About PU LLB Entrance 2020
Panjab University has released the application form for PU LLB 2020 entrance test, in online mode on May 1; the last date to register is October 1. The exam will be conducted on October 22 for admitting candidates to its 3-year law program; the test will be held at Chandigarh centre only. The university currently offers 480 seats at its four participating colleges. Admission to the law course will be based on the merit list which will be prepared giving equal weightage to PU LLB 2020 scores and performance in the qualifying exam. The PU LLB 2020 exam will be conducted in offline (OMR) based mode and will be of 90 minutes.
Candidates can take PU LLB 2020 exam in any of the three languages English, Hindi or Punjabi.
PU LLB Entrance 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Panjab University LLB Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||PU LLB Entrance|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Languages||English, Hindi +1 More|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2175 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Number of Seats||480 Seats|
PU LLB Entrance 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
01 May, 2020 - 01 Oct, 2020
Application - Registration date | Mode: Online Ongoing
01 May, 2020 - 05 Oct, 2020
Application - Last date for deposit of fee | Mode: Offline and Online Ongoing
01 May, 2020 - 09 Oct, 2020
Application - Last date for uploading of photograph, signature | Mode: Online Ongoing
15 Oct, 2020
Admit Card | Mode: Online
06 Oct, 2020 - 19 Oct, 2020
Late Fee Application - late fee of Rs. 500 | Mode: Online
22 Oct, 2020
Exam | Mode: Offline
09 Nov, 2020 - 12 Nov, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
The minimum conditions that candidates have to fulfill in order to be considered for admissions to the 3-year L.L.B programme is outlined in PU LLB 2020 eligibility criteria. As per PU LLB 2020 eligibility criteria, the candidates has to meet eligibility criteria pertaining to qualifying exam, minimum marks in the qualifying exam, and age limit.
PU LLB eligibility criteria 2020
- Qualifying exam: The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute
- Minimum marks: The applicant should have passed the qualifying exam scoring at least 45% aggregate marks. Relaxation of 5% in minimum marks is extended to reserved category candidates.
- Age limit: There is no upper age limit.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Other
The exam conducting body has released the application form of PU LLB on May 1, The PU LLB 2020 application form will be available in online mode and must be filled by eligible candidates before the last date. Also, only genuine information must be used, as sharing of false or misleading information can lead to disqualification.
How to fill PU LLB 2020 application form
- Registration - the candidate will have to enter name, valid email id and mobile number among other details to get registered successfully and to create applicant account
- Filling of the form - the application form will have various sections like personal, academic and academic, which have to be duly filled.
- Uploading of documents: The candidate has to next upload photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Payment of application fee: In the penultimate step, the application fee, which is category-specific, has to be paid.
- Submission of form: Submit the form to complete the application process.
|General, OBC||Offline||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 2175|
|SC, ST||Offline||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 1088|
|General, SC, ST, OBC||PWD||Offline||Female, Male||₹ 1088|
PU LLB Entrance 2020 Syllabus
Current affairs and general knowledge
Reasoning ability and knowledge of English
Candidates by consulting the exam pattern of PU 2020 will know what types of questions will be asked, the marking scheme, mode and duration of the exam, and other such details which can make preparation streamlined.
Exam pattern of PU LLB 2020
- The exam will be conducted in pen-and-paper (offline) mode. The candidate will be given OMR Answer Sheets where responses have to be recorded.
- The paper will be of 90 minutes duration
- Questions will be multiple choice type
- The paper will be available in English; Hindi and Punjabi (except for the portion“Reasoning Ability and Knowledge of English” and Legal Aptitude”). That being said, instructions will be given in English medium only.
- For marking answers, candidates have to use Black/Blue ball point pen.
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer carries 1 mark, while 1⁄4 marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- The use of calculator is not allowed inside the exam venue
Exam officials will release the admit card of PU LLB 2020 July 30, 2020. An important document for appearing in the PU LLB 2020 entrance exam, the admit card will carry such details like the name and roll number, date and time of the exam, and venue details. The candidate must with miss bring the admit card with them on the day of the exam.
How to download PU LLB admit card
- Click on the admit card download link
- Log-in by entering user ID and password
- The admit card will be displayed on screen
- Download and take a printout
PU LLB Entrance 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid identity proof (voter identity card/Aadhaar card/PAN card/driving license/identity card issued by a recognised college)
Punjab University will release the provisional answer key of PU LLB 2020 soon after conclusion of the exam. The PU LLB 2020 answer key will contain the answers to questions asked in the entrance exam. The candidate can compare their answers to those given in the answer key to calculate probable score and subsequently their chances of admission. The cutoff details of previous years' can be used for the purpose.
Any candidate who has any grievances against the PU LLB 2020 provisional answer key can file their complaints with the exam conducting body. Authorities will then go through all the grievances before publishing the final answer key of PU LLB 2020.
Exam officials will release the result of PU LLB 2020 on August 10-13, 2020. PU LLB 2020 result would contain details like the section-wise and overall marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam and also the qualifying status. A significant feature of the PU LLB result is exam officials will use scores of candidates in the exam to prepare PU LLB 2020 merit list, which will contain the merit ranks of candidates in descending order. PU LLB merit list 2020 would be used for counselling and seat allotment purpose.
How to check PU LLB result 2020
- Click on the result link
- Enter user id and password
- On successful log-in, the result would be displayed on screen
- Download and take a printout of the result.
PU LLB Entrance 2020 Cutoff
Panjab University will release the cut-off of PU LLB 2020 after the declaration of results and will be indicative of the last rank for which admission is offered. The PU LLB cut off 2020 will be category-specific and will be released separately for all the four participating colleges. Any candidate who scores (or ranks) below the cutoff score will typically be out of the race to get admission.
There are a number of factors on which PU LLB cutoff would depend including, the number of applicants, the performance of applicants in the entrance exam, sanctioned seat intake and the category of the candidate. If any of the variables changes, the cutoff would also change.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
The counselling schedule for PU LLB 2020 will be conducted post declaration of result and will be open to such candidates who have qualified in the pen-and-paper based exam. The PU LLB 2020 counselling will be conducted in offline mode, with the allotment of seats to be done as per the merit rank of the candidate and choices opted for admission. Consequently, candidates who are ranked higher in the merit list are more likely to be offered a seat or higher preference seat.
Candidates who qualifies for the counselling process will be issued counselling call letters which have to be produced at the time of counselling; so candidates need to download and get a printout of the call letter. Also, document verification is an integral part of the PU LB counselling process, wherein all candidates need to get their documents verified. In case of any discrepancy, the candidacy of the candidate may be cancelled.
PU LLB Entrance 2020 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- PU LLB score card
- Date of birth certificate or high school mark sheet with date of birth
- Marksheet/certificate of Class 10 and 12 examination
- Character certificate
- SC/ST/OBC categories must bring the caste/community certificate issued by the competent authority
- Medical certificate for physically challenged candidates
- Aadhaar card/passport/PAN card/voter ID card /driving license /any other photo id card issued by the statutory authorities with affixed photograph
Questions related to PU LLB Entrance
If i scored 60 marks in pu llb entrance and my graduation marks is 65%. Is there is any chances for pu chd. Bcz there 50:50 criteria.
Hello Aspirant ,
Thanks for the question, It is the 50-50 % weightage.
It's good that you want to pursue law as your career.
To pursue three year law programme LLB, you need to have a graduation degree and I hope you have that.
Moreover, you also need to score with at least 45% marks in aggregate from a recognized institute or university.
Also, there is 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks for the candidates who belong from SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates.
For more details, you need to refer to the link given below.
If you need more details click the link below:
Yes, You have a chance for your pu chd.
I hope this information will help for you.
I logged into my PU application account and clicked on pay fee option, after a minute a messaged popped up - this page cant open. So, I again logged in, now it is showing - cant pay the fee, fee payment has already been initiated. What do I do? Pls help
As we know that Punjab University has released the application form for PU LLB on May 1st and the deadline is July 6th so you have to complete your application as soon as possible.
The problem you are facing is due to some technical issues or there might some network issue. What you have to do is just follow the steps given below :-
- First of all ensure that you must have stable internet connection.
- Clear your browsing history/cached data and close your Browser, than again open it.
- Now again login using your credentials in the portal of application.
If this issue still remains with you than you should contact to the helpdesk of Punjab University because there might be website error which can only be resolved by respective authority.
For more details about PU LLB you should refer to the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.
I scored 60 in pu llb entrance exam and my graduation scored is 65% can i get pu chandigarh.
Thank you for your query. You can apply for BA LLB from Punjab University Chandigarh if you have around 60-65% as the eligibility criteria is to get a good percentage in your 12th boards and for masters 45% in you UG.Last date of registration for the entrance test is June 13 , 2020. The following are the exam pattern:
- Duration- 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Mode: Offline
- Exam date: 27 June 2020
- Total seats available: 480 seats
All the best
will the candidate be called for counselling only on the basis of marks obtainned in entrance test for punjab university
Yes, if it is about PU LLB entrance exam then final shortlisted student will be called for counselling on the basis of your PU LLB entrance exams then the merit list will be prepared and accordingly your seat will be allotted to you if your rank comes under the merit list,
For more details you can read the article from the below link:
Best of luck.
Punjab university has uploaded exam date of 24th May but it is colliding with CLAT2020. Will Punjab university would change the exam date.
It is difficult to say that if the punjab university will change the exam date or not. It totally depend on the university entrance exam conducting authority.
What you can do is to mail the Punjab university at email@example.com requesting to change the exam date mentioNing your name , application number and problem. If they take a notice of your mail they will change. if they do not you have to select that exam which is at your higher priority.
Hope it helps.