Stay up-to date with PU LLB Entrance News
About PU LLB Entrance 2022
Panjab University will conduct PU LLB entrance exam 2022 tentatively in the third week of June, in offline mode. The entrance exam is conducted for admission to 3-year LLB programme offered by the university. The application form for PU LLB 2022 will open around the fourth week of April, in online mode. Candidates who have completed their graduation or are appearing in the final year of graduation are eligible to apply for PU LLB 2022.
PU LLB entrance exam 2022: Test structure
The test paper of PU LLB entrance exam has 100 objective type questions to be asked. Each question will carry one mark, and a negative marking of 0.25 marks will be applicable for each incorrect answer. As per the PU LLB entrance exam syllabus, questions in the entrance exam will be asked from the following topics.
- General knowledge and current affairs
- Logical reasoning
- English language
- Legal aptitude and knowledge
PU PG Law entrance test - Admission process
Candidates who want to take admission in LLB programme offered by the university must be aware of its admission process. The PU LLB 2022 section process goes beyond the screening test as it also considers the candidate's performance in the qualifying examination.
The entrance test of PU LLB 2022 carries 50% weightage in the selection process. The remaining 50% weightage is borne by the marks scored by the candidate in the qualifying exam.
PU LLB Entrance 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Panjab University LLB Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||PU LLB Entrance|
|Conducting Body||Panjab University Chandigarh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Languages||English, Hindi +1 More|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2175 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Number of Seats||480 Seats|
The minimum conditions that candidates have to fulfil in order to be considered for admissions to the 3-year L.L.B programme is outlined in PU LLB 2022 eligibility criteria. As per PU LLB 2022 eligibility criteria, the candidate has to meet eligibility criteria pertaining to qualifying exam, minimum marks in the qualifying exam, and age limit.
PU LLB eligibility criteria 2022
- Educational qualification : The candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute. However, candidates who are in the final year of their Graduation may also apply. Such candidates will need to prove their qualification at the time of counselling and admission process.
- Minimum marks : The applicant should have passed the qualifying exam scoring at least 45% aggregate marks. Relaxation of 5% in minimum marks is extended to reserved category candidates.
- Age limit : There is no upper age limit.
Eligibility for admission
Panjab University gives admission to those candidates who satisfy the following conditions;
1. Candidate must fulfil the eligibility criteria given above.
2. Candidate must appear and clear the PU LLB entrance test.
3. Candidate must have a valid score in graduation.
The admission merit list is prepared by giving 50% weightage to the entrance exam and 50% to the marks scored in the qualifying exam.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Other
Panjab University will release the application form of PU LLB in online mode, at the official PG admission portal. Eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form by registering at the PU PG Law portal. To fill the application form of PU LLB 2022 entrance exam, candidates have to provide details such as personal information, communication details, educational qualification and submit the application fee. The detailed application process is given below.
How to fill PU LLB application form 2022?
- Online registration - The candidate will have to enter name, valid email id and mobile number among other details to get registered successfully and to create applicant account.
- Filling of the application form - The PU LLB 2022 application form will have various sections like personal, academic and communication. Candidates will have to enter all the details correctly. Those appearing in the qualifying exam may select the educational qualification status as appearing.
- Uploading of documents: In the next step, candidates will have to upload a recent passport size photo and signature as per the instructions given in the application form.
- Submit application fee - Candidates will have to pay the application fee in online mode using a credit card, net banking or debit card. The application fee is Rs 2175 for general category candidates. For SC and ST category, the application fee is Rs. 1088.
- Submission of form: Submit the form to complete the application process. Candidates are advised to take a print out of the application form for future references.
|OBC, General||Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 2175|
|ST, SC||Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 1088|
|ST, OBC, General, SC||PWD||Offline||Female, Male||₹ 1088|
Current affairs and general knowledge
Reasoning ability and knowledge of English
Candidates by consulting the exam pattern of PU LLB 2022 will know what types of questions will be asked, the marking scheme, mode and duration of the exam, and other such details which can make preparation streamlined.
PU LLB 2022 exam pattern
Offline, OMR sheet based
English, Hindi and Punjabi
Type of questions
Multiple choice type
Number of questions
100 each carrying one mark
0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer
The university will release the PU LLB 2022 admit card a few days before the exam date. The admit card of PU LLB entrance is an important document as it informs about the roll number and exam centre address allotted to the candidate. Also, it is mandatory to carry the PU LLB admit card for appearing in the entrance exam, the admit card will carry other details like the name and roll number, date and time of the exam, and venue details.
How to download PU LLB admit card?
- Click on the admit card download link
- Log-in by entering user ID and password
- PU LLB admit card will be displayed on screen
- Download and take a printout for future references.
PU LLB Entrance 2022 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid identity proof (voter identity card/Aadhaar card/PAN card/driving license/identity card issued by a recognised college)
Punjab University releases the provisional answer key of PU LLB entrance exam a few days after the entrance exam. The PU LLB 2022 answer key will contain the answers to questions asked in the entrance exam. The candidate can compare their answers to those given in the answer key to calculate probable score and subsequently their chances of admission. The cutoff details of previous years' can be used for this purpose.
Any candidate who has any grievances against the PU LLB 2022 provisional answer key can file their complaints with the exam conducting body. Authorities will then go through all the grievances before publishing the final answer key of PU LLB 2022.
Exam officials will declare the result of PU LLB 2022 after receiving the objections against the answer key. The PU LLB result contains the details such as the name of candidates, application number and their marks in the qualifying exam. PU LLB merit list 2022 would be used for counselling and seat allotment purpose.
Steps to check PU LLB result 2022?
Visit the official website of PG Law, Panjab University.
Login using the id and password.
Click on ‘Result’, PU LLB result will appear in the new window.
Download and save the result.
Important details mentioned in PU PG law result 2022
Candidates can check the following details on their results.
Rank and qualifying status.
PU LLB merit list 2022
Along with the result, the university also releases the merit list for PU LLB entrance exam. The merit list will contain the names of the candidates who have secured minimum qualifying marks. It will also carry the details such as marks obtained by such candidates, their rank, category and related details.
How to check PU LLB result cum merit list?
- Click on the merit list link on the official website of PU PG Law
- Click on the merit list link
- Select the category
- The merit list will be displayed on the screen
Panjab University will release the cut-off of PU LLB 2022 after the declaration of results and will be indicative of the last rank for which admission is offered. The PU LLB cut off 2022 will be category-specific and will be released separately for all four participating colleges. Any candidate who scores (or ranks) below the cutoff score will typically be out of the race to get admission.
There are a number of factors on which PU LLB cutoff would depend including, the number of applicants, the performance of applicants in the entrance exam, sanctioned seat intake and the category of the candidate. If any of the variables changes, the cutoff would also change.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
The counselling schedule for PU LLB 2022 will be conducted post declaration of result and will be open to such candidates who have qualified in the pen-and-paper based exam. The PU LLB 2022 counselling will be conducted in offline mode, with the allotment of seats to be done as per the merit rank of the candidate and choices opted for admission. Consequently, candidates who are ranked higher in the merit list are more likely to be offered a seat or higher preference seat.
Candidates who qualifies for the counselling process will be issued counselling call letters which have to be produced at the time of counselling; so candidates need to download and get a printout of the call letter. Also, document verification is an integral part of the PU LB counselling process, wherein all candidates need to get their documents verified. In case of any discrepancy, the candidacy of the candidate may be cancelled.
PU LLB Entrance 2022 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- PU LLB score card
- Date of birth certificate or high school mark sheet with date of birth
- Marksheet/certificate of Class 10 and 12 examination
- Character certificate
- SC/ST/OBC categories must bring the caste/community certificate issued by the competent authority
- Medical certificate for physically challenged candidates
- Aadhaar card/passport/PAN card/voter ID card /driving license /any other photo id card issued by the statutory authorities with affixed photograph
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:When will PU LLB 2022 be conducted?
The PU LLB entrance test will be conducted tentatively in the month of June, in offline mode.
Question:How many seats are offered through PU LLB entrance test?
The Panjab University and its law centre offer a total of 480 seats through PU LLB entrance test.
Question:Who can apply for PU LLB 2022?
Any candidate who has completed graduation with minimum qualifying marks is eligible to apply for PU LLB entrance test. The candidate must satisfy PU LLB eligibility criteria prescribed by the university.
Question:When may I apply for PU LLB 2022 entrance test?
The application form for PU LLB 2022 will open around the month of April. You will be able to apply for PU LLB 2022 before the closing date for the application form.
Question:What is the mode of PU LLB entrance test? What type of questions are asked in the examination?
The PU LLB entrance test is conducted in offline mode. There will be multiple choice type question in the test.
Questions related to PU LLB Entrance
sallybus for b.a llb entrance exam ?
Panjab University conducts admission to BA LLB for a duration of 90 minutes for a total of 100 MCQs from the sections such as
- English consists of grammar, vocabulary, antonyms and synonyms, errors in sentence, inapproriate usage of words, spelling mistakes, english usage errors, improvement and rearrangement of sentences, english comprehension and passages and proficiency, idioms and phrases, one word substitution, fill in the blanks
- Mental Ability consists of syllogism, series, analogy, blood relations, directions, critical reasoning
- Legal Aptitude consists of constitution, legislature, contracts and constitutional law, law of crimes, torts, strict liability, vicarious liability, legal propositions and facts, intellectual property rights, judiciary
- General Awareness consists of geography, civics, economics, general science, ancient/medieval/modern history, current affairs.
the medium of the exam is set in English, Hindi and Punjabi, for each correct answer one mark is awarded, and for each incorrect answer one-fourth is deduced,
you can visit our page at https://law.careers360.com/exams/pu-ba-llb-entrance to know more details regarding this.
Dear Careers360, is the law entrance exam for the admission to Punjab University conducted throughout the country at various test centres? Or there are only some selective test centres? Will there be any test centre in Kolkata for PU LLB entrance in 2022?
PU LLB Entrance exam is for any Graduate candidates in India. But the exam cities are limited in their state (Punjab) only, In several parts of Chandigarh with some other cities Punjab , the exam will be held .
You can appear for the exam , but you need to attend the exam by going outside West Bengal. There is no specific test centres allotted for West Bengal .
The required eligibility to seat for this exam is :
- Graduation from any field
- Min 45% marks required (for GEN category)
4 participating Institutes conducting this exam are :
- Department of Laws, Panjab University
- Panjab University Regional Centre
- UILS, PU, Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur and
- UIL, PU, Regional Centre, Ludhiana
For more details, refer this :
Hope this helps !
next exam for llb punjab university chandigarh????
Punjab University e l e course admission has been completed for 2021. Next date for admission online and exam for entrance test will be declared on the official website of Panjab University Chandigarh. Punjab University located at Chandigarh admission in UG and PG courses of BA BSc BCom LLB BA LLB BCom railway BBA LLB and PG courses of humanities science and commerce. Per admission ine in PU LLB course can I apply online mode and have to appear for entrance examination. Admission is done on on the basis of mid 50% it is given for entrance examination and 50% it is for the score in 12 class examination of the candidate. The application is taken for admission generally in the month of July August and the entrance test is taken in the month of September October and admission is completed in the 15th of November every year.
Next date for LLB Punjab University Chandigarh admission date will be announced soon in the official website of Panjab University Chandigarh.
Is councelling for admission in Law college at Panjab University still happening?
Hope you are doing well, here's your answer.
No, Panjab University has commenced the PU BA LLB counselling on October 16.
For further information, click on the link given below:-
Hope this will help you.
My rank is 378 in pu llb entrance and my marks are 49.25. My graduation marks are 78 percent. do I have the chance of getting admission pu chd campus ?
Admission to PU laws is on the basis of CET exam. To get admission in Department of laws , Panjab University Chandigarh you need a minimum aggregate of 60% based on the trends of past years. And on the basis of your marks your aggregate falls to be 64% and thus you can secure a seat in the course of LLB.