Stay up-to date with PU LLB Entrance News
About PU LLB Entrance 2024
Panjab University commenced PU LLB counselling from August 4, 2023 for general category and from August 5, 2023 for reserved category. Earlier the university had released the PU LLB 2023 result in online mode on June 22, 2023. The entrance exam for PU LLB 2023 was conducted on June 4, 2023. The university had released the PU LLB application form 2023 in online mode on April 18, 2023. Interested candidates could fill their PU LLB 2023 application form till May 21, 2023. PU LLB 2023 is the university-level law entrance exam for admission to 3 year LLB programme offered by PU Chandigarh and its regional centres. The university has announced PU LLB 2023 exam date, application form date soon on Its official website - pglaw.puchd.ac.in. Candidates can check here for the complete details related to PU LLB exam 2023, syllabus, question papers, exam pattern, admit card, answer key, result, etc.
PU LLB entrance exam 2023: Test structure
According to the PU LLB exam pattern, there will be around 100 multiple-choice questions. Each question will carry one mark, and there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer. As per the PU LLB entrance exam syllabus, questions in the entrance exam will be asked from the following topics.
- General knowledge and current affairs
- Logical reasoning
- English language
- Legal aptitude and knowledge
For more details, read - PU LLB entrance exam syllabus 2023
PU PG Law entrance test - Admission process
Candidates planning to take admission to the 3-year LLB programme offered by the university must be aware of its admission process. The final merit for admission shall be computed after taking into account the relative weightage for final merit for admission in respective courses. The entrance test of PU LLB 2023 carries 50% weightage in the selection process. The remaining 50% weightage is borne by the marks scored by the candidate in the qualifying exam.
Colleges accepting PU LLB scores
On the basis of an aspirant’s performance in PU LLB entrance exam, he/she is offered admission to fill seats in the below-mentioned departments:
Department of Laws, PU, Chandigarh
Panjab University Regional Centre, Muktsar (Punjab)
UIL, Panjab University Regional Centre, Ludhiana (Punjab)
University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur
PU LLB Entrance 2024 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Panjab University LLB Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||PU LLB Entrance|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Languages||English, Hindi +1 More|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2175 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Number of Seats||480 Seats|
The PU PG Law entrance exam eligibility criteria refers to minimum requirements that applicants must fulfill in order to appear in the exam. The PU LLB 2023 eligibility criteria include information related to qualifying exam, minimum marks in the qualifying exam, and age limit.
PU LLB eligibility criteria 2023
- Educational qualification : Candidates should have a graduate or postgraduate degree from Panjab University or any other University recognized by the Bar Council of India and Panjab University. Appearing candidates can also apply for the PU LLB 2023 exam. The only condition they need to fulfill is to obtain the certificate of the qualifying exam before appearing in counselling.
- Minimum marks : The applicant should have passed the qualifying exam with at least 45% aggregate marks. A relaxation of 5% in minimum marks is extended to reserved category candidates.
- Age limit : There is no upper age limit.
Eligibility for admission
Panjab University gives admission to those candidates who satisfy the following conditions;
1. Candidate must fulfil the eligibility criteria given above.
2. Candidate must appear and clear the PU LLB entrance test.
3. Candidate must have a valid score in graduation.
The admission merit list is prepared by giving 50% weightage to the entrance exam and 50% to the marks scored in the qualifying exam.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Other
Panjab University had released the application form of PU LLB in online mode, on April 18, 2023. Candidates could fill the application form by providing details such as personal information, communication details, educational qualification and submit the application fee. The detailed application process is given below.
How to fill PU LLB application form 2023?
- Online registration - Candidates should complete the registration process before filling the application form. Candidates will have to enter name, email id and mobile number along with details to complete the registration process.
- Filling of the application form - Once the registration process is complete, candidates can proceed further to fill the application form entering their personal details, academic details, communication details, etc. Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam may select the educational qualification status as appearing.
- Uploading of documents: In the next step, candidates will have to upload a recent passport size photo and signature as per the instructions given in the application form.
- Submit application fee - Candidates will have to pay the application fee in online mode using a credit card, net banking or debit card. The application fee is Rs 2175 for general category candidates. For SC and ST categories, the application fee is Rs. 1088.
- Submission of form: Cross-check all the information entered and submit the form to complete the application process. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form for future references.
|ST, SC||Online||Female, Male||₹ 1088|
|General||Online||Female, Male||₹ 2175|
|OBC, General, EWS||PWD||Online||Female, Male||₹ 1088|
Current affairs and general knowledge
Reasoning ability and knowledge of English
The exam pattern of PU LLB 2023 will help the candidates to understand the various exam modalities such as mode of exam, duration, marking scheme, type of questions, and other such details which can make preparation streamlined.
PU LLB 2023 exam pattern
Offline, OMR sheet based
English, Hindi and Punjabi
Type of questions
Multiple choice type
Number of questions
100 each carrying one mark
0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer
The university had released the PU LLB 2023 admit card on May 31, 2023. The admit card mentions important details such as candidate’s name, roll number, examination centre name, date and time of PU LLB entrance exam, and reporting time. Candidates must carry the admit card to their examination centre along with the valid ID proof.
How to download PU LLB admit card?
- Click on the admit card download link
- Log-in by entering user ID and password
- PU LLB admit card will be displayed on screen
- Download and take a printout for future references.
PU LLB Entrance 2024 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid identity proof (voter identity card/Aadhaar card/PAN card/driving license/identity card issued by a recognised college)
The university had released the PU LLB 2023 answer key on June 9, 2023. Candidates who will appear in the PU LLB exam can calculate their scores with the help of the answer key. Candidates will get an idea about the probability of admission to the university. Candidates can also refer to the previous year's cutoff to ascertain their chances of admission.
In any case, if any candidate finds discrepancies in the provisional answer key they can file their grievances to the exam conducting body. Authorities will then go through all the grievances before publishing the final answer key.
The exam authorities have released the PU LLB 2023 result on June 22, 2023. The results of the PU LLB 2023 exam includes details like the name and roll number of the candidate, sectional and overall scores, rank, and the provisional qualifying status.
Note that the PU LLB results will be prepared by giving
- 50% weightage to marks scored in the PU LLB 2023 entrance exam
- 50% weightage to marks obtained in the qualifying exam.
Steps to check PU LLB result 2023?
Visit the official website of PG Law, Panjab University.
Login using the id and password.
Click on ‘Result’
PU LLB result will appear in the new window.
Download and save the result.
Important details mentioned in PU PG law result 2023
Candidates can check the following details on their results.
Rank and qualifying status.
PU LLB merit list 2023
The university released the PU LLB merit list after the declaration of result. The merit list will contain the names of the candidates who will score minimum qualifying marks in the entrance exam. It will also carry the details such as marks obtained by such candidates, their rank, category and related details.
How to check PU LLB result cum merit list?
- Click on the merit list link on the official website of PU PG Law
- Click on the merit list link
- Select the category
- The merit list will be displayed on the screen
The university releases the PU LLB 2023 cutoff after the result declaration. The cutoff informs about the last rank for which the university will offer admission. The university will release separate category-wise cutoffs for each participating college. The PU LLB cutoff will depend on various factors such as number of applicants, the performance of applicants in the entrance exam, sanctioned seat intake and the category of the candidate.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Punjab University will commenced the PU LLB 2023 in offline mode from August 4, 2023. Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be eligible to participate in the counselling process and have to attend the counselling venue in person as per the given schedule. The counselling process includes steps such as registration, document verification, seat allotment, etc. The seat allotment will be based on the merit rank of the candidate. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of following criteria, in case of ties
- A candidate getting higher percentage of marks in qualifying examination (Bachelors degree) shall rank higher in order of merit.
- If the marks, as mentioned in (i) are also the same then the candidate obtaining higher percentage of marks in the immediate lower exam shall rank higher in order of merit.
- If two or more candidates secure equal marks in (i) and (ii) above, candidate senior in age shall rank higher in order of merit.
PU LLB Entrance 2024 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- PU LLB score card
- Date of birth certificate or high school mark sheet with date of birth
- Marksheet/certificate of Class 10 and 12 examination
- Character certificate
- SC/ST/OBC categories must bring the caste/community certificate issued by the competent authority
- Medical certificate for physically challenged candidates
- Aadhaar card/passport/PAN card/voter ID card /driving license /any other photo id card issued by the statutory authorities with affixed photograph
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:What is the mode of PU LLB entrance test? What type of questions are asked in the examination?
The PU LLB entrance test is conducted in offline mode. There will be multiple choice type question in the test.
Question:What is PU LLB application fee for ST candidates?
The application fee is Rs. 2,395 for the general category, while the application fee for SC/ST/ PwD is Rs. 1,198
Question:What are the various courses offered through PU LLB 2023 exam?
PU LLB 2023 exam scores will be used for admission to 3-year LLB program offered by participating colleges.
Question:How many seats are offered through PU LLB entrance test?
The Punjab University and its law centre offer a total of 480 seats through PU LLB entrance test.
Question:When will PU LLB 2023 be conducted?
The PU LLB entrance test was conducted on June 4, 2023
Questions related to PU LLB Entrance
Is councelling for admission in Law college at Panjab University still happening?
Hope you are doing well, here's your answer.
No, Panjab University has commenced the PU BA LLB counselling on October 16.
For further information, click on the link given below:-
Hope this will help you.
If i got 62 marks in pu llb entrance and 60% in graduation .. Can i get admission in pu campus Chandigarh..
Thank you for contacting us. If you have roughly 60-65 percent in your 12th boards, you can apply for BA LLB at Punjab University Chandigarh, while the eligibility condition for masters is 45 percent in your UG. The deadline to register for the entrance exam is June 13, 2020. The exam format is as follows:
1 hour and 30 minutes in length
The exam will be held on June 27, 2020.
There are a total of 480 seats available.
when b.com llb will be conducted by pu?
Panjab University Law Entrance Test 2021 for B.Com LLB is administered to provide admission in the Integrated Law course of 5 years in all the Punjab University affiliated colleges. Candidates must have to pass their Class 12th to apply for B.Com LLB(Hons.) 2021. There is no official notification announced yet by the authorities about the admission for the course in 2021. Admission forms for PU B.Com LLB 2021 is likely to be released in the last week of September 2021 (tentative) and the displaying of Tentative Merit List can be on the third week of October 2021. For further informations keep checking the official university website.
Hope this helps,
All the Best!!
What is the Syllabus of PU LLB exam?
PU LLB is the Punjab University exam . Exam conducted will contain the following topics that are general knowledge and current affairs, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning ability and English. This paper will be of 90 minutes with total of 100 marks.
For more information you can go to the link given below.
I hope your question has been answered properly.
All the best for your future!