Stay up-to date with LSAT India PG News
About LSAT India PG 2023
LSAT India PG 2023 - The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) has started the registrations for LSAT India 2023 on November 10, 2022. Candidates can register for LSAT India 2023 and fill out the application form online at discoverlaw.in till January 11, 2023 . It must be noted that LSAC doesn't prescribe any eligibility criteria for the exam; instead, LSAT India PG applicants must refer to the eligibility criteria mandated by the participating institute. LSAT India LLM 2023 will be held in online remote proctored mode.
According to the LSAT India PG exam pattern candidates will be tested on their logical, reasoning aptitude, and critical thinking skills which are crucial in the study and practice of law. The question paper of LSAT India PG 2022, also known as Law School Admission Test for LLM programme 2023, will be MCQ-type and include questions from four sections.
What is LSAT India PG?
LSAT India is a national-level law entrance test. LSAT India examination is a standardized test for assessing the skills of law aspirants on the basis of advance reading skills, critical thinking, informal and deductive reasoning skills. The exam is conducted by the Law School Admission Council also known as LSAC Global for admission to associated law colleges. The primary subjects of LSAT India 2023 exam are - analytical reasoning, logical reasoning and reading comprehension. A total of 92 questions will be asked in the exam that needs to be answered in 2 hours and 20 minutes. The exam is conducted for admission to 5-year LLB programme, 3-year LLB and LLM programme.
LSAT India exam important events 2023
LSAC conducts LSAT India exams in two sessions the first one in the December session and the second one in the June session. Below mentioned is the list of important events of LSAT India.
LSAT India 2023 - Events
LSAT India PG 2023 official notification
LSAC will release the official notification of LSAT India 2023 tentatively in October 2022. The official notification will inform about the LSAT India important dates.
LSAT India PG application form 2023
Registration of LSAT India 2023 will commence tentatively on October 2022 at the official website - discoverlaw.in
LSAT India PG 2023 admit card
LSAC India will release the admit card of LSAT India 2023 a few days before the examination.
LSAT India PG 2023 exam date
The LSAT exam 2023 is conducted in two sessions- January Session and June Session.
Law Colleges accepting LSAT India PG 2023
|O.P. Jindal Global (Institution of Eminence Deemed to Be University)||B.A. LL.B (Hons.), B.B.A LL.B(Hons.), LLB and LLM|
|JLU School of Law||B.A. LL.B(Hons.), B.B.A LL.B(Hons.), LLB and LLM|
|Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai||B.A. LL.B.(Hons.), B.B.A. LL.B.(Hons.) and LL.M.|
LSAT India PG 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Law School Admission Test for India for LLM|
|Short Exam Name||LSAT India PG|
|Conducting Body||Law School Admission Council|
|Frequency of Conduct||2 times a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3999 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 12 Minutes|
LSAT India PG 2023 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
10 Nov, 2022 - 26 May, 2023
Application - June session | Mode: Online Ongoing
17 Apr, 2023 - 29 May, 2023
Test scheduling for June session | Mode: Online
20 Apr, 2023 - 05 Jun, 2023
LSAT—India system readiness check - June session | Mode: Online
08 Jun, 2023 - 11 Jun, 2023
Exam - June session | Mode: Online
Past Dates and Events
22 Jan, 2023
Exam - January session | Mode: Online
18 Dec, 2022 - 18 Jan, 2023
LSAT—India system readiness check - January session | Mode: Online
12 Dec, 2022 - 16 Jan, 2023
Test scheduling for January session | Mode: Online
10 Nov, 2022 - 11 Jan, 2023
Application - January session | Mode: Online
LSAC doesn't prescribe any specific LSAT India 2023 eligibility criteria. The responsibility to frame eligibility criteria for admission lies with the participating institutes. Therefore candidates must check the eligibility criteria of their preferred college. The general eligibility criteria for LLM programme are mentioned below.
LSAT India LLM Eligibility Criteria 2023
- Educational Qualifications - The applicant must have completed a 3-year or 5-year L.L.B degree from a recognized university in India as mandated by the Bar Council of India (BCI) . Minimum marks in the qualifying exam may vary from one institute to another: so the candidate may contact the institute individually to know the minimum requirements in the LLB exam.
- Age requirements - There is no upper age limit for appearing in the exam.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Credit Card | Debit Card
LSAC has opened the LSAT India registration 2023 on November 10, 2022. Candidates who wish to appear in the LSAT India 2023 exam can fill registration form till January 11, 2023. Candidates can follow the below-given steps to fill out the application form.
How to Fill LSAT India PG 2023 Application Form?
- Click on the registration link to access the registration form.
- Enter your email id, password and other details to create an applicant account
- Verification will be sent to the registered email Id. Click on the link to activate the account
- Revisit the application form window to start filling LSAT PG India application form 2023.
Entering Important Details
Candidates need to enter the following details in the application form.
- Personal information like name, gender, DOB, nationality, etc.
- Contact information, including email ID and phone number
- Preference of programme, test centre, and law schools of their choice
- Educational qualifications like marks obtained in high school and senior secondary level exams and graduation degree.
- Additional information like father’s and mother’s names, occupations, contact information, etc.
- Terms and Conditions checkboxes which are to be ticked. Then click on submit an application.
Payment of fee
- In this step, the candidate has to pay the application fee of Rs. 3799 using debit/credit card/net banking.
|ST, General, EWS, SC, OBC||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 3999|
Candidates in order to ace the LSAT India 2023 exam must refer to the LSAT India PG 2023 preparation tips mentioned below.
- Candidates must go through the LSAT India PG 2023 exam pattern. Check out the types of questions asked, duration of the exam, topics covered, weightage of various topics, and marking scheme.
- LSAT India PG 2023, unlike other entrance exams, does not test mathematical and grammatical or general knowledge. Instead, it assesses candidates’ critical reasoning aptitude. Candidates should therefore practise previous year's sample papers to have an idea of questions asked and also to strengthen their logical and reasoning abilities.
- One should also take mock test tests and solve sample papers as part of their preparation.
- Candidates on the basis of their performance in these mock tests will be able to chart out a time management strategy to be adopted in the exam. This will also mentally prepare them for what awaits in the exam.
- Candidates must revise all the important topics during the last few weeks of the examination.
Law School Admission Council (LSAC) will release the exam pattern of LSAT India 2023. Candidates must go through the details about the exam, including information on the mode of the exam, marking scheme, test duration, etc. LSAT India 2023 PG exam will be of 2 hours 20 minutes duration and will be conducted in online, remote-proctored (AI-assisted) mode.
LSAT India PG Exam Pattern 2023
Mode of exam
The LSAT India exam will be conducted in online, remote proctored mode
Duration of LSAT India PG 2023 exam
2 hours 20 minutes
Total number of questions
Each section has to be completed in 35 minutes
Some of the questions will have four answer options, while the rest will have five answer options.
Every question will have only one correct answer.
There is no negative marking
Test scores will be provided as a scaled score between 420 and 480, a score band, along with percentile rank.
L SAT India PG 2023 Exam Pattern – Weightage
There are four sections in LSAT India PG 2023 - Analytical reasoning, Logical reasoning-1, Logical reasoning - 2, and Reading comprehension. Each section will have comprehension based question-based questions. The subject-wise weightage is mentioned below. Candidates are advised to go through the subject-wise weightage and prepare accordingly
Number of questions
Logical Reasoning (1)
Logical Reasoning (2)
2 hours and 20 minutes
LSAC will provide relevant sample papers for Law School Admission Test (LSAT), India 2023 a few weeks before the examination. The LSAT India 2023 sample papers will be available at its official website - discoverlaw.in. Candidates appearing in LSAT India 2023 should ensure that they practice these sample papers of LSAT India on a regular basis. LSAT India 2023 sample paper can help candidates develop speed and accuracy as they need to attempt 92 questions in 2 hours and 20 minutes.
How to Download LSAT India 2023 Sample Papers?
Candidates can download the sample papers of LSAT India 2023 by following the steps give below:
The LSAT India 2023 sample papers along with old sample papers will be given below
Click on the link given against the sample paper you want to download
The corresponding sample papers will be displayed in downloadable PDF format; no login is required
Download the sample paper and start solving the questions given in it.
LSAT India Official Preparation Test 2023
The slot booking process for LSAT India 2023 is an essential step for downloading the LSAT India PG admit card. Candidates who fail to book the test slots will not be able to download the LSAT India 2023 admit card.
LSAT India PG admit card 2023 carry the details like the name and roll number of the candidate, date of birth, and time and slot of the exam. Before downloading the admit card, one should thoroughly check the details mentioned on the admit card, for instance, whether the name is correctly spelt.
How to download LSAT India PG 2023 Admit Card?
- Click on admit card download link.
- Enter registered email id and password.
- On successful log-in, the admit card will be displayed on screen.
- Check that the details mentioned on it are correct and legible
- If satisfied, download and take a printout of the admit card.
Note: Keep the admit card safe even after the conclusion of the exam, as it will be required for subsequent admission processes.
LSAT India PG 2023 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Valid ID proof
- Admit card
- PAN card/ election card or voter ID/ driving license/passport/ Aadhar card/ E-aadhar card/ UID/ employee ID having photo or sign/ photo identity issued by college or university or school/ SC or ST certificate with photo
- If not any of the above, military or military dependent ID having candidate's photo/ any two of the following - 12th class admit card issued by the board or school ID card or tenth class mark sheet or certificate having DOB and photo
- HB pencils, erasers and sharpeners
The LSAC will release the results of LSAT India PG 2023 for the January session in online mode. The LSAT India PG 2023 result will be displayed in percentile form. The result will also include the qualifying status of the candidate. Candidates can check their result using their registration ID and password.
How to Check LSAT India PG 2023 Result?
- Click on the result link.
- Enter login id and password
- Next click on "Result"
- The result of LSAT India PG 2023 will be displayed on screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:What is the time duration of LSAT-India 2023?
In LSAT-India 2023 the candidates would be given 2 hours and 20 minutes, 35 minutes for each section
Question:Can Indian students take LSAT-India exam?
Yes, Indian students can give LSAT-India exam.
Question:How many questions will be there in LSAT India PG 2023?
There will be approx 92 questions in LSAT India PG 2023
Question:How will the LSAT-India be conducted?
LSAT India will be conducted in online, remote proctored mode.
Question:Who can apply for LSAT India 2023?
There are no specific eligibility criteria for appearing in LSAT India, however, you must fulfil the basic eligibility criteria for the study of law in India. For eg, for the BA LLB course, you must have completed Class 12 similarly, for LLB, you must have graduated in any discipline.
Questions related to LSAT India PG
What is the syllabus for LSAT-PG entrance exam?
LSAT PG entrance test will comprise of four sections such as
analytical reasoning to comprehend structural relationships, draw logical conclusions for the same, apply deductive reasoning from a set of statements/rules/principles pertaining to the relationships between people/event/thing, the question included in this section will be to test the legal problem solving skills of the candidate
logical reasoning of two sections to test the critical thinking skills, legal reasoning, draw valid conclusions, reasons based on analogy, identify the loopholes in arguments, apply rules/principle, the impact of additional evidence on an argument etc,
reading comprehension with four sets of questions pertaining to reading with four to nine question to test the reasoning and reading ability of candidates
you can check out our page at https://law.careers360.com/articles/lsat-india-sample-paper pertaining to sample papers of the entrance test, this will make you familiar with exam pattern, marking scheme, important topics and other relevant details pertaining to preparation of the exam.
, each secction will be provided a time limit of 35 minutes, and the paper will be set in MCQs format,
i am pursuing my bba llb degree and right now i am in final year final semester is i am eligible to fill form right now for lsat exam 2020 ?
Hello dear student,
if you want to go to Australia for further higher studies then definitely you can appear in this exam as the full form of ISAT is international student admission test 3 hour computer based multiple choice test designed assess a candidates intellectual skills and abilities that are the foundation of academic success at tertiary level. This test is developed by Australian council for educational research. while for you for the information I am here attaching a link from where you can get the for the information about international student admission test and I hope that will be helpful for you. https://isat.acer.org/aboabout-isat
Form filling date of this exam
The application mode is online. The forms are out from 16 October,2019 till 15 May,2019. The exam will be conducted on 26 May,2019 in offline mode.
What is the fee structure of LAST
Their are various colleges that take admission through LSAT. I am attaching a link that will give you the details of the participating institute and when you'll click on any of them you'll get to know the fee structure of respecting colleges following under LSAT 2019.
However, if you want to know the application fee then it is Rs 3, 800 for all (General/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female). Application form is out and will remain available till May, 15 2019. Here, is the link of apply: https://law.careers360.com/articles/lsat-india-application-form
Can u suggest any books for LSAT exam.
here is list of recommended books for LSAT 2019 exam
- LSAT: Law School Admission Test (Barron’s Lsat Law School Admission Test (Book Only))
- LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible Paperback by David M. Killoran
- LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible Paperback – Import by David M. Killoran
- 10 Real LSAT Grouped by Question Type (Manhattan Prep LSAT Strategy Guides) Paperback
- Kaplan LSAT Premier 2016-2017 With Real Practice Questions: Book + Online (English, Paperback, Kaplan)
- The LSAT Trainer: A Remarkable Self-Study System for the Self-Driven Student
- Atlas LSAT Practice Book (Paperback)
- Cracking the LSAT
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU !
ALL THE BEST !