Latest Update for AIBE
- 03 Feb 2022:
AIBE XVI (16) 2021 result declared, to download - Click here
- 25 Oct 2021:
Candidates can use Bare Acts with short notes/comments during exam; to check updated exam pattern - Click here
- 11 Oct 2021:
AIBE XVI 2021 Exam Date Announced; to be conducted on October 31. To check the full details - Click Here
Stay up-to date with AIBE News
About AIBE 2022
AIBE 2022: The Bar Council of India (BCI) will conduct the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) 2022 tentatively in the month of June or July, 2022. AIBE 2022 (XVII) will be conducted in offline, pen and paper format. There will be a total of 100 objective type questions, asked from various subjects of the LLB programme. The AIBE XVII (17) application form 2022 will be released around May, in online mode, at the official website of the council - allindiabarexamination.com. As per AIBE XVII (17) 2022 eligibility criteria, the candidate appearing in the exam must have completed 3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB degree programme and must be registered with respective Bar Councils to appear in the exam.
AIBE Latest News: Person with other jobs can be provisionally enrolled with Bar Council for six months: SC
AIBE 2022 test structure
Changing the AIBE exam pattern last year, the BCI announced that the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) 2022 will no longer be an open book examination. Therefore, AIBE 2022 will be a closed book examination and books, notes, and study material will not be allowed inside the exam hall. However, bare acts without comments will be allowed to take inside the exam hall. AIBE 2022 will be a 3 hour 30 minute long exam with 100 multiple-choice questions.
What is AIBE exam?
The All India Bar Examination or, AIBE Examination is a certification based examination, conducted by the Bar Council of India (BCI). AIBE is conducted twice a year. The exam is attended by LLB graduates seeking a Certificate of Practice (CoP) from the BCI. As per the Bar Council Rules, an LLB graduate from the academic year 2009 – 2010 onwards who wish to pursue law in India is required to pass the All India Bar Examination.
AIBE XVI (16) 2021 result
The Bar Council of India declared the AIBE XVI (16) 2021 results on February 03, 2022. Further, the revised result has also been announced on February 23, 2022. Candidates securing at least 38 marks (33 marks in the case of SC and ST candidates) are considered to have passed the examination. The candidates who have been declared "pass" in the AIBE exam get the CoP soon.
AIBE 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||All India Bar Examination|
|Short Exam Name||AIBE|
|Conducting Body||Bar Council of India|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Languages||Assamese, Bengali +9 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3560 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
The Bar Council of India (BCI) is entrusted with the responsibility of framing the AIBE 2022 eligibility criteria that candidates need to satisfy in order to appear in the qualification exam. Any candidate who doesn't meet the eligibility criteria but still registers for AIBE XVII, such candidate can be disqualified at any stage of the certification process.
AIBE XVII 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Academic qualification : The candidate needs to have done graduation in law: either 3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB.
- Bar Council Registration : The candidate must get registered with their respective bar councils.
- Age criteria : There is no age limit for appearing in AIBE Exam XVII (17) 2022.
Any candidate who meets the above AIBE eligibility criteria 2022 can take the exam to earn the COP certificate.
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Demand Draft | Bank Challan
The BCI will release the AIBE application form XVII 2022 in online mode, at allindiabarexamination.com. Candidates who meet the prescribed AIBE eligibility criteria need to duly fill the application form of AIBE 2022 and submit it by the last date as specified by the council. When filling out the AIBE XVII application form one needs to use only genuine and verifiable information or else the candidate will be disqualified.
How to fill AIBE application form XVII (17) 2022:
- Registration: The candidate will have to first get registered by entering their enrolment number, date, and year of enrolment.
- Fill in the form: In this step personal, education and enrolment have to be entered. In the education and enrolment section, the candidate has to enter the name of the college from which the LLB degree is earned, year of admission and year of passing out, duration of the course, graduation stream, enrolment number, state with code, and year of enrolment.
- Uploading of documents: Scanned copies of signature and photograph have to be uploaded in the prescribed specification (size 10-50 kb). A self-Attested enrolment certificate and photo id should also be uploaded. The allowed format is jpg/jpeg.
- Select test language and exam centre: The AIBE 2022 exam will be administered in 11 languages.
Test languages: Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu
- Payment of test fee: The candidate will next have to pay the application fee in offline mode using an SBI bank challan (which have to be downloaded from the online application portal) at a nearby SBI bank branch.
- Uploading of challan info: The candidate will have to upload fee payment details like bank code, journal number, etc. to complete the application process.
|SC, ST||Offline||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 2560|
|General, OBC||Offline||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 3560|
I.P.C (Indian penal code)
Cr.P.C (criminal procedure code)
C.P.C (code of civil procedure)
Alternative dispute redressal including arbitration act
Public interest litigation
Professional ethics and cases of professional misconduct under BCI rules
Labour and industrial laws
Law of tort, including motor vehicle act and consumer protection law
Law related to taxation
Law of contract, specific relief, property laws, negotiable instrument act
Land acquisition act
Intellectual property laws
The AIBE 2022 exam will be in offline mode. So candidates who have registered or plan to register for the exam need to put their exam preparation in a higher gear.
- At this stage, you are more or less familiar with the AIBE 2022 XVII (17) exam pattern. But there is a twist in that books and textual material; bare acts are allowed through. So, the candidate now has to work for a plan where they are able to answer questions asked in the exam without having to consult a source. There is no doubt that one will have to work and depend on their memory power among other things to ace the exam this year.
- Being conversant with the marking scheme, the structure of questions asked, weightage carried by various sections will help to get more out of one's preparation.
- Don't go beyond the AIBE syllabus of 2022, because questions will be drafted from the official syllabus only.
- Candidates are advised to start their preparation well in advance and not leave the syllabus for the last few days. Break down the syllabus in chunks, assign time for each block, and allot time as per the difficulty level of a topic.
- Candidates must go through AIBE sample papers and practice them. They may also take mock tests to get an idea of the exam situation and how to deal with it. Solving sample papers is also an effective preparation strategy. This will mentally prepare the candidate for the exam and he/she will not be caught off-guard easily.
- Complete the syllabus in a way that there is enough time for revision.
Candidates appearing in AIBE XVII (17) 2022 should be familiar with its exam pattern. The AIBE exam pattern informs about the test mode, language, question numbers, types as well as marking scheme. Having prior information on AIBE XVII (17) exam pattern would help the candidates prepare well for the examination. The details of the exam pattern are given below.
AIBE 2022 Exam Pattern XVII (17) 2022
|Mode of exam||The exam will be conducted in OFFLINE mode. However:|
|Question type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each question will have four answer options, out of which, one will be the true answer. |
|Total number of questions||100|
|Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.|
There is no negative marking.
Practising AIBE mock tests, or previous year papers is an important part of preparation. Candidates should solve all the AIBE last year question papers and sample papers to understand the test difficulty and type of questions asked in the examination.
The previous year papers of AIBE XVII (17) 2022 will also help the candidates in testing their level of preparation. The direct link to download the AIBE previous year papers is given below.
To visit AIBE sample paper store - Click here
The Bar Council of India (BCI) will release the AIBE admit card XVII (17) 2022 a few days before the examination. To download the admit card, the candidate needs to visit the official website allindiabarexamination.com.
An important document for sitting in the AIBE exam 2022, the admit card carries vital details like the date and time of the exam, AIBE exam centre 2022 allotted to the candidate and exam-day guidelines. Note that this session, the AIBE exam will no longer be an open-book exam, as candidates can't take books and textual material inside the exam hall; the only exception is bare acts which are allowed.
How to download AIBE admit card XVII (17) 2022?
- Visit the official website of AIBE (17) 2022
- Click on the official download link.
- The candidate will be redirected to a log-in window
- You have to enter your registration number and DOB
- On successful login, AIBE admit card will be displayed in downloadable pdf format.
- Download and take a printout of the AIBE 2022 admit card.
Details mentioned on the AIBE admit card 2022
- Candidate's name
- Roll number and application number
- Name and address of AIBE XVII (17) exam centre.
- AIBE 2022 exam date and timings
- Reporting time
- Exam-day guidelines (including COVID-safety protocols to be followed)
I have difficulty in downloading the AIBE 2022 admit card. What should I do?
In such a scenario, the candidate needs to get in touch with exam officials at the below numbers/email ids at the earliest.
Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone numbers :
AIBE 2022 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid photo identity card
The Bar Council of India (BCI) will release the provisional AIBE answer key 2022 a few days after the examination. Candidates will have to use roll number/registration number and date of birth to check the AIBE XVII (17) result 2022. Candidates who have qualified according to the revised answer key result will earn the COP certificate.
The AIBE answer key will have answers to all 100 multiple choice questions asked in the exam.
How to download AIBE 2022 XVII (17) answer key
- Click on the answer key download link.
- The candidate will be redirected to a page where the answer key would be displayed in downloadable pdf format.
Kindly Click here for revised answer key (AIBE-XVI)
Kindly Click here for Answer Key (AIBE-XVI)
Kindly Click here for Question Paper Set Code-A (AIBE-XVI)
Kindly Click here for Question Paper Set Code-B (AIBE-XVI)
Kindly Click here for Question Paper Set Code-C (AIBE-XVI)
Kindly Click here for Question Paper Set Code-D (AIBE-XVI) "
AIBE 2022 Exam Analysis
The All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is a moderately difficult examination. By putting the AIBE exam as a final level of assessment after LLB seeks to set a standard for legal practice in the country. The AIBE XVII (17) 2022 will assess skills at a basic level. The questions in the AIBE exam are framed to test candidates’ analytical abilities and understanding of basic knowledge of law.
Some of the important topics for AIBE (XVII) 2022 are mentioned below.
- Civil Procedure Code, 1908
- Mechanism of PILs
- Specific Relief Act 1963
- Indian Evidence Act
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Cyber Law
- Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- Companies act, 2013
- Income Tax Act
- Arbitration and Conciliation Act
- Indian Constitution and important Articles
- Rules and procedure of the Supreme Court, High Court, Bar Council
The BCI will declare the result of AIBE XVII 2022 in online mode. Candidates who qualify in the AIBE 2022 exam will be issued a Certificate of Practice (COP), which is a permit to practice law in courts in India. simply as pass or fail; no scores are released. If a candidate fails to qualify in the AIBE 2022, they can make further attempts as there is no age limit.
How to download result of AIBE (XVII) 2022?
- Click on the result link.
- Fill in roll number and date of birth.
- On successful log-in, the result of AIBE XVI will be displayed on-screen.
- Download the result.
Candidates who have objections against their result status can submit the rechecking request to the BCI. The council will accept all rechecking requests in online and offline mode, and after reviewing all objections, it will declare a revised result.
The Bar Council of India has prescribed the cut off for AIBE in the form of minimum qualifying marks. All candidates securing a score equivalent to or above the passing marks will be declared "Pass" in the examination. The AIBE cut offs 2022 are mentioned below.
AIBE XVII (17) cut-offs 2022
Minimum qualifying percentage
Qualifying marks (Out of 100)
Candidates who are having disabilities declared by appropriate authority
5% less than general category cut off
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Who can appear in AIBE XVII (17) 2022?
As per the eligibility criteria, the candidate must be a law graduate and has completed his graduation after 2010.
Question:How can I apply for AIBE XVII (17) 2022?
The application form for AIBE will be released tentatively in March. You can apply in online mode by visiting the AIBE application form portal.
Question:What type of questions will asked in AIBE 2022?
The questions in the exam were be asked from a given AIBE syllabus and had various topics of law.
Question:How many questions are asked in AIBE, will there be any negative marking?
The AIBE 2022 question paper will have a total of 100 multiple choice questions, each of one mark. There was no negative marking.
Question:Can I carry my study material inside the AIBE exam hall?
Yes, AIBE is no longer an open book exam, so you cannot carry the study material like books, copies inside the hall. However one can carry Bare acts with them.
Question:When will the AIBE admit card 2022 be released?
The admit card of AIBE XVI 2021 will be released a few days before the examination. Candidates will be able to download the admit card by logging into the examination portal.
Questions related to AIBE
registration form aibe 2022gistration form aibe 2022
Bar Council of India (BCI) will release the AIBE XVII (17) 2022 application form tentatively in the third week of May. The officials have not yet released the exact dates for the release of the registration. Keep an eye on the official website or the link below for the latest information. The application form of AIBE 2022 will be released online, at allindiabarexamination.com. AIBE registration fee 2022 will be Rs 3,250 for general/unreserved category candidates. For SC and ST candidates, the registration fee of AIBE (17) 2022 will be Rs 2,500.
Hi how you could say that AIBE registration shall start from third week of may and exam shall conduct on june?? Because AIBE official website has no update regarding this?
Tes you are right that there is no any update on official website regarding AIBE XVII 2022 examination but we give you the tentative dates as per the schedule trend of last few years. So it can vary depending upon current circumstances.
However as per the tentative schedule it is expected to be commence in the month of June or July 2022.
You can keep checking either the official website or the link given below for all latest updates and complete detailed information :-
I hope this information helps you.
i need aibe model paper for practice
Hope you are doing absolutely great.
So with regard to your query, All India Bar Examination is conducted every year after completion of the LLB course. So the sample papers are available online. Practicing them will definitely help you to score better marks in the exam. I'm providing you the link so that you can download them easily. The link is as follows: https://law.careers360.com/download/aibe-sample-papers-previous-years
Hope it helps,
Who are eligible to appear AIBE examination to become a all India Bar Examination?
Hope you are doing good.
Before applying for the law certification exam, candidates should review the AIBE XVII (17) 2022 eligibility criteria.
Candidates applying for AIBE XVII (17) must have completed a 3-year or 5-year LLB program from a BCI-accredited institute.
Candidates must have completed their degree program after July 1, 2012.
Candidates applying for the AIBE XVII (17) 2022 exam must be members of their respective State Bar Councils and hold an Advocate Card.
There are no minimum marks or age requirements to take the AIBE XVII (17) examination.
Candidates must pass the AIBE examination within two years of completing their graduation. If a candidate is unable to pass the examination within two years of graduation, he or she must re-register/enroll with the state bar council in order to take the AIBE examination.
For more information, Visit https://law.careers360.com/articles/aibe-eligibility-criteria
Hope this information helps you...
All the best.
I have already been passed LLB in the year 1996 from Utkal University odisha State I am also asking that is it mandatory to appear forthcoming AIBE 2022 or 2023 I appreciate if you send reply as soon as possible for which act of kindness I shall remain grateful to you
Yes, if you are registered with the state bar council, you can practice law before clearing AIBE . However, in such a case, you will have to clear AIBE within two years from the date of registration at the state bar council. Since you have mentioned that you have cleared LLB in 1996, then it is not compulsory for you to give AIBE.
In the State Bar Council Meeting, the Bar Council passed a resolution that the "Right to practice" exam, popularly known as AIBE, is no more mandatory for the lawyers registering themselves in any state of the country.
Furthermore, the eligibility criteria to give AIBE Exam is as mentioned below : Candidates should hold 3 years or 5 years LL. B. degree from a BCI recognized law school. One should note that there is no minimum percentage to qualify in the examination in order to register for the AIBE exam.
Further, to know more about the AIBE Exam you can follow the link below to know more about it : https://law.careers360.com/exams/aibe'
I hope that this will help.