for UG CLAT and 6,217 students appeared for CLAT PG 2020 , thus according to these data it is better to give CLAT PG as the competition level is much less compared to CLAT UG
LIST OF COLLEGES YOU CAN DO UG / PG AFTER CLAT
- Hidayatullah National Law University
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies
- Tamil Nadu National Law University
- National Law University. Jodhpur
- National Law Institute University. Bhopal
- NALSAR University of Law. Hyderabad.
- Hidayatullah National Law university
Hope this clarifies all your doubts
Best wishes for your future
Hi, I was rank 65 this year. Was hoping for some guidance on PSU applications- most of the ones mentioned here dont seem to have live application processes. Did the window to apply close before the exam itself? Only one I could find live was PGCIL.
The application window for PSUs will be as per the schedule specified by each PSUs. Few PSUs start the application process for recruitment through GATE before the GATE Entrance Examination is conducted while few starts the application process after the GATE Entrance Examination is conducted. You have to check for the notifications and apply accordingly. You can find the list of PSUs and the application dates for recruitment by clicking on the link below
Hello. Ive got all India rank 7434 in clat (PG) and all India obc rank is 1039. Am I eligible to get any NLU seats?
Hope you are doing fine.
First of all, congratulations!
You have secured a good rank in such a difficult level exam.
You have chances of getting a good law college. But it depends on cut off.
Cut off marks may change because of the factors like difficulty level of paper and students intake or others.
You can predict your chances of getting in a NLU by clicking the link below:
Hope it helps
All the best !!
AIR 2543,CLAT PG 2021. Any chance?Should I participate in counselling?
Since you have not mentioned your category so considering it as General if it is incorrect then please mention the correct one in the comment section below.
With AIR of 2543 it seems tad difficult to get any seat in PG in any college so it is not recommended to you to appear for counselling because you will have to pay some fee for counselling and for such rank I would recommend you to try again for CLAT and try to secure your Rank under 500 if you belong to General category.
Also note that cut-off keeps on changing every depending upon various factors like
-->> Total number of candidates appeared in the CLAT 2021 entrance exam
-->> Difficulty level of Paper
-->> Top score
-->> The seat intake for the 5-year LLB / LLM program
-->> Total candidates from reservation categories (SC, ST, etc.)
-->> Previous year's cutoff trends
But still you have very less chances to get any seat in any of the colleges through such CLAT score so you can try again for it and can appear in next year for it.
You can check out the previous year's CLAT cut-off data from the link given below :-
Also instead of appear for counselling you can predict the colleges on your own using your CLAT score by using CLAT College Predictor which you can access from the link given below and if you find chances in some colleges then you can think of appearing in counselling :-
I hope this information helps you.
Good Luck for your future!!