About AIBE 2021
The Bar Council of India (BCI) will conduct the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) XVI (16) exam now on April 25 (postponed from March 21). AIBE 2021 will not be an open-book exam, meaning candidates will no longer be allowed to carry books, notes or study material into the exam hall; however, they are still allowed to carry bare acts with them. With the change in AIBE XVI exam pattern, candidates will have to make exam preparation accordingly. The AIBE 2021 be a 3 hour 20 minutes long exam with 100 multiple choice questions. The application form of AIBE XVI 2021 form submission last date has been extended to March 31. As per AIBE 2021 eligibility criteria, the candidate needs to have passed passed a 3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB degree and must be regsistered with respective Bar Councils. Successfully registered candidates will be issued AIbe 2021 admit cards on April 10; the AIBE XVI admit card will carry info like roll number, allotted AIBE exam centre name and address, and exam date and time.
Those who qualify in the AIBE exam will be issued Certificate of Practice (COP), which is an eligibility certificate to practice law in courts in India. Note that AIBE 2021 result would be declared merely as pass (qualified) or fail; no scores will be released. Such candidates who fail to qualify AIBE XVI exam won't be able to practice law in Indian courts. The council will also release answer key of AIBE XVI (16) 2021 containing keys to questions asked in the exam before declaration of results.
The AIBE XV exam was conducted on January 24. The council has also released the AIBE XVI answer key on January 30. The result of AIBE 2020 will be declared around the first week of March at allindiabarexamination.com.
AIBE 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||All India Bar Examination|
|Short Exam Name||AIBE|
|Conducting Body||Bar Council of India|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Languages||Assamese, Bengali +9 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3560 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
AIBE 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
26 Dec, 2020 - 22 Mar, 2021
Application - Registration | Mode: Online Ongoing
26 Dec, 2020 - 26 Mar, 2021
Application - Last date to pay the application fee | Mode: Online Ongoing
26 Dec, 2020 - 31 Mar, 2021
Application | Mode: Online Ongoing
10 Apr, 2021
Admit Card | Mode: Online
25 Apr, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
The Bar Council of India (BCI) is entrusted with responsibility of framing the AIBE 2021 eligibility criteria that candidates need to satisfy in order to appear in the qualification exam. Any candidate who doesn't meet the eligibility criteria but still registers for AIBE XVI, such candidate can be disqualified at any stage of the certification process.
AIBE XVI 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Academic qualification: The candidate needs to have done graduation in law: either 3-year LLB or 5-year integrated LLB.
- Bar Council Registration: The candidate must get registered with their respective bar councils.
- Age criteria: The BCI has no imposed any age limit for taking the qualification exam.
Any candidate who meets the above AIBE eligibility criteria 2021 can take the exam to earn the COP certificate.
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Demand Draft | Bank Challan
The BCI released the AIBE application form XVI 2021 in online mode on December 26 oat at allindiabarexamination.com. Candidates who meet the prescribed AIBE eligibility criteria need to duly fill the application form of AIBE 2021 and submit it before March 31. When filling the AIBE XVI application form one needs to use only genuine and verifiable information or else the candidate will be disqualified.
How to fill AIBE application form 2021 XVI (16):
- Registration: The candidate will have to first get registered by entering their enrolment number, sate, and year of enrolment.
- Fill in the form: In this step personal, education and enrolment have to be entered. In education and enrolment section, the candidate has to enter name of the college from which the LLB degree is earned, year of admission and year of passing out, duration of the course, graduation stream, enrolment number, state with code, and year of enrolment.
- Uploading of documents: Scanned copes of signature and photograph have to be uploaded in the prescribed specification (size 10-50 kb). Self-Attested enrolment certificate and photo id should also be uploaded. The allowed format is jpg/jpeg.
- Select test language and exam centre: The AIBE 2021 exam will be administered in 11 languages.
Test languages: Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu
- Payment of test fee: The candidate will next have to pay the application fee in offline mode using a SBI bank challan (which have to be downloaded from the online application portal) at a nearby SBI bank branch.
- Uploading of challan info: The candidate will have to upload fee payment details like bank code, jornal number, etc. to complete the application process.
|ST, SC||Offline||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 2560|
|OBC, General||Offline||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 3560|
AIBE 2021 Syllabus
I.P.C (Indian penal code)
Cr.P.C (criminal procedure code)
C.P.C (code of civil procedure)
Alternative dispute redressal including arbitration act
Public interest litigation
Professional ethics and cases of professional misconduct under BCI rules
Labour and industrial laws
Law of tort, including motor vehicle act and consumer protection law
Law related to taxation
Law of contract, specific relief, property laws, negotiable instrument act
Land acquisition act
Intellectual property laws
The AIBE 2021 exam will be conducted on April 25. So candidates who have registered or plan to register for the exam need to put their exam preparation on a higher gear.
- At this stage, you are more or less familiar with the AIBE 2021 XVI (16) exam pattern. But there is a twist in that books and
- textual material; bare acts are allowed though. So, the candidate now have to work for a plan where they are able to answer questions asked in the exam without having to consult a source. There is no doubt that one will have to work and depend on their memory power among other things to ace the exam this year.
- Being conversant with the marking scheme, structure of questions asked, weightage carried by various sections will help to get more out of one's preparation.
- Don't go beyond the AIBE syllabus of 2021, because questions will be drafted from the official syllabus only.
- Candidates are advised to start their preparation well in advance and not leave the syllabus for last few days. Break down the syllabus in chunks, assign time for each block , and allot time as per the difficulty level of a topic.
- Candidates must go through AIBE sample papers and practice them. They may also take mock tests to get a idea of exam situation and how to deal with it. Solving sample papers is also an effective preparation strategy. This will mentally prepare the candidate for the exam and he/she will not be caught off-guard easily.
- Complete the syllabus in a way that there is enough time for revision.
Like mentioned above, the BCI has made a major change to the AIBE 2021 exam pattern in that it is no longer an open-book exam. In a notification published at the AIBE official website, the bar council has notified that books, notes or study material will no longer be allowed inside the AIBE XV exam hall. The candidate will however be allowed to carry bare acts with them. Given these changes in the AIBE XVI 2021 exam pattern, the candidate will have to re-structure their AIBE exam preparation strategy as they will no longer be able to consult text books and other textual materials to arrive at an answer (s).
AIBE 2021 Exam Pattern XVI (16) - Changed Made
|Mode of exam||The exam will be conducted in OFFLINE mode. However:|
|Question type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each question will have four answer options, out of which, one will be the true answer.|
|Total number of questions||100|
Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.
There is no negative marking.
The Bar Council of India (BCI) will release the AIBE admit card 2021 XVI (16) in online mode on on April 10; to download the admit card, the candidate needs to visit the official website allindiabarexamination.com. Alternately, the link to download the admit card will also be updated on this page once it is released. An important document for sitting in the AIBE exam 2021, it will carry vital details like the date and time of the exam, AIBE exam centre 2021 (16) allotted to the candidate and exam-day guidelines. Note that this session, the AIBE exam will no longer be an open-book exam, as candidates can't take books and textual material inside the exam hall; the only exception is bare acts which are allowed.
What is the procedure to download AIBE admit card 2021 XV (16)
- Click on the official download link.
- The candidate will be redirected to a log-in window
- You have to enter your registration number and DOB
- On successful login, AIBE admit card will be displayed in downloadable pdf format.
- Download and take a printout of the AIBE 2021 admit card.
Details mentioned on the AIBE admit card 2021
- Candidate's name
- Roll number and application number
- Name and address of AIBE XVI (16) exam centre.
- AIBE 2021 exam date and timings
- Reporting time
- Exam-day guidelines (including COVID-safety protocols to be followed)
I have difficulty in downloading the AIBE 2021 admit card. What should I do?
In such a scenario, the candidate needs to get in touch with exam officials at the below numbers / email ids at the earliest.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
AIBE 2021 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid photo identity card
The BCI will first release the provisional AIBE answer key 2021 within a few days of the conduct of the certification exam. AIBE 2021 answer key will be uploaded at allindiabarexamination.com for all the paper codes along with the question papers (Codes A,B, C and D). The candidate will be able to download the relevant AIBE XVI answer key 2021 and compare their answers to calculate probable scores. Now comparing the probable score with the qualifying trends of previous years, the candidate will be able to assess their chances of qualifying in the AIBE exam and thus earn the COP certificate.
The AIBE answer key will have the keys to all 100 multiple choice questions asked in the exam.
How to download AIBE 2021 XV (16) answer key
- Click on the answer key download link.
- The candidate will be redirected to a page where the answer key would be displayed in downloadable pdf format.
In case of any objections to the provisional answer key, candidates could register complaints within a specified time frame. The revised and final answer key will be released after considering all such objections.
The BCI will declare the result of AIBE XVI 2021 simply as pass or fail; no scores will be released. Such candidates who qualify in the AIBE 2021 exam will be issued Certificate of Practice (COP), which is a permit to practice law in courts in India. If a candidate fails to qualify in the AIBE 2021, they can make further attempts as there is no age limit.
AIBE result 2020 XV (15) will be declared in the first week of March. The result would be declared in online mode and would include such details like the candidate's name, roll number, registration number, score, and qualifying status. AIBE XV results specify the scores and qualifying status obtained by candidates in AIBE 2020 XV (15). AIBE 2020 result XV (15) should be downloaded and retained by the candidates till the time of admission for further references.
How to download result of AIBE 2020 XV (15)
- Click on the result link.
- Fill in roll number and date of birth.
- On successful log-in, the result of AIBE XV will be displayed on-screen.
- Download the result.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Who can appear in AIBE XVI (16) 2021?
As per the eligibility criteria, the candidate must be a law graduate and has completed his graduation after 2010.
Question: How can I apply for AIBE XVI (16) 2021?
The application form has been released on December 26, 2020. You can apply in online mode by visiting the AIBE application form portal.
Question: What type of questions will asked in AIBE XVI (16) 2021?
The questions in the exam will be asked from a given AIBE syllabus and will include various topics of law.
Question: How many questions are asked in AIBE 2020, will there be any negative marking?
The AIBE 2021 question paper will include a total of 100 multiple choice questions, each of one mark. There will be no negative marking.
Question: Can I carry my study material inside the AIBE exam hall?
Yes, AIBE is non longer an open book exam, so you cannot carry the study material like books, copies inside the hall. However one can carry Bare acts with them.
Question: When will the AIBE admit card 2021 be released?
The admit card of AIBE XVI 2021 will be released on April 10 at allindiabarexamination.com.
Question: When will the AIBE XVI 2021 exam be conducted?
The exam will be conducted on April 15 (postponed from March 21 as was originally scheduled). Also, the exam is no longer an open book exam, as books, notes, etc. are not allowed inside the exam hall. Students will however be allowed to carry bare acts with them.
Questions related to AIBE
in aibe 2020 . i named correctly in box but wrong in bobulles. i made it correct by using whitner to 2 bobulles sir using of whitner in answer sheets will leafs to whitheld or disqualify help me sir
If you have not filled details in OMR correctly, then that may be a problem for you in evaluation of your answer copy. However, since you have corrected the details by using whitener, then it is at your own risk whether your answer sheet will be correctly evaluated or not. But for now do not worry much as students do make such mistakes but if it is neatly corrected then chances of getting disqualified is less.
in aibe 15 omr sheet in self declaration in i column had mention only my name not father name too is it also a reason to disqualification
See if there is the column for Father's name in the OMR sheet of AIBE XV or it is required to fill the Father's name and you have not filled it out then this might be the reason for disqualification, because generally the candidate is supposed to fill out all the details required in the OMR sheet and there is a software through which the OMR sheets are scanned for making result so if it found any incomplete OMR sheet then it will throw an error and might disqualify the candidate for incomplete details. But if there is no any requirement for Father's name then you don't have to worry because the main thing is the OMR sheet should be completely filled with correct details.
For more details about AIBE XV kindly check out the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.
in my aibe exam 2020 i wrote my name correctly in box and made a mistake in bubbling my name. But i bubbled all ohters that is roll no, set code, center code correctly. will they accept my anwer sheet or reject. please kindly reply soon, what to do further
Just relax and don't panic as there is no big deal about it.I have known many of my friends and relatives who have done mistakes in OMR sheet in boards and few entrance exams but their results have came properly and moreover the fact that you have filled other details properly makes it more surer that there won't be any issues.
I hope this helps.
Thank you for your immediate replies. There is an assumption that AIBE is required for enrolement for Law Graduates passed only after June 2010 onwards. AIBE is NOT required for Law Graduates paaased out before June 2010 and may go for direct enrolement without AIBE. Plz clarify.
yes, the statement you mentioned is correct. AIBE examination is mandatory for all law graduates and advocates who enrolled themselves after 2010 in state bar council (SBC). If candidate qualifies this exam, he/she will be awarded with "Certificate of Practice" by the Bar Council of India. This notification of AIBE was passed during a meeting in April 2010, therefore candidates who enrolled themselves before 2010 do not need to write AIBE.
For more information visit here:
I want the information regarding AIBE exam question paper medium English/Hindi both language printed available at the time of Exam 2021?
When one selects English as the medium of his or her question paper then his or her AIBE examination question paper is in English language only.
When one selects any language other than English as the medium for his or her AIBE examination then he or she gets the AIBE question paper in both the language i.e selected by him or her and English.
if you have selected HINDI as the medium of your aibe question paper then you will get your question paper in both hindi and English .
Here's a brief of the AIBE examination pattern:-
* mode of examination:- it is conducted in pen and paper or offline mode .
*Language Options :- there are 11 language options in which you can give the examination which are listed below :-
* Type of examination :- It is open book type examination
*Type of Questions:- multiple choice questions.
* total number of questions asked in the examination:- there are a total of 100 MCQs.
* Total marks :- it is conducted for a total of 100 marks.
* there is no negative marking .
For detailed information you can visit our page the link for the same is provided below
To prepare well you can go through AIBE previous year question papers ,the link for the same is provided below