About HPNET 2019
HPNET or HPNLET, also known as Himachal Pradesh National Law University Entrance was an entrance examination conducted by Himachal Pradesh National Law University. HPNET 2019 was the basis on which applicants' admissions to the five year integrated B.A/ B.B.A. LL.B (Hons) was determined.
HPNLU now offers admissions into its law programmes through CLAT scores as the NLU has entered in the CLAT Consortium.
Erstwhile HPNET was a two-hour MCQ based entrance test which aimed to test candidates' legal awareness and reasoning abilities, general awareness, quantitative aptitude and english comprehension.
HPNLU offers 69 seats in its B.A LL.B programme.
|Exam level:||National Level Exam|
|Frequency:||Once a year|
|Conducting Body:||Himachal Pradesh Nationa Law University Shmila|
Download all details about HPNET 2019Download Brochure
HPNET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Himachal Pradesh National Law University will announce HPNET eligibility criteria 2019 in the third week of January 2019. The eligibility criteria states educational requirements and age limit according to different categories which the candidates must fulfil to be deemed suitable for HPNET 2019. Candidates are required to carefully go through the expected eligibility criteria of HPNET 2019 mentioned below and check if they are eligible to appear for the exam.
HPNET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
General/ OBC/ NRI and NRI sponsored categories/ Kashmiri migrants/ sponsored categories
- Candidates are required to have passed 10+2 or any equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- Candidates are required to have passed 10 +2 or any equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 45%.
For all Categories
- As per the order of Supreme Court on 3 March 2017, there is no age limit for law aspirants to apply for HPNET 2019
- Candidates who wish to apply for HPNLET 2019 must note that 10+2 from an open school/university without possessing a basic qualification will not be considered eligible for the HPNET 2019.
- As per HPNLET eligibility criteria 2019, candidates willing to appear for HPNET 2019 but having their qualification exams in the months of March/ April 2019 will also be eligible to appear for the test.
HPNET 2019 Application Process
Himachal Pradesh National Law University is likely to release HPNET application form 2019 in the third week of January 2019. The last date to fill the application form will be in the last week of April 2019. The mode of application process and fee payment will be online. To know how to fill HPNET application form, refer to the steps below.
How to Fill HPNET 2019 Application Form
- Click on the official link to register with HPNLU.
- Fill in valid email ID and password in the registration form.
- After the login process, a window named “Application Locker” will show on candidate’s screen. From the window, choose Himachal Pradesh National Law University from the list of colleges given.
- Candidates need to choose application form of HPNET 2019 and click on apply.
- While filling the application form, candidates will have to upload scanned copies of photographs and signatures. These documents should be between 10 KB to 100 km. The candidate must ensure that his/her face covers 75% of his/her photograph.
- Click on the submit button to save all the form details.
- To proceed with the fee payment process, candidates will have to go back to the application locker.
- Click on “Make Payment”
- Candidates will be required to choose “Mode of Payment.” Verify the amount to be paid and click on proceed.
- Candidates can choose any of the following as modes of payment – credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
HPNET 2019 Syllabus
|General knowledge||Current affairs|
|Legal aptitude||Legal awareness|
HPNET 2019 Preparation Tips
Candidates can refer to the below listed preparation tips for HPNET 2019.
- Candidates should go through the exam pattern of HPNET 2019 to get an idea of the question paper structure, types and number of questions, total marks, duration, topics, and marking scheme. In this way, candidates will at least have a basic idea of what awaits them in HPNET 2019.
- They must also take note of the topics that are to be asked in the exam and prepare according to them. Candidates should map out a time table and assign equal time blocks for each of the topics. Using this time table, candidates can systematically study the topics.
- Candidates must also pick a few previous year question/ sample papers of HPNLET 2019. They should conduct mock test sessions for themselves and try to finish a paper within the same time period as assigned for the exams.
- After practising the sample papers, candidates must remember to evaluate themselves and see what their weak areas are. Along with working on these weak areas, candidates on the basis of their performance in the mock test sessions can also chart out a time management strategy suitable for them which they can use in exams.
- Candidates must study regularly and not leave their preparation for the last few days before the HPNET 2019.
- Candidates must also ensure that they eat and sleep well one day before the exam so that they are fresh and energetic throughout the exam.
HPNET 2019 Exam Pattern
Himachal Pradesh National Law University will announce HPNET exam pattern 2019 in third week of January 2019. The exam pattern states examination mode, question type, major topics, and weight age of HPNET 2019. The two hour long examination will be conducted in offline mode. The paper will consist of 150 questions and will be of 150 marks in total. One mark will be awarded for each correct answer while 0.25 marks are to be deducted for each incorrect answer. Candidates must also go through the below listed weight age for all the topics as per the exam pattern of HPNET 2019.
HPNET 2019 Exam Pattern – Weight Age
|English comprehension||30 marks|
|Quantitative aptitude||30 marks|
|General awareness||50 marks|
|Legal awareness and reasoning||40 marks|
HPNET 2019 Admit Card
Himachal Pradesh National Law University will release HPNET Admit card 2019 in the first week of May 2019 in online mode. The admit card will contain vital details of the candidate including candidate’s name, parents’ names, exam time, exam date, exam venue, programme appearing for, and so on. Candidates must carry a hard copy of the admit card to the exam hall along with valid ID proof, else he/she will not be allowed to sit for the exam. To check related details and how to download HPNET admit card, read below.
How to Download HPNET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can check below the steps through which they can download their admit card easily.
- Click on the official link for admit card.
- Upon clicking the link, the candidate will have to enter courses applied for, application number, and date of birth.
- After filling in the entries, candidate will need to click on the login button.
- Candidate’s admit card of HPNET 2019 will now appear before him in the screen.
- After checking if all the details on the admit card, candidate can download the admit card.
HPNET 2019 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Valid ID Proof
- Admit Card
HPNET 2019 Answer Key
Himachal Pradesh National Law university will release the final HPNET answer key 2019 in the last week of May 2019 after releasing the provisional answer key. The answer key will be released in online mode and will consist of correct answers to HPNET questions. Candidates can refer to HPNET answer key to cross-check answers. To check how to download answer key of HPNLET 2019 and file objections with the key, read below.
How to Download HPNET 2019 Answer Key
- Click on the official link of answer key for HPNET 2019.
Candidates will have to mention their names, roll nos., code number of the course, question booklet set number, serial no. of the questions and their keys in case they want to file objections.
HPNET 2019 Result
Himachal Pradesh National Law University is likely to release HPNET result 2019 for all categories in the first week of June 2019. The results of HPNET will be released online mode and will specify the candidate’s scores and qualifying status obtained in HPNET 2019. Candidates are required to download and save HPNET 2019 result till the time of admission for further references. To know more about result of HPNET 2019, read below.
How to Check HPNET 2019 Result
Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps to easily check and download their result.
- Click on the official link to check HPNLET result.
- Next, enter in the roll number allotted by the university.
- Upon entering the roll number, click on submit button.
- A new page will appear showing the result including qualifying status and scores of the candidate.
HPNET 2019 Cutoff
Himachal Pradesh National Law University is to release HPNET Cut off 2019 after the declaration of HPNET 2019 result. The cut offs indicate the minimum marks that a candidate must have obtained in HPNET 2019 to get admissions into HPNLU's five year integrated B.A LLB programme. HPNET cutoffs will be released for all categories including General, SC/ ST/ OBC, etc. The cut offs will be determined on the basis of factors like difficulty level of HPNET, number of candidates appearing for the exam, minimum marks scored in HPNET 2019, number of qualifying candidates, etc. Candidates can check HPNLU's cut offs from last year for all categories.
HPNET 2018 Cut off
|Categories||Cut off Marks (All India)||Cut off Marks (State)|
|Persons with Disabilities||38.25||11.25|
|Children/ widows of armed forces||68.25||57.75|
HPNET 2019 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Himachal Pradesh National Law University will start HPNET counselling 2019 in the first week of July 2019 and continue with it till the last week of July 2019. Candidates will be selected for counselling on the basis of ranks and merit obtained by them in HPNET 2019. The counselling session will be conducted in offline mode and shortlisted candidates will have to report to the counselling venue for the process. Candidates will have to submit official documents before the last day of counselling. Candidates can check the procedure of counselling for HPNLET 2019.
HPNET 2019 Counselling – Procedure
Following is a breakdown of HPNET counselling procedure in a nutshell.
- Candidates shortlisted for counselling will be sent call letters.
- As per the counselling schedule of HPNET 2019, candidates will have to report to the counselling venue with required documents.
- Candidates will have to get all the required documents verified in the counselling venue.
- Next, they will have to submit the application fees either online or offline.
- Candidates will finally have to confirm their seat.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Twelfth and tenth grade qualifying marksheet
- Date of birth proof (Tenth class mark sheet or any other evidence)
- Admit card
- Call letter
- Scheduled caste/ Scheduled Tribe caste certificate
- Character certificate
- Medical certificate
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
Questions related to HPNET
News and Articles
HPNET Cutoff 2019
HPNET Cutoff 2019 - Himachal Pradesh National Law University will announce HPNET 2019 C...
HPNET Answer Key 2019
HPNET Answer Key 2019 - HPNLU will release HPNET 2019 Answer Key in the third week of M...
HPNET Result 2019
HPNET Result 2019 - HPNLU will release HPNET 2019 Result in the first week of June 2019...
HPNET Exam Centres 2019
HPNET Exam Centres 2019 - HPNLU releases HPNET 2019 Exam Centres for BA LLB, LLM and Ph...
HPNET Counselling 2019
HPNET Counselling 2019 - HPNLU will start HPNET 2019 Counselling in the month of June 2...
HPNET Syllabus 2019
HPNET Syllabus 2019 - HPNLU releases HPNET 2019 Syllabus for law programmes like BA LLB...
HPNET Exam Pattern 2019
HPNET Exam Pattern 2019 – HPNLU will release HPNET 2019 Exam Pattern by the third week ...
HPNET Eligibility Criteria 2019
HPNET Eligibility Criteria 2019 – HPNLU will announce HPNET 2019 Eligibility Criteria b...
HPNET Application Form 2019
HPNET Application Form 2019 - HPNLU will announce the HPNET 2019 Application Form by th...
HPNET Admit Card 2019
HPNET Admit Card 2019 - HPNLU will release HPNET 2019 Admit card by the first week of M...