Stay up-to date with CLAT News
About CLAT 2022
CLAT 2022 - The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) has re-opened the application correction window for all candidates who have selected OBC category till May 30, 2022. During this period, the OBC candidates will be allowed to review their CLAT application form and change their wrongly answered question - 'Do you belong to Non-Creamy layer?” from no to yes. The Consortium of NLUs will conduct the CLAT 2022 exam on June 19 (2 pm to 4 pm), in offline mode. CLAT 2022 will be a two-hour-long test, consisting of 150 objective type questions.
Also Read | CLAT Marks vs Rank Analysis 2022
CLAT 2023 - The Consortium of NLUs will conduct the CLAT 2023 on December 18, 2022, in offline mode. The CLAT 2023 application form will be released tentatively in the month of October, at its official website - consortiumofnlus.ac.in. The CLAT application fee is Rs 4,000 (Rs 3,500 for SC and ST candidates).
Important for CLAT aspirants | What is a good score in CLAT?
CLAT 2022 application form edit option open till May 30 - Check here
What is CLAT?
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level law entrance exam for admission to 22 national law universities and more than 70 affiliated colleges. The exam is conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) in offline, pen and paper format. Candidates who pass the examination will be eligible for admission to 5-year integrated LLB and LLM programmes offered by the participating national law universities.
CLAT 2022 - Events
CLAT 2022 official notification
|The consortium has released the official notification for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) - 2022. The official notification informs about eligibility criteria and CLAT important dates.|
CLAT application form 2022
|The registration window has been closed on May 09. The application edit option is open till May 30.|
CLAT 2022 admit card
|The consortium will issue CLAT admit card 2022 a few weeks before the examination. The admit card will be available for download at the CLAT login portal.|
CLAT 2022 exam details
|The offline based CLAT 2022 has been rescheduled, it will now be conducted on June 19, 2022, not on May 08, as announced earlier. It will have multiple-choice questions on subjects like general knowledge, current affairs, legal and logical reasoning and quantitative ability.|
The PG-CLAT will have questions on common subjects of the LLB programme.
CLAT post-exam activities
|After the conduct of the examination, the consortium will release the CLAT 2022 answer key and result. candidates shortlisted based on CLAT results will be invited for counselling.|
CLAT Syllabus and Question Paper Format
Candidates who wish to appear in CLAT 2022 should be aware of the syllabus and pattern for the examination. The CLAT 2022 syllabus consists of five sections as mentioned below.
- General knowledge and current affairs
- English comprehension
- Legal aptitude and knowledge
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative aptitude
Under each section, the CLAT paper will have comprehension based questions, each paragraph followed by 4-5 multiple choice type questions. Total 150 questions will be asked in CLAT 2022, for which, candidates will be given 2 hours to answer all questions. Last year, 29 comprehension passages were given in the CLAT question papers, making it a lengthy and time-consuming test paper (READ: CLAT previous year exam analysis) for the candidates.
CLAT Highlights: Registered candidates, intake, NLUs
|CLAT Registration*||To be notified|
Expected registrations - 70,000
|Number of Registered Candidates - 70,277|
No of appeared candidates - 62,107
|Number of Registered Candidates - 75,183|
No of appeared candidates - 59,443
|Number of seats offered||CLAT UG - 2,801|
CLAT LLM - 1,072
|5-year integrated LLB programs - 2622 seats|
LLM program - 808 seats
|5-year integrated LLB programs - 2622 seats|
LLM program - 808 seats
|Participating institutes||CLAT UG - Undergraduate courses are offered by all the twenty-two (22) participating NLUs|
CLAT PG - Postgraduate courses are available at nineteen (19) NLUs.
To check the list of national law universities - Click here
To check the NLU-wise list of courses - Click here
|Highest marks||To be notified||CLAT UG - 125.5/150|
CLAT PG - 85.75/120
|CLAT UG - 127.25/150|
CLAT PG - 72/120
CLAT 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Common Law Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||CLAT|
|Conducting Body||Consortium of NLUs|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||4000 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||2801 Seats|
CLAT 2022 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
12 May, 2022 - 30 May, 2022
Application Correction - Last date to edit application form (OBC candidates)) | Mode: Online Ongoing
19 Jun, 2022
Exam | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
11 May, 2022
Application Correction - Last date to edit application form - Start Date | Mode: Online
01 Jan, 2022 - 09 May, 2022
Application | Mode: Online
The Consortium of NLUs has prescribed the eligibility criteria for both CLAT UG and CLAT PG. The eligibility criteria of CLAT 2022 include academic and age requirements which have been elucidated below.
|Particular ||CLAT UG ||CLAT LLM |
|Educational qualification||Class 12 or an equivalent examination from a recognised board or institution||Graduation in Law or any other equivalent qualification recognised by the Bar Council of India|
Minimum marks required in qualifying exam
General, OBC, PWD, NRI, PIO, OCI candidates
|45% marks or equivalent grade||50% marks or equivalent grade|
|SC and ST candidates||40% marks or equivalent grade||45% marks or equivalent grade|
|Age limit||No age limit||No age limit|
CLAT 2022 eligibility criteria for candidates appearing in qualifying examination
Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination (Class 12 for CLAT UG and LLB final year for CLAT LLM) are also eligible to appear in the examination.
However, they must submit evidence of passing the qualifying examination (mark sheet/certificate/provisional certificate) during CLAT counselling and seat allotment. In case the candidate fails to provide documents in support of his/her qualification, he/she will be declared ineligible for admission, irrespective of CLAT results.
Key points to note regarding CLAT 2022 eligibility criteria
- Candidates need to confirm their eligibility before filling out the form.
- If a candidate doesn't meet the CLAT eligibility criteria 2022, then he or she can be disqualified at any stage of the admission process.
- The information shared by the candidate at the time of filling the CLAT 2022 application form will be checked at the time of the document verification process, which is an integral part of the counseling process.
- Admission process : Simply meeting the CLAT exam eligibility criteria is no guarantee of admissions. Admission or allotment of seats will be strictly based on CLAT 2022 merit rank.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The CLAT Consortium has re-opened the CLAT application correction window till May 30, 2022 for All India Candidates who have selected OBC category. The CLAT registration 2022 commenced on January 1, 2022. The application correction window is available at consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
CLAT application form correction window for OBC (non-creamy layer)
Candidates who have already regitered for CLAT 2022 will be able to make edit and review their application form till May 30, 2022. Steps to update the OBC non-creamy layer wrongly answered question:
- Login to your CLAT account
- Click on edit application
- In the personal information tab, answer the ‘Do you belong to Non-Creamy layer?’ appropriate
- Then go the reservation tab and review and update your reservations as required
- Finally click on the submit button and save your changes
- Candidates can also review their applications under the section 'University Reservation Categories' for all the NLUs they have applied.
CLAT application form correction window
Candidates who have already registered for CLAT 2022 will be able to submit the registration fee till May 11, 2022. During this period, such candidates can also edit their CLAT application form and make the necessary corrections. Candidates will also be able to update their exam centre preferences.
How to fill CLAT Application Form 2022?
- Registration: To register, enter your name, email id, mobile number, and other details.
- Fill in relevant details: Here enter personal, academic, and contact details. You will also be required to select the program of study (UG or PG), and enter preferred NLUs in the order of priority from the drop-down menu.
- Upload documents: Scanned copies of signature, photograph, and other documents in the prescribed specification (refer to the table below) have to be uploaded.
CLAT 2022 Document Specification
Image size (maximum)
State domicile certificate
- Application fee: Depending on the category of the candidate, the application fee may vary as shown in the table below.
General/ OBC/PwD/NRI/PIO//OCI category
Important points to remember
- During the document verification process of CLAT counselling 2022, all details entered in the form will be verified. Exam officials will demand originals of all essential documents to be produced before them. In case of any inconsistency in the information shared in the application form, the candidate may be disqualified.
- Also, simply meeting the eligibility criteria is no guarantee for admission, as the final CLAT seat allotment 2022 will be based on the merit rank of the candidate in the online exam.
CLAT Previous year Registration Statistics
Question 1: How many candidates appeared for CLAT 2021?
Ans: As per data released by the consortium, a total of 53, 574 candidates appeared in the undergraduate, and over 8,000 candidates appeared in the postgraduate exams of CLAT 2021.
Question 2: How many candidates registered for CLAT 2021?
Ans: 75,183 candidates registered for the exam.
Watch - How to fill CLAT application form 2022
|ST, SC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 3500|
|OBC, General||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 4000|
|OBC, General, EWS||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 4000|
Current affairs, including general knowledge
Sometimes the candidate may need a little assistance in their CLAT exam preparation to get over the line. Like the candidate may want to know about some tools that can assist them to improve accuracy or improve speed.
CLAT 2022 Preparation Tips
- Candidates need to be well-versed with the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Practice sufficient mock tests and sample papers to edify learning and to hone problem-solving skills.
- CLAT aspirants are also advised to follow a proper timetable for preparation.
- Candidates should choose books that are easy to follow, meet the quality standards, and contain lots of practise material to prepare for the exam.
- Regular revision is the key to scoring good marks in exams.
- Maintaining equanimity is crucial for effective preparation. To achieve that stay in the moment, instead of flying into the future or pondering the past.
CLAT 2022 last-week and exam-day tips
- Solve sample papers: The last most should involve extensive solving of CLAT sample papers 2022. While in the preliminary phases of the CLAT exam preparation one may solve one sample paper a week, the number in the last month and weeks can be increased. One may solve as many sample papers as possible.
- Mock test: The idea of CLAT mock tests 2022 is to get an exam-like experience, which may include a pressure-cooker situation. Considering the exam will be now conducted in online mode, mock tests will help the candidate to understand navigation, how questions are presented, how questions can be answered, and manage time. Note that there will be 150 multiple choice questions that have to be answered in 120 minutes. This means speed and accuracy will be important qualities for success in the exam.
- Don't study new topics close to the exam: Unless you are thoroughly done with what you have already taken up, better don't get entangled in new topics, because it will eat into your last phase of exam preparation. Remember the last phase is all about acceleration, which includes doing fast revision, solving sample papers, and taking mock tests. But if you bring in new topics, you will break the flow; also note that new topics will take more time to master, which you can ill afford at this stage.
- How to answer the CLAT question paper 2022: The questions asked in the CLAT exam 2022 can be placed in three groups: easy, moderate, and difficult. It is recommended that the candidate starts with easy questions, before answering moderate and difficult questions. Also, if one gets stuck with a difficult question, better not spend too much time on it, but instead move on to the next question.
- Stay composed even in difficult situations during exams: Sometimes the question paper may turn out to be more difficult than expected, or you may not be able to answer an easy-looking question. In those situations, it is important to keep one's cool and not get rattled. Take a deep breath and move on to the next question.
Also read | Last minute preparation tips to ace CLAT 2022 exam
CLAT UG Sample Papers - Based on new CLAT exam pattern
Download CLAT subject wise sample papers
|CLAT sample papers for quantitative ability||Download here|
|CLAT Logical reasoning sample papers||Download here|
|CLAT Sample Paper for General Knowledge and English||Download here|
|CLAT Legal Reasoning Sample Paper||Download here|
CLAT 2022 best books for exam preparation
When preparing for CLAT exam 2022, it is important to have a dependable and high-quality study material. The CLAT best books 2022 will be those that are easy to understand, and contain few to no errors, including problem sets and instructions.
CLAT Exam Reference Books
Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis, High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin, Objective General English by RS Aggarwal, Barron’s Pocket Guide to Vocabulary
Universal’s CLAT Guide, Bare Acts of Indian Constitution, Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj, LexisNexis Butterworths
Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal, Class 10th NCERT Textbook
Current affairs, including general knowledge
Lucent’s GK, Manorama Year Book, Competition Success Review
India Year Book, and Pratiyogita Darpan.
Also read leading newspapers like Hindu, Indian Express
Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey, Analytical and Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal,
Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
CLAT 2021 toppers interview, rank, marks
CLAT Toppers 2021
Karthik J Lal
|Utkarsh Panda||53||105.75||Click Here|
|Shristy Chhaparia||57||105.5||Click Here|
CLAT 2020 toppers interview
The CLAT consortium has made some changes to the exam pattern by dropping the descriptive section from CLAT PG; so the postgraduate paper will have only MCQs. The undergraduate paper will continue to have MCQs. The question paper will be consist of comprehension passages, with each passage followed by 4-5 Questions. The updated CLAT 2022 exam pattern is given below.
CLAT Exam pattern 2022
|Type of questions||Objective type test|
|Total number of question||CLAT UG - 150 MCQs|
|CLAT PG - 120 MCQs |
(No essay section in CLAT PG)
|Maximum marks||CLAT UG - 150 |
CLAT PG - 120
|Exam duration||2 hours|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
Browse Law Colleges by Location
- Law Colleges in Pune
- Law Colleges in Mumbai
- Law Colleges in Bangalore
- Law Colleges in Delhi
- Law Colleges in Chennai
- Law Colleges in Kolkata
- Browse All Law Colleges in India
Watch - CLAT syllabus for UG Law
Candidates appearing in CLAT 2022 should solve a good number of mock tests during their preparation. There are multiple benefits of taking the CLAT mock test 2022:
- Mock tests contain similar types of questions to those asked in the exam. So, solving these problems will help candidates judge the difficultly level of CLAT 2022 and plan accordingly.
- The success in mock tests can be indicative of exam readiness or lack of it. If readiness is lacking, one may need to pull up one's socks and try harder.
- Doing well in mock tests would also give the candidate lot of confidence to carry to the actual exam.
- CLAT mock tests will teach the candidate time management skills and also how to wriggle out of a tricky problem by keeping a cool head.
- Effective prioritizing of questions is an art that can be cultivated by solving the CLAT mock test. Students who master this art will be able to lock down all the sure-shot questions first, before moving on to tricky and not-so-sure questions.
How to take CLAT 2022 mock tests?
- Click on the mock test link ( Click here )
- A login window will open
- Enter user id and password
- On login, a dashboard will be displayed
- Click on the mock test link to start the test
- Go through all the instructions, and terms and conditions
- Take the mock test.
Candidates by solving CLAT question papers can strengthen their conceptual understandings and improve problem-solving skills.
CLAT previous year papers
Candidates should also solve all previous year CLAT papers, especially those based on the new exam pattern. The previous year's papers would also be helpful in understanding the type of questions asked in the examination and topics that appear frequently in the test paper. While registering for CLAT, candidates may purchase the question papers on payment of Rs 500. However, the official question papers of CLAT at FREE of COST are provided below.
To download CLAT previous year's question papers - Click here
The Consortium of NLUs will release the CLAT admit card 2022 a few days before the examination. To download the CLAT admit card, candidates have to log in by entering their mobile number and password. On exam day, the applicant needs to carry with them the admit card of CLAT 2022 without fail, along with a valid photo ID proof.
Details mentioned on CLAT admit card 2022
The CLAT admit card would carry such details as the name and address of the exam venue, date and time of the CLAT 2022 entrance exam, and roll number of the candidate. Candidates are also advised to carefully go through all the exam day guidelines mentioned on the admit card to stay out of trouble.
How to download the CLAT admit card 2022?
- Visit the official website of the CLAT consortium
- Click on CLAT admit card link (Will be available once the admit card is released)
- A login window will open
- Enter your registration or application number and password
- The CLAT admit card will be displayed on screen in downloadable pdf format
- Download the admit card and take a printout
CLAT 2022 Exam Guidelines
As per the guidelines, the candidate has to report to the CLAT 2022 exam centre at least an hour before the commencement of the exam. Also, after 15 minutes after the commencement of the CLAT exam, no candidate will be allowed fresh entry.
To take the test, the candidate has to display a printout of the admit card and a valid and original photo ID proof.
No baggage counter
There will be no baggage counter at the exam venue and candidates will be solely responsible for the safe keep of their belongings. So, it is advisable not to carry non-essential items to the centre.
If the candidate wants, they may visit the exam centre to check out the location, travel route, distance and traffic situation. However, but no candidate will be allowed beyond the main entrance gate, except on exam day and that too only on producing the admit card and photo ID.
Important items to carry to CLAT exam hall
Blue/Black Ball Pen
Any original photo ID proof issued by the Government.
Transparent water bottle.
Own mask, gloves and personal hand sanitiser.
Disability certificate for PWD candidates
CLAT exam day - Things to avoid
Electronic/communication devices such as mobile phones
Any kind of watch, calculator, headphones, etc.
Sheets of paper including blank sheets are not allowed inside the examination hall.
Candidates may also note that the consortium or the security staff at the exam centre will not be held responsible for the loss and damage of any property/gadgets of candidates.
CLAT 2022 - Proper conduct during the exam
Candidates will not be allowed to seek clarifications from anybody while the test is ongoing.
Candidates found indulging in malpractice like cheating or assisting other candidates will be disqualified and legal action will be initiated against such candidates.
COVID-19 safety guidelines
Any candidate who has tested COVID-19 positive and is under medical surveillance or in isolation, the candidate won't be allowed to appear in the CLAT 2022 exam.
The candidate has to bring their own masks and sanitisers. They also need to follow COVID-19 safety precautions, like maintaining social distancing, wearing masks, and
Candidates must produce a duly filled and signed medical self-declaration to the administrative staff at the entrance.
CLAT 2022 admit card related instructions
The CLAT 2022 exam centre allotted to the candidate cannot be changed.
The admit card and a valid photo ID proof are mandatory for entry into the exam venue.
The candidate is required to put their signature on the CLAT admit card 2022 in the presence of the Invigilator. Also, the signature must be identical to the one uploaded in the CLAT application form.
CLAT 2022 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Tirupathi Naidu Palli|
Documents Required at Exam
- CLAT admit card
- An identity proof in original (Driving License/Aadhaar Card/PAN Card)
The provisional answer key of CLAT 2022 will be released in online mode. By consulting keys given in the provisional CLAT answer key, the candidate can calculate the number of questions they managed to respond to correctly. Using the CLAT official marking scheme, the candidate will be able to calculate the probable score, and in turn their chances of admission (use previous years' cutoff data for the purpose).
Any candidate who has any objections regarding any of the key (s) is allowed to file objections. Authorities, after considering all complaints will release the final answer key for the CLAT exam 2022. The keys given in the final CLAT answer key are considered to be the final authority or correct answers to questions asked in the exam.
CLAT Question Paper & Answer Key - Previous Year's
|Question Paper||Answer Key (Final)||Question paper||Answer Key (Provisional)||Answer Key (Final)|
|5-year Law Programme||Series A||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series B||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series C||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series D||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|LLM Programme||Series A||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series B||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series C||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Series D||Click here||Click here||Click here|
How to calculate marks using CLAT answer key 2022
As per the official marking scheme of CLAT 2022, every correct answer will fetch 1 mark, while for an incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted. Use the following formula to calculate probable scores.
CLAT Scores = Total numbers of Correct options*1 - Total number of incorrect responses*0.25
For e.g. If the number of correct answers is 100 and incorrect answers is 40 then the total marks will be calculated as-
Total CLAT Marks = (100*1) - (40*0.25)
Therefore; Total marks = 100 - 10 = 90
Given the pandemic situation, the last year's CLAT was conducted in online mode. As per feedback received from candidates who appeared in the exam and analysis released by various coaching institutes, the test was lengthy and the difficulty level was moderate to difficult. Check the CLAT analysis for the UG paper.
CLAT Exam Analysis
|Section||Good Attempts||Level of Difficulty||Remarks||No. of Passages|
|English Language||22 +||Moderate||Some very typical Passages that many would have found difficult to comprehend.|
There were also straight questions about Vocabulary, Figures of Speech and Idioms/Phrases.
Surprisingly, there were no questions testing English Grammar.
|Logical Reasoning||25 +||Moderate||The section was on expected lines with more weightage given to Critical Reasoning|
Only a few questions coming from Analytical Reasoning.
The passages were from Current Events, making the overall understanding of the passage a lot better.
The answer options though were close and students should have sound knowledge of CR concepts to crack it.
|Legal Aptitude||20 +||Moderate||This Section was on the expected lines with a lot of passages covering the Current News around Legal Affairs.|
The section also expected you to have a basic idea of the important legal terms for a better understanding of the Questions.
Someone who was well-read with the current legal events would have found the passages quite familiar.
|Quantitative Techniques||5 +||Tough||As per the feedback received from students, this section was tricky and lengthy (even for those who are generally comfortable with numbers and calculations).|
One of the passages in QT might have some error as per the feedback from the students.
|General Knowledge||15 +||Tough||The section caught students off-guard.|
The reason being the section was Analytical and not factual.
Only someone who was well-read and had done a thorough analysis of the most important topics of the year could have got the right answers.
Events like NEP, COVID, UAE-Israel Peace Deal, Atmanirbhar Scheme etc. were covered in the exam.
|Overall||110 +||29 Passages|
The Consortium will declare the result of CLAT 2022 in online mode a few days after releasing the answer key. Candidates can access CLAT result 2022 by logging in using their registration/application number and date of birth. The result will contain important details like sectional and overall marks, and open and category (if applicable) rank obtained in the exam.
How to download CLAT result 2022?
- Click on the result link (updated on this page )
- In the CLAT login window, enter the registration/application number and date of birth
- The CLAT result 2022 would be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a printout of the result
Details mentioned on the CLAT 202 result
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Category under which admission is sought
- Program of study (UG / PG)
- CLAT score 2022
- CLAT All India Rank (AIR)
- CLAT 2022 category rank (CR)
The exam officials will prepare and issued the merit list for the CLAT exam 2022 based on marks obtained by candidates in the entrance exam. Those with higher scores are ranked higher in the CLAT merit list 2022. However, if two or more candidates score the same marks, the tie-breaker is used to decide the merit rank.
CLAT Merit List 2022 - Tie-breaking procedure
- The candidate who has a higher score in the “Legal Aptitude” section of CLAT 2022 will be placed higher in the merit list
- If this step, the candidate who is senior in age will get a higher rank
- If the tie is still undecided, a computerized draw of lots will be used to decide the merit rank of such candidates.
The CLAT exam 2022 cut off will be released by all participating NLUs separately. The Cutoff of CLAT 2022 will be the minimum marks (or lowest rank) for which admissions into an NLU is offered. The various parameters on which CLAT cutoff 2022 would depend include - number of applications received for admission, sanctioned seat intake, the performance of applicants in the entrance exam, etc.
Below are the details of the previous year's cut-off of CLAT exam with the details like opening rank and closing rank.
CLAT previous year cut-offs (Year - 2021)
|Name of NLU||General (All India) CLAT UG||General (All India) - CLAT LLM|
|Opening rank||Closing rank||Opening rank||Closing rank|
|GNLU Gandhinagar||251||366||173||240 *GC-GUJ|
|CNLU Patna||677||1312||Does't accept CLAT LLM scores|
|NLU Odisha (Cuttack)||436||1072||364||796|
|DNLU Jabalpur||1290||1949||Doesn't accept CLAT LLM scores|
|NLU Sonipat||1033||2040||Doesn't accept CLAT LLM scores|
Previous years' CLAT cut-offs - 2019, 2018
|NLUs||2019 cut-offs (Open category)||2018 cut-offs open category|
|NLU Odisha Cuttack||465||953||564||1167|
|HPNLU Shimla||622||1471||Not available|
|DNLU Jabalpur||991||1447||Not available|
What is a good score in CLAT 2022?
To decide what is a good score you have to first identify the NLU you want to get admission into. And the last rank (or cutoff rank) for which admission is offered in that institute can be considered to be a good score. That said the cutoff fluctuates depending on a host of parameters like seat intake, the performance of candidates in CLAT 2022 total applicants, and the CLAT merit rank of these applicants. So, you will be in the safe zone only if you score a little higher the past year's cutoff rank.
CLAT 2022 expected cut-offs
|NIRF ranking||Name of college/university||Last rank||Marks|
|1||National Law School of India University||97||92.75|
|3||NALSAR University of Law||177||89.75|
|5||National Law University Jodhpur||323||86|
|6||The West Bengal National University of Juridicial Sciences||227||88.25|
|7||Gujarat National Law University||470||83.25|
|10||The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law||1012||77.5|
|11||Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University||738||80|
|14||National Law University Cuttack||1052||77.25|
|16||National Law University and Judicial Guwahati||1584||73.75|
|17||National Law Institute University, Bhopal||532||82.25|
Mode of Counselling: Online
Candidates who qualify in the computer-based, online, centre based exam are called for attending the CLAT counselling which is being conducted in ONLINE mode. For appearing in the CLAT 2022 counselling, all eligible candidates are issued CLAT 2022 counselling call letters in online mode.
The consortium invites candidates equivalent to FIVE times the seat intake in each category for the counselling process. Eligible candidates need to register for counselling, wherein they have to select/edit NLU preferences and pay the counselling fee of Rs. 30,000 (Rs 20,000 for reserved category candidates).
The allotment of CLAT seats is made on the basis of the merit rank of the candidate and NLU preference selected. The consortium releases the CLAT 2022 seat allotment result separately for all three rounds. Note that the Upgrade option are available for only Round I and II.
Post Round III seat allotment, the candidate has TWO options before him:
- Accept the allotted seat
- Exit the admission process.
To accept a seat, the candidate will have to pay the NLU fees and complete admission formalities. However, if the candidate is unhappy with the allotted seat, they may exit the admission process without paying the admission fee.
Top Law University in India
Documents Required at Counselling
- Printout of CLAT application form
- CLAT admit card 2022
- CLAT score card 2022
- Class 10th marksheet (for date of birth rroof)
- Class 12th marksheet (academic qualification)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Specially-abled certificate (if applicable)
- NRI certificate (if applicable)
- Sponsored NRI certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:When will the application form of CLAT 2022 be released?
CLAT 2022 application form has been released on January 1, 2022. The last date to apply for CLAT 2022 was May 09, 2022. Candidates can edit their application form and submit the fees for CLAT 2022 by May 11, 2022. The application correction window for OBC candidates is open till May 30, 2022.
Question:What is the eligibility for CLAT 2022 UG?
As per the eligibility criteria of CLAT, the candidate should have completed the Class 12 from a recognized board with a minimum 45 per cent marks (40 per cent for SC/ST category candidates). There is no age limit for appearing in the CLAT examination.
Question:When will the CLAT 2022 exam be conducted?
The CLAT 2022 exam will be conducted on June 19, 2022, in offline mode.
Question:What are the changes introduced in the CLAT exam pattern?
The changes in new CLAT exam pattern include reducing the number of questions from 200 to 150. Now, the questions asked in the exam will be a comprehension type. The postgraduate question paper will have 120 MCQs; the descriptive section has been dropped.
Question:What law courses are offered after cracking CLAT exam?
There are various UG and PG courses that are offered through CLAT, these include, BA LLB, BBA LLB, BCom LLB, BSc LLB, LLM specialisation etc.
Question:How many college participate in Common Law Admission Test?
There are 22 national law universities that are participating institutes of CLAT. All the 22 NLUs offer 5-year LLB courses, whereas 19 of them offer one-year LLM programme.
Note that in addition to the NLUs, there are many other CLAT affiliated institutes and other colleges that offer admissions on the basis of CLAT scores. The difference between then the NLUs is that they may also use other exam scores like AILET. Further, they don't take part in the CLAT counselling process conducted by the consortium of NLUs.
Question:What is the full form of CLAT?
The full form of CLAT is Common Law Admission Test. CLAT is conducted for admission to national law universities of India.
Question:When will be the CLAT answer key be released?
The CLAT 2022 answer key will be released soon after the examination. The answer key will be released for both the undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Question:I am studying in class 12 exam, can I appear in CLAT 2022?
Yes, if you are appearing in Class 12 in April/May, you are eligible to appear in the CLAT UG examination 2022.
Question:How many seats are offered by National Law Universities through CLAT?
At the UG level, the exam authorities will offer around 2,801 seats. For LLM courses, the colleges/universities have a combined intake of 1,072 seats.
Question:Will CLAT 2022 be postponed due to board exams?
No, CLAT 2022 will be held as per the scheldule. As of now, there is no official announcement on CLAT postponement due to board exams. In case of postponement, the consortium will release a notification, so candidates are advised to keep following CLAT 2022 latest news and updates.
Questions related to CLAT
CLAT 2023 is on Dec 2022. so from which month current affair should i start preparing for it?
As CLAT 2023 is scheduled for December 2022 so you should start focusing on current affairs right now because in such entrance exams it is expected from candidate that the candidates should have proper knowledge of current affairs of at least 6-7 months till the date of examination so for your reference I am enlisting down the best books for CLAT preparation for all subjects :-
@GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Manorama Year Book
- General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
- Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning (English) by M K Pandey
- Quantitative Aptitude ebook (ALL Parts Solved) by R S Agarwal
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by Pearson
- Objective Legal Aptitude by Rs Agarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Arihant Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson's
- Objective General English by R S Aggarwal
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman
For complete information kindly check out the link given below :
I hope this information helps you.
How to study for Gk in one month for clat 2022?
- Conventionally, students are advised to study current affairs of last 12 months before exam month. So, if CLAT 2022 happens in May, one should prepare for current affairs from May 2021-April 2022. At the same time, static GK in the context of current affairs is also important, which has no set historical timelines
- Most commonly asked CA topics are - Government & politics, world news & forums, business-economy-trade, personalities, awards & honours, science & technology, aerospace- defence in the decreasing order of importance
- With the new CLAT pattern, Q will be passage based. Hence, knowing every event till the second level of detailing will be crucial. Also, static GK in the context of current affairs is important. For events related to above topics, ask ‘who’, ‘what’, ‘why’, ‘when’ and ‘when first/when last’ Q. You will learn almost everything about that event
- Rely on daily newspaper like THE HINDU and 1–2 websites like cloudaffairs/GKToday since they provide clubbing of event by topics. They also provide quizzes which should be used for revision & not preparation
- Create your own charts/flash cards with tables of relevant events. Exchange them with like minded & serious CLAT aspirants and ask quizzes in small groups. This will lead to better recall. Since you have almost 1.5 years ahead, start this practice early so that you will get used to it & start enjoying the process.
Hope this helps.
I want to give CLAT exam without coaching class.....
Yes, you can definitely give CLAT without any coaching, there are many who prepare for CLAT without any coaching and not only clear CLAT but make it to NLUs as well you can do the same provided you prepare with honesty and dedication.
Follow the below tips to prepare well for your clat examination:-
---------------------------------) Go well through your CLAT syllabus , don't leave any part just because you find it difficult or boring or you don't like it.You can get clat syllabus at https://law.careers360.com/articles/clat-syllabus
There are 5 subjects in your clat
current affairs including gk
Number of Questions
******* English Language
28 - 32
Current Affairs, including GK
35 - 39
******* Legal Reasoning
35 - 39
******* Logical Reasoning
28 - 32
******* Quantitative Techniques
13 - 17
******* English Language
******* Current Affairs including GK
******* Logical Reasoning
******* Legal Reasoning
******* Quantitative Techniques
>>>>>>>>> Understand the CLAT Examination pattern so that you can prepare accordingly.
******* Type of Questions
Objective/mcqs :- comprehension-based from given passages
******* Number of Questions
******* Total Marks
******* Marking scheme
For detailed examination pattern checkout:- https://law.careers360.com/articles/clat-exam-pattern
------------------------------------) Top books which you can follow for CLAT are listed below subject wise
>>>>> GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
*Manorama Year Book
*General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
*Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
>>>>> LOGICAL REASONING
*A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
>>>>> LEGAL REASONING
*Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by Pearson
*Objective Legal Aptitude by Rs Agarwal
>>>>> QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE
*Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Arihant Publications
*Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson's
*Objective General English by R S Aggarwal
*Word Power Made Easy by Norman
For detailed information about books for CLAT go through
------------------------------------) A major part of your Clat question paper are from the gk and current affairs section , so focus more on them, read news papers like The Hindu, Financial Express, and The Economist on daily basis to keep you updated
------------------------------------) Make a routine or a time table and religiously follow it , take short breaks in between your studies, studying continuously can be brain tiring and it becomes difficult to focus and study with concentration, so take breaks to relax and refresh your brain.
------------------------------------) Plan your studies, and set daily, weekly and monthly goals to cover the syllabus and meet them without any fail.
------------------------------------) Revise at regular intervals as syllabus is wide .
------------------------------------) Solve previous year CLAT questions :-it will let you know the examination pattern, type and difficulty level of questions asked in the exam etc
------------------------------------) Once done with complete syllabus, go through CLAT mock test papers , it will let you know your preparation level and and weak areas so that you can work on them and perform well in your CLAT examination
For more preparation tips go through
preparing for clat 2022,suggest me the right book
List of some of the best books for the preparation of CLAT 2022 are the following
|Objective General English 2022||SP Bakshi|
Objective General English 2022
|The Pearson Guide to the CLAT||Pearson's|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|CLAT Guide||Tata McGraw-Hill|
CLAT 2022 G.K and Current Affairs
|General Knowledge 2021, 2020 and 2019||Arihant Publications|
|Current Affairs Yearly||Arihant Publications|
Manorama Year Book
|General Knowledge 2021||Lucent’s|
|General Knowledge 2021||Tarun Goyal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Pearson's|
|Quantitative Aptitude||RS Aggarwal|
|Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|Verbal Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning (English)||MK Pandey|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|A New Approach to Verbal and Analytical Reasoning||Arihant|
Hope this information will help you
if I get AIR3000 in CLAT 2022 can I get into hnlu and I have chhattisgarh domicile plz help
You haven't mentioned if you are enquiring about Under Graduate or Post Graduate course. Based on the information available in your profile we consider that you are seeking admission to Under Graduate course. Last year a candidate with rank 4300 belonging to General category (Home state quota) secured admission to Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur. As you haven't mentioned your category we assume that you belong to general category. Considering the cut off you will have decent chances of getting seat in HNLU in Under Graduate course if you secure rank (AIR) 3000. But the cut off is subjected to change, it may increase or decrease depending on total number of candidates appeared, difficulty level of examination and total number of seats available etc.
To check the previous year cut off click on the link below