Law School Admission Test for India for LLM (LSAT India PG)
About LSAT India PG 2020
LSAT India PG 2020 is a law entrance test conducted by Pearson VUE for admission to postgraduate law programs in more than 52 associated law colleges. The LSAT India PG 2020 exam will be an online, computer-based test and will be administered from July 19 onwards, 2020. The exam will be conducted in remote proctored mode. The application form of LSAT India PG 2020 has commenced on December 6, 2019. An interesting aspect of the exam is it doesn't prescribe any eligibility criteria; instead, LSAT India PG applicants need to refer to the eligibility criteria prescribed by the associated he/she is applying for admission to.
LSAT India PG seeks to test candidates' logical and reasoning aptitude and critical thinking skills which are crucial in the study and practice of law. The paper does not aim to test candidates' grammatical and mathematical aptitude. Instead, the test assesses the test takers' critical thinking skills which are crucial to the study and practice of law. The question paper of LSAT India PG 2020, also known as Law School Admission Test for L.L.M. programme 2020, will be MCQ-type and include questions from four sections.
Candidates taking the test get their scores in percentile form on the basis of which their admissions to the programme is decided. Once results of LSAT India PG are declared, exam officials will share the result with the associated colleges, who will use these scores for preparing merit list and seat allotment.
LSAT India PG 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Law School Admission Test for India for LLM|
|Short Exam Name||LSAT India PG|
|Conducting Body||Law School Admission Council|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3800 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 18 Minutes|
LSAT India PG 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
19 Jul, 2020
Exam | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
06 Dec, 2019 - 05 Jul, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
On behalf of Law School Admission Council, USA, Pearson VUE will conduct LSAT India PG 2020 exam. However, Pearson VUE doesn't prescribe any eligibility criteria for the exam, instead asking candidates to check with the institute (LSAT India PG participating law school) they intend to apply to.
Basic PG Eligibility Criteria 2020
Educational Qualifications - The candidate should have an L.L.B degree from a recognized law university in India complying with norms of the Bar Council of India. Minimum passing percentages vary according to different law colleges, and therefore, the candidate will have to contact universities personally to know the minimum passing percentage.
Age requirements - There is no upper age limit for appearing in the exam.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Credit Card | Debit Card
Exam officials has released LSAT India PG application form 2020 in online mode on December 6, 2019. Desirous candidates need to duly fill and submit the LSAT India PG 2020 application form by July 5. The mode of fee payment against the application form is also online. Candidates can refer to the steps below to fill the LSAT India PG Application Form 2020.
How to Fill LSAT India PG 2020 Application Form
- Click on the registration link to access the registration form.
- Enter your email id, password and other details to create an applicant account
- A verification will be sent to registered email Id. Click on the link to activate the account
- Revisit the application form window to start filling LSAT PG India application form 2020.
Entering Important Details
Candidates need to enter the following details in the application form.
- Personal information like name, gender, DOB, nationality, etc.
- Contact information, including email ID and phone number
- Preference of Programme, test centre, and law schools of their choice
- Educational qualifications like marks obtained in high school and senior secondary level exams and graduation degree.
- Additional information like father’s and mother’s names, occupations, contact information and so on.
- Terms and Conditions check boxes which are to be ticked. Then click on submit application.
Payment of fee
- In this step, the candidate has to pay the application fee of Rs. 3800 using debit/credit card/net banking.
|SC, General, OBC, ST||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 3800|
LSAT India PG 2020 Syllabus
LSAT India PG 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the below mentioned LSAT India PG 2020 preparation tips to get a good score in the exam.
- Familiarize yourself with LSAT India PG 2020 exam pattern. Check out the types of questions asked, duration of the exam, topics covered, weightage of various topics, and marking scheme.
- LSAT India PG 2020, unlike other entrance exams, does not test mathematical and grammatical or general knowledge. Instead it assesses candidates’ critical reasoning aptitude. Candidates should therefore practice previous year's sample papers to have an idea of questions asked and also to strengthen their logical and reasoning abilities.
- One should also take mock test tests and solve] sample papers as part of their preparation.
- Candidates on the basis of the performance in these mock tests will be able to chart out a time management strategy to be adopted in the exam. This will also mentally prepare them for what awaits in the exam.
- Candidates must not leave preparation for Law School Admission Test for L.L.M Programme 2020 for the last moment.
Pearson VUE on behalf of Law School Admission Council has released the exam pattern of LSAT India 2020. In the exam pattern released for the academic session, exam officials have made key changes, for example the test time is now 2 hours 20 minutes; the variable section that was added has now been dropped from the online mode.
LSAT India PG Exam Pattern 2020
Mode of exam
Computer-based test (Online mode) to be proctored remotely using AI technology
Duration of the exam
2 hours 20 minutes
Number of questions
There will be four (4) sections. These include:
Candidates will get 35 minutes to complete each section.
Type of Questions
Each question will have four or five answer options, out of which one will be the right option.
There is no negative marking
Test scores will be scaled between a score band of 420-480. Results will also be available in percentile form
LSAT India PG 2020 Exam Pattern – Weightage
|1.||Analytical reasoning||23||35 mins.|
|2.||Logical reasoning - 1||22||35 mins.|
|3.||Logical reasoning - 2||23||35 mins.|
|4.||Reading Comprehension||24||35 mins.|
2 hours and 20 minutes
On behalf of Law School Admission Council of India, Pearson VUE will release LSAT India PG admit card 2020 admit card. LSAT India PG admit cards will be released online and will carry details like the name and roll number of the candidate, date of birth, namd and address of the allotted LSAT India PG exam centre 2020, and date and time of the exam. Before downloading the admit card, one should thoroughly check the details mentioned on the admit card, for instance, the whether the name is correctly spelled.
How to Download LSAT India PG 2020 Admit Card
- Click on admit card download link.
- Enter registered email id and password.
- On successful log-in, the admit card will be displayed on screen.
- Check that the details mentioned on it are correct and legible
- If satisfied, download and take a printout of the admit card.
Note: Keep the admit card safe even after the conclusion of the exam, as it will be required for subsequent admission processes.
LSAT India PG 2020 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Valid ID proof
- Admit card
- PAN card/ election card or voter ID/ driving license/passport/ Aadhar card/ E-aadhar card/ UID/ employee ID having photo or sign/ photo identity issued by college or university or school/ SC or ST certificate with photo
- If not any of the above, military or military dependent ID having candidate's photo/ any two of the following - 12th class admit card issued by the board or school ID card or tenth class mark sheet or certificate having DOB and photo
- HB pencils, erasers and sharpeners
Results of LSAT India PG will be announced in online mode, which will be displayed in percentile form. The result would also include the qualifying status of the candidate.
How to Check LSAT India PG 2020 Result
- Click on the result link.
- Enter login id and password
- Next click on "Result"
- The result of LSAT India PG 2020 will be displayed on screen.
Questions related to LSAT India PG
what types of questions will the variable section would include?
This is the first time when LSAT is going to conduct with variable section. This decision has been taken by LSAC, this section will be of 35 minutes and will consist of can by arguments, gaming or reading comprehension type 23 questions.
For more details about LSAT 2020 new exam pattern you should read this article .
I hope this information helps you.
i am pursuing my bba llb degree and right now i am in final year final semester is i am eligible to fill form right now for lsat exam 2020 ?
Hello dear student,
if you want to go to Australia for further higher studies then definitely you can appear in this exam as the full form of ISAT is international student admission test 3 hour computer based multiple choice test designed assess a candidates intellectual skills and abilities that are the foundation of academic success at tertiary level. This test is developed by Australian council for educational research. while for you for the information I am here attaching a link from where you can get the for the information about international student admission test and I hope that will be helpful for you. https://isat.acer.org/aboabout-isat
Form filling date of this exam
The application mode is online. The forms are out from 16 October,2019 till 15 May,2019. The exam will be conducted on 26 May,2019 in offline mode.
What is the fee structure of LAST
Their are various colleges that take admission through LSAT. I am attaching a link that will give you the details of the participating institute and when you'll click on any of them you'll get to know the fee structure of respecting colleges following under LSAT 2019.
However, if you want to know the application fee then it is Rs 3, 800 for all (General/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female). Application form is out and will remain available till May, 15 2019. Here, is the link of apply: https://law.careers360.com/articles/lsat-india-application-form
Can u suggest any books for LSAT exam.
here is list of recommended books for LSAT 2019 exam
- LSAT: Law School Admission Test (Barron’s Lsat Law School Admission Test (Book Only))
- LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible Paperback by David M. Killoran
- LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible Paperback – Import by David M. Killoran
- 10 Real LSAT Grouped by Question Type (Manhattan Prep LSAT Strategy Guides) Paperback
- Kaplan LSAT Premier 2016-2017 With Real Practice Questions: Book + Online (English, Paperback, Kaplan)
- The LSAT Trainer: A Remarkable Self-Study System for the Self-Driven Student
- Atlas LSAT Practice Book (Paperback)
- Cracking the LSAT
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU !
ALL THE BEST !