Latest Update for CLAT
- 32 minutes ago:
CLAT 2022 Round 1 cut-offs are now available, to check NLU wise cut-offs - Click here
- 23 hours ago:
CLAT 2022 seat allotment result announced, to check status -Click here.
- 1 day ago:
CLAT 2022 Topper Janhavi Joshi, AIR 08 says, “Treat mock tests as actual paper”, to read full interview - Click here
Stay up-to date with CLAT News
About CLAT 2022
CLAT 2022 - The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) has released the first round of CLAT 2022 seat allotment from on June 30, 2022. Candidates shortlisted for admission have to complete the admission process by July 02, 2022. The CLAT counselling 2022 is being conducted in five rounds. CLAT merit lists are released after each round of counselling. The CLAT 2022 result was announced on June 24, 2022. Candidates can download CLAT 2022 results by logging into the examination portal. The counselling process includes online registration, choice filling, document submission and verification, and seat allotment. After the seat allotment, candidates will have to complete the admission formalities and submit the course fee to the allotted national law university.
LATEST - CLAT 2022 seat allotment announced, to check allotment status - Click here
Also Read | CLAT Result 202 declared, check now!
To know about CLAT cut offs - Click here
CLAT 2023 - The Consortium of NLUs will conduct the CLAT 2023 on December 18, 2022, in offline mode. The CLAT 2023 application form will be released tentatively in the month of August, at its official website - consortiumofnlus.ac.in. The CLAT registration fee is Rs 4,000 (Rs 3,500 for SC and ST candidates).
Important for law aspirants | What is a good score in CLAT?
CLAT Syllabus and Question Paper Format
Candidates who wish to appear in CLAT 2023 should be aware of the syllabus and pattern for the examination. The CLAT 2023 syllabus consists of five sections as mentioned below.
- General knowledge and current affairs
- English comprehension
- Legal aptitude and knowledge
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative aptitude
Under each section, the CLAT 2023 question paper will have comprehension-based questions, each paragraph followed by 4-5 multiple choice type questions. A total of 150 questions will be asked in CLAT 2022, for which, candidates will be given 2 hours to answer all questions. Last year, 29 comprehension passages were given in the CLAT question papers, making it a lengthy and time-consuming test paper (READ: CLAT previous year exam analysis) for the candidates.
What is CLAT?
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level law entrance exam for admission to 22 national law universities and more than 70 affiliated colleges. The exam is conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) in offline, pen and paper format. Candidates who pass the examination will be eligible for admission to 5-year integrated LLB and LLM programmes offered by the participating national law universities.
CLAT 2022 - Events
CLAT 2022 official notification
|The consortium has released the official notification for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) - 2022. The official notification informs about eligibility criteria and CLAT important dates.|
CLAT application form 2022
|The registration window has been closed on May 09. The application edit option is open till May 30.|
CLAT 2022 admit card
|The consortium will issue CLAT admit card 2022 a few weeks before the examination. The admit card will be available for download at the CLAT login portal.|
CLAT 2022 exam details
|The offline based CLAT 2022 was conducted on June 19, 2022 (2 pm to 4 pm). It had multiple-choice questions on subjects like general knowledge, current affairs, legal and logical reasoning and quantitative ability.|
The PG-CLAT had questions on common subjects of the LLB programme.
CLAT post-exam activities
|After the conduct of the examination, the consortium releases the CLAT 2022 answer key and result. candidates shortlisted based on CLAT results are invited for counselling.|
CLAT Highlights: Registered candidates, intake, NLUs
|CLAT Registration*||To be notified|
Expected registrations - 70,000
|Number of Registered Candidates - 70,277|
No of appeared candidates - 62,107
|Number of Registered Candidates - 75,183|
No of appeared candidates - 59,443
|Number of seats offered||CLAT UG - 2,801|
CLAT LLM - 1,072
|5-year integrated LLB programs - 2622 seats|
LLM program - 808 seats
|5-year integrated LLB programs - 2622 seats|
LLM program - 808 seats
|Participating institutes||CLAT UG - Undergraduate courses are offered by all the twenty-two (22) participating NLUs|
CLAT PG - Postgraduate courses are available at nineteen (19) NLUs.
To check the list of national law universities - Click here
To check the NLU-wise list of courses - Click here
|Highest marks||To be notified||CLAT UG - 125.5/150|
CLAT PG - 85.75/120
|CLAT UG - 127.25/150|
CLAT PG - 72/120
CLAT 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Common Law Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||CLAT|
|Conducting Body||Consortium of NLUs|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||4000 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||2801 Seats|
CLAT 2022 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
30 Jun, 2022 - 02 Jul, 2022
Counselling - Release of 1st seat allotment | Mode: Online Ongoing
07 Jul, 2022 - 09 Jul, 2022
Counselling - Release of 2nd seat allotment | Mode: Online
12 Jul, 2022 - 13 Jul, 2022
Counselling - Release of 3rd seat allotment | Mode: Online
16 Jul, 2022 - 17 Jul, 2022
Counselling - Release of 4th seat allotment | Mode: Online
19 Jul, 2022 - 20 Jul, 2022
Counselling - Release of 5th seat allotment | Mode: Online
Past Dates and Events
25 Jun, 2022 - 27 Jun, 2022
Counselling - Registration process | Mode: Online
24 Jun, 2022
Result | Mode: Online
23 Jun, 2022
Answer Key - Final answer key | Mode: Online
20 Jun, 2022 - 21 Jun, 2022
Answer Key - Dates to submit objections | Mode: Online
20 Jun, 2022
Answer Key | Mode: Online
19 Jun, 2022
Exam | Mode: Offline
06 Jun, 2022
Admit Card - June 2022 | Mode: Online
12 May, 2022
Application Correction - Last date to edit application form (OBC candidates)) | Mode: Online
09 May, 2022 - 11 May, 2022
Application Correction - Last date to edit application form | Mode: Online
01 Jan, 2022 - 09 May, 2022
Application | Mode: Online
The Consortium of NLUs has prescribed the eligibility criteria for both CLAT UG and CLAT PG. The eligibility criteria of CLAT 2022 include academic and age requirements which have been elucidated below.
|Particular ||CLAT UG ||CLAT LLM |
|Educational qualification||Class 12 or an equivalent examination from a recognised board or institution||Graduation in Law or any other equivalent qualification recognised by the Bar Council of India|
Minimum marks required in qualifying exam
General, OBC, PWD, NRI, PIO, OCI candidates
|45% marks or equivalent grade||50% marks or equivalent grade|
|SC and ST candidates||40% marks or equivalent grade||45% marks or equivalent grade|
|Age limit||No age limit||No age limit|
CLAT 2022 eligibility criteria for candidates appearing in qualifying examination
Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination (Class 12 for CLAT UG and LLB final year for CLAT LLM) are also eligible to appear in the examination.
However, they must submit evidence of passing the qualifying examination (mark sheet/certificate/provisional certificate) during CLAT counselling and seat allotment. In case the candidate fails to provide documents in support of his/her qualification, he/she will be declared ineligible for admission, irrespective of CLAT results.
Key points to note regarding CLAT 2022 eligibility criteria
- Candidates need to confirm their eligibility before filling out the form.
- If a candidate doesn't meet the CLAT eligibility criteria 2022, then he or she can be disqualified at any stage of the admission process.
- The information shared by the candidate at the time of filling the CLAT 2022 application form will be checked at the time of the document verification process, which is an integral part of the counseling process.
- Admission process : Simply meeting the CLAT exam eligibility criteria is no guarantee of admissions. Admission or allotment of seats will be strictly based on CLAT 2022 merit rank.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The CLAT Consortium has closed the CLAT application correction window. The deadline to correct the application form was May 30, 2022, for All India Candidates who have selected the OBC category. The CLAT registration for 2022 commenced on January 1, 2022. The application forms for CLAT 2023 will be released soon on the official website - consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
CLAT application form correction window for OBC (non-creamy layer)
Candidates who have already regitered for CLAT 2022 were able to make edit and review their application form till May 30, 2022. Steps to update the OBC non-creamy layer wrongly answered question:
- Login to your CLAT account
- Click on edit application
- In the personal information tab, answer the ‘Do you belong to Non-Creamy layer?’ appropriate
- Then go the reservation tab and review and update your reservations as required
- Finally click on the submit button and save your changes
- Candidates can also review their applications under the section 'University Reservation Categories' for all the NLUs they have applied.
CLAT application form correction window
Candidates who have already registered for CLAT 2022 were able to submit the registration fee till May 11, 2022. During this period, such candidates can also edit their CLAT application form and make the necessary corrections. Candidates will also be able to update their exam centre preferences.
How to fill CLAT Application Form 2022?
- Registration: To register, enter your name, email id, mobile number, and other details.
- Fill in relevant details: Here enter personal, academic, and contact details. You will also be required to select the program of study (UG or PG), and enter preferred NLUs in the order of priority from the drop-down menu.
- Upload documents: Scanned copies of signature, photograph, and other documents in the prescribed specification (refer to the table below) have to be uploaded.
CLAT 2022 Document Specification
Image size (maximum)
State domicile certificate
- Application fee: Depending on the category of the candidate, the application fee may vary as shown in the table below.
General/ OBC/PwD/NRI/PIO//OCI category
Important points to remember
- During the document verification process of CLAT counselling 2022, all details entered in the form will be verified. Exam officials will demand originals of all essential documents to be produced before them. In case of any inconsistency in the information shared in the application form, the candidate may be disqualified.
- Also, simply meeting the eligibility criteria is no guarantee for admission, as the final CLAT seat allotment 2022 will be based on the merit rank of the candidate in the online exam.
CLAT Previous year Registration Statistics
Question 1: How many candidates appeared for CLAT 2021?
Ans: As per data released by the consortium, a total of 53, 574 candidates appeared in the undergraduate, and over 8,000 candidates appeared in the postgraduate exams of CLAT 2021.
Question 2: How many candidates registered for CLAT 2021?
Ans: 75,183 candidates registered for the exam.
Watch - How to fill CLAT application form 2022
|ST, SC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 3500|
|General, OBC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 4000|
|General, OBC, EWS||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 4000|
Current affairs, including general knowledge
Sometimes the candidate may need a little assistance in their CLAT exam preparation to get over the line. Like the candidate may want to know about some tools that can assist them to improve accuracy or improve speed.
CLAT 2022 Preparation Tips
- Candidates need to be well-versed with the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Practice sufficient mock tests and sample papers to edify learning and to hone problem-solving skills.
- CLAT aspirants are also advised to follow a proper timetable for preparation.
- Candidates should choose books that are easy to follow, meet the quality standards, and contain lots of practise material to prepare for the exam.
- Regular revision is the key to scoring good marks in exams.
- Maintaining equanimity is crucial for effective preparation. To achieve that stay in the moment, instead of flying into the future or pondering the past.
CLAT 2022 last-week and exam-day tips
- Solve sample papers: The last most should involve extensive solving of CLAT sample papers 2022. While in the preliminary phases of the CLAT exam preparation one may solve one sample paper a week, the number in the last month and weeks can be increased. One may solve as many sample papers as possible.
- Mock test: The idea of CLAT mock tests 2022 is to get an exam-like experience, which may include a pressure-cooker situation. Considering the exam will be now conducted in online mode, mock tests will help the candidate to understand navigation, how questions are presented, how questions can be answered, and manage time. Note that there will be 150 multiple choice questions that have to be answered in 120 minutes. This means speed and accuracy will be important qualities for success in the exam.
- Don't study new topics close to the exam: Unless you are thoroughly done with what you have already taken up, better don't get entangled in new topics, because it will eat into your last phase of exam preparation. Remember the last phase is all about acceleration, which includes doing fast revision, solving sample papers, and taking mock tests. But if you bring in new topics, you will break the flow; also note that new topics will take more time to master, which you can ill afford at this stage.
- How to answer the CLAT question paper 2022: The questions asked in the CLAT exam 2022 can be placed in three groups: easy, moderate, and difficult. It is recommended that the candidate starts with easy questions, before answering moderate and difficult questions. Also, if one gets stuck with a difficult question, better not spend too much time on it, but instead move on to the next question.
- Stay composed even in difficult situations during exams: Sometimes the question paper may turn out to be more difficult than expected, or you may not be able to answer an easy-looking question. In those situations, it is important to keep one's cool and not get rattled. Take a deep breath and move on to the next question.
Also read | Last minute preparation tips to ace CLAT 2022 exam
CLAT UG Sample Papers - Based on new CLAT exam pattern
Download CLAT subject wise sample papers
|CLAT sample papers for quantitative ability||Download here|
|CLAT Logical reasoning sample papers||Download here|
|CLAT Sample Paper for General Knowledge and English||Download here|
|CLAT Legal Reasoning Sample Paper||Download here|
CLAT 2022 best books for exam preparation
When preparing for CLAT exam 2022, it is important to have a dependable and high-quality study material. The CLAT best books 2022 will be those that are easy to understand, and contain few to no errors, including problem sets and instructions.
CLAT Exam Reference Books
Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis, High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin, Objective General English by RS Aggarwal, Barron’s Pocket Guide to Vocabulary
Universal’s CLAT Guide, Bare Acts of Indian Constitution, Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj, LexisNexis Butterworths
Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal, Class 10th NCERT Textbook
Current affairs, including general knowledge
Lucent’s GK, Manorama Year Book, Competition Success Review
India Year Book, and Pratiyogita Darpan.
Also read leading newspapers like Hindu, Indian Express
Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey, Analytical and Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal,
Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
CLAT 2021 toppers interview, rank, marks
CLAT Toppers 2021
Karthik J Lal
|Utkarsh Panda||53||105.75||Click Here|
|Shristy Chhaparia||57||105.5||Click Here|
CLAT 2020 toppers interview
The CLAT consortium has made some changes to the exam pattern by dropping the descriptive section from CLAT PG; so the postgraduate paper will have only MCQs. The undergraduate paper will continue to have MCQs. The question paper will be consist of comprehension passages, with each passage followed by 4-5 Questions. The updated CLAT 2022 exam pattern is given below.
CLAT Exam pattern 2022
|Type of questions||Objective type test|
|Total number of question||CLAT UG - 150 MCQs|
|CLAT PG - 120 MCQs |
(No essay section in CLAT PG)
|Maximum marks||CLAT UG - 150 |
CLAT PG - 120
|Exam duration||2 hours|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
Browse Law Colleges by Location
- Law Colleges in Pune
- Law Colleges in Mumbai
- Law Colleges in Bangalore
- Law Colleges in Delhi
- Law Colleges in Chennai
- Law Colleges in Kolkata
- Browse All Law Colleges in India
Watch - CLAT syllabus for UG Law
Candidates appearing in CLAT 2022 should solve a good number of mock tests during their preparation. There are multiple benefits of taking the CLAT mock test 2022:
- Mock tests contain similar types of questions to those asked in the exam. So, solving these problems will help candidates judge the difficultly level of CLAT 2022 and plan accordingly.
- The success in mock tests can be indicative of exam readiness or lack of it. If readiness is lacking, one may need to pull up one's socks and try harder.
- Doing well in mock tests would also give the candidate lot of confidence to carry to the actual exam.
- CLAT mock tests will teach the candidate time management skills and also how to wriggle out of a tricky problem by keeping a cool head.
- Effective prioritizing of questions is an art that can be cultivated by solving the CLAT mock test. Students who master this art will be able to lock down all the sure-shot questions first, before moving on to tricky and not-so-sure questions.
How to take CLAT 2022 mock tests?
- Click on the mock test link ( Click here )
- A login window will open
- Enter user id and password
- On login, a dashboard will be displayed
- Click on the mock test link to start the test
- Go through all the instructions, and terms and conditions
- Take the mock test.
Candidates by solving CLAT question papers can strengthen their conceptual understandings and improve problem-solving skills.
CLAT previous year papers
Candidates should also solve all previous year CLAT papers, especially those based on the new exam pattern. The previous year's papers would also be helpful in understanding the type of questions asked in the examination and topics that appear frequently in the test paper. While registering for CLAT, candidates may purchase the question papers on payment of Rs 500. However, the official question papers of CLAT at FREE of COST are provided below.
To download CLAT previous year's question papers - Click here
The Consortium of NLUs released the CLAT admit card 2022 on June 6, 2022 in its official website. To download the CLAT admit card, candidates have to log in by entering their mobile number and password. On exam day, the applicant needs to carry with them the admit card of CLAT 2022 without fail, along with a valid photo ID proof.
Details mentioned on CLAT admit card 2022
The CLAT admit card would carry such details as the name and address of the exam venue, date and time of the CLAT 2022 entrance exam, and roll number of the candidate. Candidates are also advised to carefully go through all the exam day guidelines mentioned on the admit card to stay out of trouble.
How to download the CLAT admit card 2022?
- Visit the official website of the CLAT consortium
- Click on CLAT admit card link (Will be available once the admit card is released)
- A login window will open
- Enter your registration or application number and password
- The CLAT admit card will be displayed on screen in downloadable pdf format
- Download the admit card and take a printout
CLAT 2022 Exam Guidelines
As per the guidelines, the candidate has to report to the CLAT 2022 exam centre at least 45 minutes before the commencement of the exam. Also, after 15 minutes after the commencement of the CLAT exam, no candidate will be allowed fresh entry.
To take the test, the candidate has to display a printout of the admit card and a valid and original photo ID proof.
No baggage counter
There will be no baggage counter at the exam venue and candidates will be solely responsible for the safe keep of their belongings. So, it is advisable not to carry non-essential items to the centre.
If the candidate wants, they may visit the exam centre to check out the location, travel route, distance and traffic situation. However, no candidate will be allowed beyond the main entrance gate, except on exam day and that too is only on producing the admit card and photo ID.
Important items to carry to the CLAT exam hall
Blue/Black Ball Pen
Any original photo ID proof issued by the Government.
Transparent water bottle.
Own mask, gloves and personal hand sanitiser.
Disability certificate for PWD candidates
CLAT exam day 2022 - Things to avoid
Electronic/communication devices such as mobile phones
Any kind of watch, calculator, headphones, etc.
Sheets of paper including blank sheets are not allowed inside the examination hall.
Candidates may also note that the consortium or the security staff at the exam centre will not be held responsible for the loss and damage of any property/gadgets of candidates.
CLAT 2022 - Proper conduct during the exam
Candidates will not be allowed to seek clarifications from anybody while the test is ongoing.
Candidates found indulging in malpractice like cheating or assisting other candidates will be disqualified and legal action will be initiated against such candidates.
COVID-19 safety guidelines
Any candidate who has tested COVID-19 positive and is under medical surveillance or in isolation, the candidate won't be allowed to appear in the CLAT 2022 exam.
The candidate has to bring their own masks and sanitisers. They also need to follow COVID-19 safety precautions, like maintaining social distancing, wearing masks, and
Candidates must produce a duly filled and signed medical self-declaration to the administrative staff at the entrance.
CLAT 2022 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Tirupathi Naidu Palli|
Documents Required at Exam
- CLAT admit card
- An identity proof in original (Driving License/Aadhaar Card/PAN Card)
The provisional answer key of CLAT 2022 was released in online mode on June 20, 2022. By consulting keys given in the provisional CLAT answer key, the candidates were able to calculate the number of questions they managed to respond to correctly. Using the CLAT official marking scheme, the candidates were able to calculate the probable score, and in turn their chances of admission (use previous years' cutoff data for the purpose).
Any candidate who had any objections regarding any of the key (s) were allowed to file objections. The objections portal was deactivated on June 21, 2022. Authorities, after considering all complaints released the final answer key for the CLAT exam 2022. The keys given in the final CLAT answer key are considered to be the final authority or correct answers to questions asked in the exam.
CLAT Question Paper & Answer Key - Previous Year's
|Question Paper||Answer Key (Final)||Question paper||Answer Key (Provisional)||Answer Key (Final)|
|5-year Law Programme||Series A||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series B||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series C||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series D||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|LLM Programme||Series A||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series B||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series C||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series D||Click here||Click here||Click here|
How to calculate marks using CLAT answer key 2022
As per the official marking scheme of CLAT 2022, every correct answer will fetch 1 mark, while for an incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted. Use the following formula to calculate probable scores.
CLAT Scores = Total numbers of Correct options*1 - Total number of incorrect responses*0.25
For e.g. If the number of correct answers is 100 and incorrect answers is 40 then the total marks will be calculated as-
Total CLAT Marks = (100*1) - (40*0.25)
Therefore; Total marks = 100 - 10 = 90
Given the pandemic situation, the last year's CLAT was conducted in online mode. As per feedback received from candidates who appeared in the exam and analysis released by various coaching institutes, the test was lengthy and the difficulty level was moderate to difficult. Check the CLAT analysis for the UG paper.
CLAT Exam Analysis
|Section||Good Attempts||Level of Difficulty||Remarks||No. of Passages|
|English Language||22 +||Moderate||Some very typical Passages that many would have found difficult to comprehend.|
There were also straight questions about Vocabulary, Figures of Speech and Idioms/Phrases.
Surprisingly, there were no questions testing English Grammar.
|Logical Reasoning||25 +||Moderate||The section was on expected lines with more weightage given to Critical Reasoning|
Only a few questions coming from Analytical Reasoning.
The passages were from Current Events, making the overall understanding of the passage a lot better.
The answer options though were close and students should have sound knowledge of CR concepts to crack it.
|Legal Aptitude||20 +||Moderate||This Section was on the expected lines with a lot of passages covering the Current News around Legal Affairs.|
The section also expected you to have a basic idea of the important legal terms for a better understanding of the Questions.
Someone who was well-read with the current legal events would have found the passages quite familiar.
|Quantitative Techniques||5 +||Tough||As per the feedback received from students, this section was tricky and lengthy (even for those who are generally comfortable with numbers and calculations).|
One of the passages in QT might have some error as per the feedback from the students.
|General Knowledge||15 +||Tough||The section caught students off-guard.|
The reason being the section was Analytical and not factual.
Only someone who was well-read and had done a thorough analysis of the most important topics of the year could have got the right answers.
Events like NEP, COVID, UAE-Israel Peace Deal, Atmanirbhar Scheme etc. were covered in the exam.
|Overall||110 +||29 Passages|
The Consortium has declared the result of CLAT 2022 in online mode on June 24, 2022. Candidates can access CLAT result 2022 by logging in using their registration/application number and date of birth. The result contains important details like sectional and overall marks, and open and category (if applicable) rank obtained in the exam.
How to download CLAT result 2022?
- Click on the result link (or Click here)
- In the CLAT login window, enter the registration/application number and date of birth
- The CLAT result 2022 would be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a printout of the result
Details mentioned on the CLAT 2022 result
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Category under which admission is sought
- Program of study (UG / PG)
- CLAT score 2022
- CLAT All India Rank (AIR)
- CLAT 2022 category rank (CR)
The exam officials will prepare and issued the merit list for the CLAT exam 2022 based on marks obtained by candidates in the entrance exam. Those with higher scores are ranked higher in the CLAT merit list 2022. However, if two or more candidates score the same marks, the tie-breaker is used to decide the merit rank.
CLAT Merit List 2022 - Tie-breaking procedure
- The candidate who has a higher score in the “Legal Aptitude” section of CLAT 2022 will be placed higher in the merit list
- If this step, the candidate who is senior in age will get a higher rank
- If the tie is still undecided, a computerized draw of lots will be used to decide the merit rank of such candidates.
The CLAT exam 2022 cut off will be released by all participating NLUs separately. The Cutoff of CLAT 2022 will be the minimum marks (or lowest rank) for which admissions into an NLU is offered. The various parameters on which CLAT cutoff 2022 would depend include - the number of applications received for admission, sanctioned seat intake, the performance of applicants in the entrance exam, etc.
Below are the details of the previous year's cut-off of CLAT exam with the details like opening rank and closing rank.
CLAT previous year cut-offs (Year - 2021)
|Name of NLU||General (All India) CLAT UG||General (All India) - CLAT LLM|
|Opening rank||Closing rank||Opening rank||Closing rank|
|GNLU Gandhinagar||251||366||173||240 *GC-GUJ|
|CNLU Patna||677||1312||Does't accept CLAT LLM scores|
|NLU Odisha (Cuttack)||436||1072||364||796|
|DNLU Jabalpur||1290||1949||Doesn't accept CLAT LLM scores|
|NLU Sonipat||1033||2040||Doesn't accept CLAT LLM scores|
Previous years' CLAT cut-offs - 2019, 2018
|NLUs||2019 cut-offs (Open category)||2018 cut-offs open category|
|NLU Odisha Cuttack||465||953||564||1167|
|HPNLU Shimla||622||1471||Not available|
|DNLU Jabalpur||991||1447||Not available|
To decide what is a good score you have to first identify the NLU you want to get admission into. And the last rank (or cutoff rank) for which admission is offered in that institute can be considered to be a good score. That said the cutoff fluctuates depending on a host of parameters like seat intake, the performance of candidates in CLAT 2022 total applicants, and the CLAT merit rank of these applicants. So, you will be in the safe zone only if you score a little higher the past year's cutoff rank.
CLAT 2022 expected cut-off marks
|NIRF ranking||Name of college/university||Last rank||Marks|
|1||National Law School of India University||97||92.75|
|3||NALSAR University of Law||177||89.75|
|5||National Law University Jodhpur||323||86|
|6||The West Bengal National University of Juridicial Sciences||227||88.25|
|7||Gujarat National Law University||470||83.25|
|10||The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law||1012||77.5|
|11||Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University||738||80|
|14||National Law University Cuttack||1052||77.25|
|16||National Law University and Judicial Guwahati||1584||73.75|
|17||National Law Institute University, Bhopal||532||82.25|
Mode of Counselling: Online
Candidates who qualify in the exam are called for attending the CLAT counselling which is being conducted in online mode. For appearing in the CLAT 2022 counselling, all eligible candidates are issued CLAT 2022 counselling call letters in online mode.
The consortium invites candidates equivalent to five times the seat intake in each category for the counselling process. The registration process for CLAT counselling 2022 started on June 25, 2022, and closed on June 27, 2022. Eligible candidates could register for counselling, wherein they have to select/edit NLU preferences and pay the counselling fee of Rs. 30,000 (Rs 20,000 for reserved category candidates).
The allotment of CLAT seats is made on the basis of the merit rank of the candidate and NLU preference selected. The consortium has released the CLAT 2022 seat allotment result on June 30, 2022. Note that the Upgrade option is available for all rounds except the last round.
Post Round 5 seat allotment, the candidate has two options before him:
- Accept the allotted seat
- Exit the admission process.
To accept a seat, the candidate will have to pay the NLU fees and complete admission formalities. However, if the candidate is unhappy with the allotted seat, they may exit the admission process without paying the admission fee.
Top Law University in India
Documents Required at Counselling
- Printout of CLAT application form
- CLAT admit card 2022
- CLAT score card 2022
- Class 10th marksheet (for date of birth rroof)
- Class 12th marksheet (academic qualification)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Specially-abled certificate (if applicable)
- NRI certificate (if applicable)
- Sponsored NRI certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:When will the application form of CLAT 2022 be released?
CLAT 2022 application form was released on January 1, 2022. The last date to apply for CLAT 2022 was May 09, 2022. The application correction window for OBC candidates was open till May 30, 2022.
Question:What is the eligibility for CLAT 2022 UG?
As per the eligibility criteria of CLAT, the candidate should have completed Class 12 from a recognized board with a minimum 45 per cent marks (40 per cent for SC/ST category candidates). There is no age limit for appearing in the CLAT examination.
Question:When will the CLAT 2022 exam be conducted?
The CLAT 2022 exam was conducted on June 19, 2022, in offline mode.
Question:What are the changes introduced in the CLAT exam pattern?
The changes in new CLAT exam pattern include reducing the number of questions from 200 to 150. Now, the questions asked in the exam will be a comprehension type. The postgraduate question paper will have 120 MCQs; the descriptive section has been dropped.
Question:What law courses are offered after cracking CLAT exam?
There are various UG and PG courses that are offered through CLAT, these include, BA LLB, BBA LLB, BCom LLB, BSc LLB, LLM specialisation etc.
Question:How many college participate in Common Law Admission Test?
There are 22 national law universities that are participating institutes of CLAT. All the 22 NLUs offer 5-year LLB courses, whereas 19 of them offer one-year LLM programme.
Note that in addition to the NLUs, there are many other CLAT affiliated institutes and other colleges that offer admissions on the basis of CLAT scores. The difference between then the NLUs is that they may also use other exam scores like AILET. Further, they don't take part in the CLAT counselling process conducted by the consortium of NLUs.
Question:What is the full form of CLAT?
The full form of CLAT is Common Law Admission Test. CLAT is conducted for admission to national law universities of India.
Question:When will be the CLAT answer key be released?
The CLAT 2022 answer key was released soon after the examination. The answer key will be released for both the undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Question:I am studying in class 12 exam, can I appear in CLAT 2022?
Yes, if you are appearing in Class 12 in April/May, you are eligible to appear in the CLAT UG examination 2022.
Question:How many seats are offered by National Law Universities through CLAT?
At the UG level, the exam authorities will offer around 2,801 seats. For LLM courses, the colleges/universities have a combined intake of 1,072 seats.
Question:Will CLAT 2022 be postponed due to board exams?
No, CLAT 2022 was held as per the scheldule.
Questions related to CLAT
what are the topics of maths comes in clat exam?
Along with Mathematics/Quantitative techniques, I am going to mention down the topics of other sections of CLAT and reference material for them :-
>>>>> Questions based on sets of facts or propositions, graphs, or other textual, pictorial, or diagrammatic representations of numerical information, followed by a series of questions.
Books to be used :-
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Elementary Mathematics with Numerical Ability
- Class 10th NCERT Textbook
>>>>> Comprehension-type passage-based questions and passages of around 450 words will be taken from contemporary / historically significant fiction & non-fiction writing.
Resources to be used :-
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
- English newspaper - The Hindu or The Indian Express
- Editorials and articles given in newspapers and magazines
@General Knowledge and Current Affairs
>>>>> Comprehension-type passage-based questions - Static general knowledge and current affairs and also based on News, journalistic sources, and non-fiction writing
Resources to be used :-
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Newspapers - The Hindu or The Indian Express or any other good newspaper
- Websites on current affairs for CLAT and UPSC Civil Services
- NCERT books for understanding basic geography, history, polity and economics
>>>>> There will be comprehension-type passage of around 450 words each followed by objective type questions and the questions are based on fact situations or scenarios involving legal matters, public policy questions, or moral philosophical inquiries.
Books to be used :-
- Bare Acts of Indian Constitution
- Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj
- Universal’s CLAT Guide
- Newspapers - The Hindu or The Indian Express
- Websites on current affairs for CLAT and legal issues
>>>>> Questions based on sets and arguments, puzzles, diagrams, relationships and others based on the given passage of around 300 words .
Books to be used :-
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
For more details kindly check out the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.
I got a rank of 9000 in CLAT 2022 and i have been selected for HPNLU.Is there any chance that this can be upgraded?
Congratulations on making it to Himachal Pradesh National law University (HPNLU), Shimla.
Yes! You can opt for an upgradation in the second or third merit list. In case a seat in your preference list which is upper than HPNLU is vacated, you will be eligible for an automatic upgradation
Note: please opt for upgradation option instead of lock option during counselling. This will make sure that you get the upgraded vacated seat if there is one.
I hope this information helps you! Best of luck!
registration for ipu through clat but nhi ho rha admission
There are admissions which do happen in IPU through CLAT scores. However, there are certain cases in which your admission might not happen. It may be possible that your score might be too low to get through any college. Another reason might be that you did not fill the preference properly or did not fill them at all. It is advisable to check the list properly.
Hope this helps.
I Got AIR 859 in SC CATEGORY For Clat but i didnot got selected in First phase councelling do i have any chances for other 3 rounds to get into any of NLUs ? For 2020
Please confirm if you got an All India Rank of 859 in general category or Rank 859 in scheduled caste category? I would need you to mention your all India rank in general category to tell you the previous year cutoffs. This will thus function as a general trend to compare your chances.
However, you must know that these previous year cutoffs are merely indicative and not predictive. The cut-offs depend on many factors which change from year to year.
Please get back with the requisite information so that I could help you.
I hope this helps! Best of luck!
my all india obc rank in clat is 2158 , can i get any nlu?
Looking at the previous year CLAT Cutoff for OBC category student, in order to get into some good NLU's, you must get a rank of within 500 in CLAT examination. For OBC Category student, ypou have to score a minimum marks of around 85-90 marks in CLAT for good NLU's .
furthermore, please note that the above mentioned prediction is totally based on the previous year Cutoff which may vary every year.
TO know more about the Previous year CLAT Cutoff, you can follow the below mentioned link to know more : https://law.careers360.com/articles/clat-cutoff
Further, you can also know your admission chances by following the CLAT College predictor tool by following the link below : https://law.careers360.com/clat-college-predictor
I hope that this will help.