About PU LLB Entrance 2021
Panjab University conducts PU LLB entrance test for admissions to 3-year LLB programmes. The online registration for PU LLB 2021 will start from around the fourth week of April in online mode. The university conducts PU LLB admission test in offline, pen and paper mode. As per the eligibility criteria of PU LLB 2021, the candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to appear in the entrance test. Candidates who are in the final year of graduation may also appear in PU LLB test.
The test paper of PU LLB 2021 will have 100 objective type questions to be asked from topics such as general knowledge and current affairs, logical reasoning, English language and legal aptitude and knowledge. The test is conducted in Hindi, English and Punjabi languages.
PU LLB entrance test - Admission process
Candidates who want to take admission in LLB programme offered by the university must be aware of its admission process. The PU LLB 2021 section process goes beyond the screening test as it also considers the candidate's performance in the qualifying examination.
The entrance test of PU LLB 2021 carries 50% weightage in the selection process. The remaining 50% weightage is borne by the marks scored by the candidate in the qualifying exam.
PU LLB Entrance 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Panjab University LLB Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||PU LLB Entrance|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Languages||English, Hindi +1 More|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2175 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Number of Seats||480 Seats|
The minimum conditions that candidates have to fulfil in order to be considered for admissions to the 3-year L.L.B programme is outlined in PU LLB 2021 eligibility criteria. As per PU LLB 2021 eligibility criteria, the candidate has to meet eligibility criteria pertaining to qualifying exam, minimum marks in the qualifying exam, and age limit.
PU LLB eligibility criteria 2021
- Educational qualification: The candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute. However, candidates who are in the final year of their Graduation may also apply. Such candidates will need to prove their qualification at the time of counselling and admission process.
- Minimum marks: The applicant should have passed the qualifying exam scoring at least 45% aggregate marks. Relaxation of 5% in minimum marks is extended to reserved category candidates.
- Age limit: There is no upper age limit.
Eligibility for admission
Panjab University gives admission to those candidates who satisfy the following conditions;
1. Candidate must fulfil the eligibility criteria given above.
2. Candidate must appear and clear the PU LLB entrance test.
3. Candidate must have a valid score in graduation.
The admission merit list is prepared by giving 50% weightage to entrance exam and 50% to the marks scored in the qualifying exam.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Other
Panjab University will release the application form of PU LLB around in the first week of May 2021. The PU LLB 2021 application form will be available in online mode and at the official PG admission portal of the university. Eligible candidates may fill the application form by registering at the PU PG Law portal. To fill the application form of PU LLB, candidates will need to provide details such as personal information, communication details, educational qualification and submit the application fee. The detailed application process is given below.
How to fill PU LLB application form 2021?
- Online registration - The candidate will have to enter name, valid email id and mobile number among other details to get registered successfully and to create applicant account.
- Filling of the application form - The PU LLB 2021 application form will have various sections like personal, academic and communication. Candidates will have to enter all the details correctly. Those appearing in the qualifying exam may select the educational qualification status as appearing.
- Uploading of documents: In the next step,. candidates will have to upload a recent passport size photo and signature as per the instructions given in the application form.
- Submit application fee - Candidates will have to pay the application fee in online mode using a credit card, net banking or debit card. The application fee is Rs 2175 for general category candidates. For SC and ST category, the application fee is Rs. 1088.
- Submission of form: Submit the form to complete the application process. Candidates are advised to take a print out of the application form for future references.
|General, OBC||Offline||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 2175|
|SC, ST||Offline||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 1088|
|SC, General, OBC, ST||PWD||Offline||Female, Male||₹ 1088|
PU LLB Entrance 2021 Syllabus
Current affairs and general knowledge
Reasoning ability and knowledge of English
Candidates by consulting the exam pattern of PU LLB 2021 will know what types of questions will be asked, the marking scheme, mode and duration of the exam, and other such details which can make preparation streamlined.
PU LLB 2021 exam pattern
Offline, OMR sheet based
English, Hindi and Punjabi
Type of questions
Multiple choice type
Number of questions
100 each carrying one mark
0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer
The university will release the PU LLB 2021 admit card a few weeks before the examination. The admit card of PU LLB entrance is an important document as it informs about the roll number and exam centre address allotted to the candidate. Also, it is mandatory to carry the PU LLB admit card for appearing in the entrance exam, the admit card will carry other details like the name and roll number, date and time of the exam, and venue details.
How to download PU LLB admit card?
- Click on the admit card download link
- Log-in by entering user ID and password
- PU LLB admit card will be displayed on screen
- Download and take a printout for future references.
PU LLB Entrance 2021 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid identity proof (voter identity card/Aadhaar card/PAN card/driving license/identity card issued by a recognised college)
Punjab University will release the provisional answer key of PU LLB 2021 soon after conclusion of the exam. The PU LLB 2021 answer key will contain the answers to questions asked in the entrance exam. The candidate can compare their answers to those given in the answer key to calculate probable score and subsequently their chances of admission. The cutoff details of previous years' can be used for the purpose.
Any candidate who has any grievances against the PU LLB 2021 provisional answer key can file their complaints with the exam conducting body. Authorities will then go through all the grievances before publishing the final answer key of PU LLB 2021.
Exam officials will release the result of PU LLB 2021 in the form of merit list. The tentative merit list will be released on October 30 meanwhile the final/provisional merit list will be released on November 2. The PU LLB merit list will contain the details such as the name of candidates, application number and their marks in the qualifying exam. PU LLB merit list 2021 would be used for counselling and seat allotment purpose.
How to check PU LLB result cum merit list
- Click on the merit list link on the official website of PU PG Law
- Click on the merit list link
- Select the category
- The merit list will be displayed on the screen
PU LLB Entrance 2021 Cutoff
Panjab University will release the cut-off of PU LLB 2021 after the declaration of results and will be indicative of the last rank for which admission is offered. The PU LLB cut off 2021 will be category-specific and will be released separately for all the four participating colleges. Any candidate who scores (or ranks) below the cutoff score will typically be out of the race to get admission.
There are a number of factors on which PU LLB cutoff would depend including, the number of applicants, the performance of applicants in the entrance exam, sanctioned seat intake and the category of the candidate. If any of the variables changes, the cutoff would also change.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
The counselling schedule for PU LLB 2021 will be conducted post declaration of result and will be open to such candidates who have qualified in the pen-and-paper based exam. The PU LLB 2021 counselling will be conducted in offline mode, with the allotment of seats to be done as per the merit rank of the candidate and choices opted for admission. Consequently, candidates who are ranked higher in the merit list are more likely to be offered a seat or higher preference seat.
Candidates who qualifies for the counselling process will be issued counselling call letters which have to be produced at the time of counselling; so candidates need to download and get a printout of the call letter. Also, document verification is an integral part of the PU LB counselling process, wherein all candidates need to get their documents verified. In case of any discrepancy, the candidacy of the candidate may be cancelled.
PU LLB Entrance 2021 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- PU LLB score card
- Date of birth certificate or high school mark sheet with date of birth
- Marksheet/certificate of Class 10 and 12 examination
- Character certificate
- SC/ST/OBC categories must bring the caste/community certificate issued by the competent authority
- Medical certificate for physically challenged candidates
- Aadhaar card/passport/PAN card/voter ID card /driving license /any other photo id card issued by the statutory authorities with affixed photograph
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: When will PU LLB 2021 be conducted?
The PU LLB entrance test will be held tentatively in the fourth week of June.
Question: How many seats are offered through PU LLB entrance test?
The Panjab University and its law centre offer a total of 480 seats through PU LLB entrance test.
Question: Who can apply for PU LLB 2021?
Any candidate who has completed graduation with minimum qualifying marks is eligible to apply for PU LLB entrance test. The candidate must satisfy PU LLB eligibility criteria prescribed by the university.
Question: When may I apply for PU LLB 2021 entrance test?
You can apply before the end of the last date to register for PU LLB entrance. The application form of PU LLB 2021 will be released around in the fourth week of April.
Question: What is the mode of PU LLB entrance test? What type of questions are asked in the examination?
The PU LLB entrance test is conducted in offline mode. There will be multiple choice type question in the test.
Questions related to PU LLB Entrance
i want to take admission in khalsa college of law.so can u please give me the details of form of khalsa college that i have to fill.
You can check the form and all the details regarding the admission procedure from the official site of Khalsa College of Law.
- Visit the official site of Khalsa College of Law
- Click on the admission tab
- A new page will open where you can find all the details of admission procedure such as documents required, fee structure, contact details etc.
- Also, at the official site you will find the admission registration link
- By clicking on it you will be able to see and fill the admission registration form
Hope it helps!
Today i received a mail from Panjab University ( LLB) regarding online admission form. I have filled the form and posted all documents for my entrance test 2020 ( 3-Year LLB). I posted through Indian post to University. Is there any other procedure remain before entrance test?
Hy !! I Shruti here from Haridwar can u tell me from where u prepare for Pu LLB 3 year entrance
kindly tell me scholarship for scheduled cast candidates
The scholarship for Scheduled cast differs on the basis of course and institute in which you enroll yourself. Following are few scholarship provided to SC students:
- Pre-matric scholarship for SC
- Post-matric scholarship for SC
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
- National Overseas Scholarship for SC
If i scored 60 marks in pu llb entrance and my graduation marks is 65%. Is there is any chances for pu chd. Bcz there 50:50 criteria.
Hello Aspirant ,
Thanks for the question, It is the 50-50 % weightage.
It's good that you want to pursue law as your career.
To pursue three year law programme LLB, you need to have a graduation degree and I hope you have that.
Moreover, you also need to score with at least 45% marks in aggregate from a recognized institute or university.
Also, there is 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks for the candidates who belong from SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates.
For more details, you need to refer to the link given below.
If you need more details click the link below:
Yes, You have a chance for your pu chd.
I hope this information will help for you.
I logged into my PU application account and clicked on pay fee option, after a minute a messaged popped up - this page cant open. So, I again logged in, now it is showing - cant pay the fee, fee payment has already been initiated. What do I do? Pls help
As we know that Punjab University has released the application form for PU LLB on May 1st and the deadline is July 6th so you have to complete your application as soon as possible.
The problem you are facing is due to some technical issues or there might some network issue. What you have to do is just follow the steps given below :-
- First of all ensure that you must have stable internet connection.
- Clear your browsing history/cached data and close your Browser, than again open it.
- Now again login using your credentials in the portal of application.
If this issue still remains with you than you should contact to the helpdesk of Punjab University because there might be website error which can only be resolved by respective authority.
For more details about PU LLB you should refer to the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.