IIT Kharagpur LLB & LLM Entrance Exam 2021 (Postponed) - Dates, Application Form, Eligibility
IIT Kharagpur LLB Entrance Exam 2021 - IIT Kharagpur has postponed its LLB and LLM entrance exams due to COVID-19. The IIT Kharagpur LLB 2021 entrance exam and LLM entrance test were earlier scheduled to be held on May 09. The application form for both LLB and LLM was closed on March 31. The IIT Kharagpur LLB 2021 will be conducted in a computer-based format. The entrance exam will carry a weightage of 70% and the remaining 30% weightage will be given to the interview which will be conducted after the examination. The IIT Kharagpur LLB 2021 will have questions from sections such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logical Reasoning and Legal Aptitude, Mathematics, English. Meanwhile, the entrance exam for LLM will have questions from common subjects of 3-year LLB or 5-year LLB courses.
IIT Kharagpur conducts law entrance exams every year for admission to the 3-year LLB and LLM courses offered by Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property of Law (RGSIPL).
IIT Kharagpur LLB 2021 - Dates
February 25, 2021
Closure for Online Application
March 31, 2021
Date of Admit Card Issued
To be Announced Later
Date of Examination
Postponed (New dates Yet to announced)
Old date - May 09, 2021
IIT Kharagpur LLB Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates must have completed a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology/medicine or equivalent with First Class.
The candidate must have completed a masters degree in science or pharmacy or equivalent with first class.
The candidates must have a first-class MBA degree with any of the above.
IIT Kharagpur LLM Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidate must have completed graduation in a degree in LLB (3-year or integrated) from any recognised University.
Candidates who have completed LL.B (Hons.) in Intellectual Property Law from the IIT Kharagpur with a CGPA of 8.5 or above are also eligible for admission without appearing in the entrance exam.
IIT Kharagpur LLB Application Form 2021
The LLB and LLM application for IIT Kharagpur can be submitted in online mode. The application form has now been closed on March 31.
Candidates were required to submit the following documents while filling the IIT Kharagpur LLB application form 2021.
Category certificate (If applicable) - EWS.OBC (Non-creamy)/SC/ST/PD certificate
Degree certificates of the qualifying exam
IIT Kharagpur LLB Application Fees
For General/EWS/OBC Male/Transgender candidates - Rs.3,000/-
For all Female or SC/ST/PwD candidates - Rs.1,500/-
IIT Kharagpur LLB Pattern 2021
Candidates may check the exam pattern of IIT Kharagpur LLB and LLM 2021 below.
Exam pattern for IIT Kharagpur LLB and LLM 2021
Computer based test (CBT)
Type of questions
Total number of questions
LLB entrance test - Around 170
LLM entrance test - Around 120
LLB entrance test
LLM entrance test
One mark for each correct answer
LLB entrance test - 200
LLM entrance test - 120
IIT Kharagpur LLB Syllabus 2021
IIT Kharagpur LLM Syllabus 2021
This paper will contain questions on law. The important topics are mentioned below.
Law of Contract
Public International Law
Labour & Industrial Law
IIT Kharagpur LLB Result 2021
The institute will declare the result within a month of the examination. IIT Kharagpur will upload the list of the selected candidates on its official website. No separate result will be published. In addition, selected candidates will also be sent personal letters for the interview round. The same process will also be followed for the LLM result.
IIT Kharagpur LLB interview 2021
The interview will be a test of the candidate’s personality and ascertain his/her candidature. The IIT Kharagpur will inform about the LLB and LLM interview through personal letters. In the interview, the examiners may ask questions related to legal knowledge, current affairs, general knowledge, hobbies of the candidates, interest in the field of law etc. It will carry 30% weightage in the selection process.
IIT Kharagpur LLB Session 2021
The classes for IIT Kharagpur LLB 2021 are scheduled to begin in August 2021. The candidates will however be given admission only after the counselling during which they will have to submit the documents and certificates as per the instructions mentioned in the personal letter. To confirm admission, candidates will have to submit the fees prescribed for the course.
Other Top Law Entrance Exams Conducted in India
Banaras Hindu University 5-year LLB admission test
Allahabad University BA LLB 2021
Allahabad University LLB 2021
Common Law Admission Test 2021
Symbiosis Law Aptitude Test
Symbiosis Law 3-year LLB entrance test
All India Law Entrance Test of NLU Delhi
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - IIT Kharagpur LLB & LLM Entrance Exam 2021 (Postponed) - Dates, Application Form, Eligibility
Question: When will the IIT Kharagpur LLB entrance test be conducted?
The exam date for IIT Kharagpur entrance test will be notified soon. It was earlier scheduled to be held on May 08 but has been postponed due to COVID-19.
Question: What type of questions will be asked in IIT Kharagpur LLB 2021?
In IIT Kharagpur LLB 2021, around 170 multiple choice questions will be asked.
Question: How much weightage is given to the entrance exam in the selection process of IIT Kharagpur LLB?
In the selection process of IIT Kharagpur LLB 2021 selection process, 70% weightage will be given to the entrance exam, remaining 30% weightage will be given to the interview.
Question: What are the examination cities for IIT Kharagpur LLB entrance exam?
The IIT Kharagpur LLB entrance exam will be conducted in Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai.
Questions related to IIT Kharagpur
how can i join iit KHARAGPUR..
IIT Kharagpur is one of the most prestigious institutes in India. IIT Kharagpur currently holds NIRF rank of 5. To join iit Kharagpur you must appear in Joint entrance exam (JEE) which will be conducted in two stages prelims and mains. Once you qualify JEE Mains with required rank you will be able to join IIT Kharagpur for B.Tech or B.Arch and it is merit based for LLB courses. You can find more information on IIT Kharagpur in the link below. Hope this helps and Good luck
how can a hec student apply for ba llb in iit Kharagpur India. please give me some information and procedures about it
Amidst the law courses offered by Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur are LLB for which the eligibility criteria is passed graduation or post graduation in any discipline from a recognized university securing 60% marks for UR and OBC(6.5 CGPA in 10 point scale), there is relaxation of 5% for reserved categories, and there is LLM which is postgraduate degree in law and the eligibility criteria for the same is passed degree in law of five years or three years duration from a recognized university, There is no integrated law course such as BA-LLB here, if you want to go for integrated law course consider appearing for CLAT, AILET, LSAT, SET, BHU UET, TS LAWCET, AP LAWCET etc, check out the colleges offering BA-LLB at https://law.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-ba-llb-colleges-in-india
iit kharagpur rf and microwave engineering or iit guwahati communication engineering. which i should opt for mtech? how are the placements
If you are seeking the comparison from the view of placements then IIT Guwahati with M.Tech in Communication engineering will have slight higher edge because placement percentage and average package offered is little higher than that of M.Tech in RF and Microwave engineering. Average package offered in IIT Guwahati for the asked course is around 13 Lakhs for the asked course and average package offered in IIT Kharagpur is around 12 Lakhs for the asked course. So on the parameter of placement IIT Guwahati wins over IIT Kharagpur.
If we see from the point of campus and facilities then Being very old IIT, IIT Kharagpur has quite large campus of around 2100 acres and that of IIT Guwahati is around 705 acres.
Course fee is lesser for IIT Kharagpur than that of IIT Guwahati. You can check out detailed comparison from the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.
I have REGISTERED in IIT kgp through EWS category but didnt get one, and there is no edit option. Will my application be rejected?
Well it will surely not be rejected but if you have failed to provide the ews category certificate then you will be categorised as a general category candidate.
I hope this helps.
I have an integrated MSc economics degree (5 year course IIT KGP) Am I eligible to appear for Indian Economic Service Examination?? on this degree
As per the eligibility criteria of IES candidate need to pass postgraduate degree in economics/applied economics/econometrics/business economics from a recognized university, the age limit is 21 years to 30 years, relaxation is provided for reserved categories, candidates in their final year are also eligible to apply on provisional basis, so yes you're eligible to appear for IES with integrated MSc Economics, check out this year official notification at https://www.upsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/Notif-IESISS-2021-Engl-070421.pdf