Law School Admission Test for India (LSAT India)
About LSAT India 2020
LSAT India 2020 will be an online, computer-based test, which will be conducted on July 19 onwards. LSAT India exam is administered by Pearson VUE on behalf of USA–based Law School Admission Council (LSAC) for admission to law schools in India. LSAT India 2020 application form has commenced in online mode on December 6, 2019; last date of submission of application form is July 5, 2020.
More than 52 law colleges accept LSAT India scores for admission to various law courses offered by them, like BA LLB, BBA LLB, BCom LLB, BSc LLB, and three-year LLB. The exam will be held at 24 centres across the country. The test seeks to assess a candidate's reasoning and critical thinking skills which play an important role in the understanding and study of law.
Scores obtained by the candidate in LSAT India 2020 will be released in percentile form. These scores indicate the relative strength of a candidate's critical reasoning ability to the participating law schools in India. Note that there is no LSAT-India specific eligibility criteria for appearing in the exam. However, the candidate needs to meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by the school the candidate is opting for admission to. These eligibility criteria may pertain to age limit, qualifying exam, and minimum marks in the qualifying exam.
LSAT India 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Law School Admission Test for India|
|Short Exam Name||LSAT India|
|Conducting Body||Law School Admission Council|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3800 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 19 Minutes|
LSAT India 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
19 Jul, 2020
Exam | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
06 Dec, 2019 - 05 Jul, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
Pearson VUE doesn't prescribe any LSAT India eligibility criteria 2020. Instead the candidate needs to meet the eligibility of the law school one is applying for admission to.
General eligibility criteria demanded by participating colleges
- Candidates appearing in LSAT India 2020 seeking admission into five-year integrated law program need to have qualified 12th board examination under 10+2 education system scoring minimum 45% marks. Relaxation in minimum marks may apply to reserved category candidates.
- There is no age bar to appear for LSAT India 2020. Candidates who meet the aforementioned educational qualifications irrespective of age will be able to appear for LSAT India 2020.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Credit Card | Debit Card
Pearson VUE has released the application form of LSAT India 2020 on December 6, 2019. LSAT India 2020 application form is available in online mode and can be filled till July 5, 2020. The first step of LSAT India 2020 application filling process is registration, wherein the candidate has to enter details like name, date of birth, e-mail id and mobile number. After filling these required details, a validation link will be sent to the candidate’s email id to activate the candidate account and continue the application process. To know how to fill the application form of LSAT India 2020, refer to the steps below.
Steps to fill LSAT India 2020 Application Form
Filling the application form is a three-step process – a) registration, b) filling of important details, and c) fee payment.
- Candidates will have to register themselves by clicking on the official link by entering their email ID and creating a password. Completion of this step will create the candidate’s LSAT India 2020 registration name or user ID.
- Candidates will have to go to their registered email ID and click on click on “verification link” sent by Pearson VUE.
- Candidates will now log in through the application form window to fill the application form of LSAT India 2020.
B. Filling of Important Details
Upon completion of the registration process, candidates will have to fill in important details in the application form.
- Personal information - name, date of birth, gender, nationality, and category.
- Contact information - phone number, communication and permanent address, email id, etc.
- Preference of Programme and Associated Colleges, that is, the programme one wished to apply for, test centre of their choice, and associated colleges in the order of their preference.
- Educational qualifications - high school, senior secondary level qualifications.
- Additional information - father’s and mother’s names, occupations, contact information, and so on.
- Terms and Conditions – Candidates are required to read and fully understand the terms and conditions. After reading them, they are required to click on two checkboxes and click on submit application.
C. Fee Payment
- In this step, candidates will have to pay the prescribed fees through online mode with the help of debit/credit card/net banking.
|SC, General, OBC, ST||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 3800|
LSAT India 2020 Syllabus
LSAT India 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates are advised to go through the following preparation tips for LSAT India 2020 to perform better in the exam and move one step further towards their dreams.
- One must fully acquaint oneself with the exam pattern of LSAT India 2020. They must be aware of the type of questions to be asked, number of questions, duration, topics, and marking scheme.
- Candidates must know that unlike other entrance examinations, LSAT India does not test mathematical and grammatical or general knowledge. The test aims to assess candidates’ critical reasoning abilities. Candidates are therefore required to practice previous year sample papers to have an idea of questions asked and also to strengthen their logical and reasoning abilities.
- Candidates are advised to take mock test sessions wherein they practice the sample papers within the same duration as that of the test. This will help the candidates to chart out a time management strategy and mentally prepare for the test.
- Candidates are strictly advised not to leave preparation for the last few days before the exam.
Pearson VUE on behalf of Law School Admission Council announces LSAT India exam pattern 2020. For the current academic session, the exam will be conducted in online proctored mode, instead of pen and paper mode. The full details of LSAT India 2020 exam pattern can be checked from the table below.
LSAT India Exam Pattern 2020
Mode of exam
Online, Computer-Based Test to be proctored remotely using AI technology.
Duration of the exam
2 hours 20 minutes
Number of questions
There will be four (4) sections. These include:
Candidates will get 35 minutes to complete each section.
Type of Questions
Each question will have four or five answer options, out of which one will be the right option.
There is no negative marking
Test scores will be scaled between a score band of 420-480. Results will also be available in percentile form
LSAT India 2020 Exam Pattern – Weight age
|1.||Analytical reasoning||23||35 mins.|
|2.||Logical reasoning - 1||22||35 mins.|
|3.||Logical reasoning - 2||23||35 mins.|
|4.||Reading Comprehension||24||35 mins.|
2 hours and 20 minutes
- Candidates will not be given any break in between the sections. They will be given a warning of five minutes before the thirty-five minutes of a section are to be over. After the time is up, candidates will have to move on to another section.
- Candidates will be allowed to work only on the section which is tested at that particular time. They cannot move back or forward to other sections.
Pearson VUE will release LSAT India admit card 2020 a few weeks before the commencement of the exam. The admit card cum hall ticket of LSAT India 2020 will be released in online mode and contain details like the roll and registration number, name and address of the exam venue, and date and time of the exam. Candidates need to carry their admit cards along with a valid ID proof on exam day.
How to download LSAT India 2020 admit card
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the admit card download link
- The candidate will be redirected to a log-in window
- Enter registered email id and password.
- Next, click on “login” button
- The LSAT India admit card will be displayed on screen.
- Check that all details mentioned on the admit card are legible and correct.
- Download and take a printout of the admit card
LSAT India 2020 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid photo ID (Aadhar Card/ UID/ E-Aadhaar copy/ driving license/ passport/ PAN card/ election Card/ voter ID/ SC/ ST certificate along with photographs)
- If not having any of the above, then photo identity provided by school/ college/ university/ employee ID having photograph and sign/ military ID or military dependent ID with photo of the candidate
- If not any of the above, two of the following - Original 12th grade standard admit card copy with photo/ school ID with photo/ 10th grade mark sheet or tenth pass certificate mentioning photo and DOB
- HB pencils, erasers, sharpeners
Pearson VUE, on behalf of Law School Admission Council, USA, will declare LSAT India result 2020 on its official webisite. The results of LSAT India will be released in online mode and will mention candidates' scores in the form of percentile. Additionally, result of LSAT India 2020 will mention the qualifying status of the candidate who appeared for LSAT India. Note that Pearson VUE will share LSAT India 2020 scores with participating colleges, which will be used by them for admission purpose.
How to Check LSAT India 2020 Result
- Click on result link.
- Enter registered login ID and password.
- Upon successful log-in, the result would appear on screen
- The result would contain details like the percentile of the candidate and qualifying status.
- Download and take a printout of LSAT India 2020 result.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Who can apply for LSAT India 2020?
There are no eligibility criteria for appearing in LSAT India, however, you must fulfil the basic eligibility criteria for the study of law in India. For eg, for the BA LLB course, you must have completed Class 12 similarly, for LLB, you must have graduation in any discipline.
Question: When will LSAT India 2020 be conducted?
The LSAT India will be conducted on June 14. Earlier it was slated to be held on May 17 but got postponed later.
Question: How will the LSAT-India be conducted?
LSAT India will be conducted in online proctored test mode
Questions related to LSAT India
what are options if I am looking for LLM after MBA
After any graduation you can to do an MBA or LLB, but you can do your LLM only after your LLB, which is your basic degree in law. From your question we can infer that you already have an LLB degree and would like to pursue your LLM after your MBA.
One primary advantage you may develop after your MBA is to understand which stream of business law your would like to pursue in LLM or position yourself as the legal person within a company, who also understand how a company functions or need to function based on your study of MBA and the application of Law within the framework of the organization and protecting the organization from all legal issues.
which are best colleges in LSAT India for BBA LLB?
Following are some of the best colleges that take admission through LSAT for BBA LLB. These colleges provide quality education and have high ratings.
Alliance School of Law
Auro University School of Law
Azim Premji University
Institute of Law
College of Legal Studies
JSS Law College
KLE Society's Law College
MATS Law School
NCU Law School
VIT Law School
what is the average score of lsat india for getting admisson in o.p jindal college
Hello student cut off vary every year on various factors like the level of question in the entrance examination and total number of applicants in that examination, its difficult to predict exact score but as per previous year records 80 percentile or more than 80 percentile for 5 year law program at jindal law school.
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
Does LSAT India have negative marking?
No. A very important point to remember is that there is no negative marking. So, once you reach the end of the section if you haven't answered every question or attempted every question then absolutely go back and answer. You have roughly twenty percent chance of getting it right just by guessing so please save 30 seconds to a minute at the end to go back and make sure that you have an answer entered for every single question.
Dr. Jason Dickenson
Director, India Testing- Law School Admission Council (LSAC)
How should a student plan to score a decent percentile in the LSAT India examination?
I think it's a misperception that it is an easy test and you don't have to prepare for iit and you can just walk in and take it unlike the CLAT and I think that's wrong. I don't think it is an easy test and I know it is not because I actually see the raw scores and it's certainly a test that you have to practice for so one thing I will tell you as far as percentiles and so forth is that even our highest scoring test takers over the years get a lot of questions wrong.
If you take the practice tests and you get 30 or 40 wrong out of 90- 92, they might want to give up but that's not necessarily the case. Again, you can get a good score with quite a number of questions answered incorrectly. So don't lose hope.
Dr. Jason Dickenson
Director, India Testing- Law School Admission Council (LSAC)