About KLEE 2021
Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala (CEE Kerala) conducts the Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE) entrance exam for admission to 3-year LLB and 5-year LLB programmes offered by law colleges in the state of Kerala. The admission notification for KLEE will be released sometime in January; the KLEE 2021 application form is expected to be available in the 2nd week of March. The Kerala Law Entrance Exam will be conducted tentatively in the last week of March.
KLEE is also conducted for admissions to LLM courses offered by the government law colleges of Kerala. However, the entrance exam for KLEE LLM is conducted separately.
KLEE 2021 Test structure
The entrance exam for both 3-year LLB and integrated LLB will be conducted online, computer-based test (CBT) of two hours duration. There will be a total of 200 MCQs questions. The questions will be asked from General English, General Knowledge, Arithmetic and Mental Ability, and Aptitude for Legal Studies sections.
KLEE selection process
Based on the KLEE 2021 exam, candidates will be shortlisted for counselling and seat allotment process. The KLEE counselling will be conducted in three or more rounds and admissions to the UG courses will be offered on the basis of merit cum preference. The intake capacity for the five-year L.L.B, 1295 seats, whereas there are 625 seats for three-year L.L.B, and 136 seats for L.L.M programmes.
KLEE 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Kerala Law Entrance Examination|
|Short Exam Name||KLEE|
|Conducting Body||Commissioner for Entrance Examinations|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||625 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||L.L.B 5 year : 1295 Seats +2 More|
KLEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
KLEE L.L.B 5 year Eligibility Criteria
CEE Thiruvananthapuram has released KLEE five-year integrated L.L.B eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria inform candidates about academic qualification, minimum marks and age limit one has to meet to be considered for admission to KLEE five year L.L.B program. For a detailed insight into KLEE five year L.L.B 2021 eligibility criteria, read below.
- The candidate should have passed HSC examination of Board of HSC education, Kerala or any equivalent qualifying exam scoring at least 45% aggregate marks. SEBC candidates and SC/ ST candidates, however, need only 42% and 40% respectively.
The candidate must be minimum 17 years of age as on December 31, 2021
There is no upper age limit for appearing i the exam.
The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
However, only such candidates who are of Kerala origin will be eligible for reservation.
KLEE L.L.B 3 year Eligibility Criteria
CEE, Thiruvananthapuram, has released the eligibility criteria of KLEE for the three-year LL.B program. The KLEE 2021 eligibility criteria include the terms and conditions the candidate has to fulfill in order to be considered for admission.
KLEE Eligibility Criteria for 3-year LLB program
- The candidate must be a graduate from any faculty from a recognised university
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying exam (bachelor's degree) scoring minimum aggregate of 45%. There is relaxation in minimum marks for reserved category candidates: SEBC candidates need 42% marks, while SC/ ST candidates need 40% marks. Rounding off is not permitted.
- Candidates who have obtained first degree certificates through distance and correspondence education are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates yet to appear/ have appeared for the qualifying examinations will also be considered eligible for KLEE three year LL.B. However, their eligibility will be confirmed only when they furnish a provisional certificate/ certificate of degree and mark sheets of qualifying examination on the admission day.
There is no lower age limit for appearing in KLEE. Also, the upper age limit is subject to decision of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
Candidates holding Indian citizenship can apply.
However, to enjoy benefits of reservation, one needs to be of Kerala origin.
KLEE L.L.M Eligibility Criteria
The exam conducting authority will release the KLEE eligibility criteria 2021 for the LLM program containing the list of conditions one need to fullfill for admission. The eligibility criteria. Any candidate who doesn't meet the KLEE 2021 eligibility criteria, which related to age limit, qualifying exam passed, and minimum marks, he or she will not be considered for admission.
KLEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria for LLM Program
The candidate must have passed LLB program scoring 50% aggregate marks from University of Kerala or any other recognized university .
Candidates who are yet to take or have taken their final year L.L.B exam may also apply, provided they meet the eligibility conditions on the day of admission.
There is no upper age for candidates to appear for the entrance test.
Candidates seeking admission to LLB program must be Indian citizens; for consideration under reserved category, the candidate in addition need to be of Kerala origin.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
CEE, Thiruvananthapuram, which is the exam conducting body, will open the KLEE 2021 application form tentatively in the 2nd week of March. The KLEE application form 2021 can be accessed by the candidate at the official website of CEE, Kerala: cee.kerala.org. Before filling the application form of KLEE 2021 the candidate should ensure that they meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, as otherwise applications stand to be rejected.
How to fill KLEE 2021 application form
- To start the application process, get registered first
- Go to the official website and and click on the new registration option
- The registration form will open
- Enter name, mobile number, and email id.
- Upon successful registration, "application number’ will be created with an applicant account.
Fill the KLEE application form 2021
- Once registered, go to the application form of KLEE 2021.
- Th application form will have various sections like personal, contact and academic details sections which have to be duly filled.
- After filling in the details correctly, click on the ‘submit’ button.
The candidate has to next pay the exam fees by any of the following two gateways – a) online payment b) e-challan. Following is the fee breakup for all courses.
KLEE application form 2021 – fee structure
KLEE Five Year L.L.B
KLEE Three Year L.L.B
Candidates can follow the listed steps to pay the application fees.
Through this mode, one can pay the fee using credit/ debit card.
- If the candidate wishes, they can also make the payment in offline mode using e-challan.
- To make the payment using an e-challan, first take a printout of the e-challan by clicking on the ‘print e-challan’ option.
- With the printed challan, go to a post office in Kerala and make the payment in cash. During payment, you have to submit the e-challan with the requisite along with the fee amount in cash.
- Don't forget to collect the counterfoil of e-challan from the post office official.
- Once the payment is successfully done, ‘Pay Application Tab’ will turn green.
- If the payment tab doesn't turn green even after payment, candidates must inform the post office officials.
Uploading of photograph and signature
Candidates will also have to upload their photographs, signatures, and documents in the application form.
Printing the application
- After completing the above steps, candidates will have to click on the link named ‘print application’.
- Retain a print out and soft copy of the completed application form of KLEE for future reference.
|SC, ST||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 325|
|General||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 625|
KLEE 2021 Syllabus
KLEE L.L.B 5 year Syllabus
Arithmetic and mental ability
Aptitude for legal studies
KLEE L.L.B 3 year Syllabus
Arithmetic and mental ability
Aptitude for legal studies
KLEE L.L.M Syllabus
Law of crimes
Law of contracts
Public international law
Law of property
Interpretation of statutes
Law of torts
KLEE 2021 Preparation Tips
How the candidate prepares for the state level exam will inevitably decide how one performs ]in KLEE 2021. Here are a few KLEE 2021 preparation tips that the candidate may refer to when preparing for the exam:
- The candidate needs to carefully go through the KLEE 2021 exam pattern to understand the nuances of question paper, syllabus, and marking scheme. This information will allow the candidate to align their performance with exam requirements.
- The candidate must figure out topics which are to be covered in KLEE, especially those topics that carry maximum weightage.
- Make a time table and follow it.
- Use books that have minimum errors, easy to follow, have lots of problem sets, etc as reference material.
- Don't go off track from the decided preparation routine till the exam is over. Study and practise the topics regularly and focus more on those areas which the candidates think they lack strong grip on.
KLEE 2021 Exam Pattern
KLEE L.L.B 5 year Exam Pattern
CEE, Thiruvananthapuram prescribes the KLEE five year L.L.B exam pattern that candidates will have to follow when preparing for the exam. The exam pattern of KLEE contains information on the type and number of questions asked, topics covered, marking scheme, mode and duration of the exam, etc.
KLEE five year L.L.B Exam Pattern 2021
Mode of exam
Type of questions
Number of questions
Duration of exam
Topics and number of questions
asked from them
Aptitude for legal studies - 70
Arithmetic and mental ability - 25
General English - 60
General Knowledge - 45
KLEE L.L.B 3 year Exam Pattern
CEE, Thiruvananthapuram, has released the detailed KLEE exam pattern for the three-year LL.B program. Candidates must carefully go through the KLEE exam pattern 2021 to know about the structure of the exam, including, type of questions asked, marking scheme, mode and exam duration.
KLEE Exam Pattern 2021 - 3 year LLB program
Mode of exam
Computer-based Test (CBT)
number of questions asked
General English – 60 questions
Aptitude for Legal Studies – 70 questions
Arithmetic and mental ability - 25 questions
General Knowledge – 45 questions
KLEE L.L.M Exam Pattern
CEE, Thiruvananthapuram, will release the KLEE exam pattern 2021 for LLM program before the conduct of the exam. The KLEE 2021 exam pattern will contain details on the type and number of questions asked, marking scheme, mode and duration of the exam, sections covered, etc. When preparing for the exam, the candidate should incorporate these elements for better orientation and results.
KLEE Exam Pattern 2021 for LLM program
Mode of exam
Type of questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Total no. of questions
|Duration||The 3-hour long paper will have two parts:|
Topics and weight age
Part A - Jurisprudence - 25 questions
Law of Crimes - 25 questions
Constitutional Law - 25 questions
Law of Contracts - 25 questions
Part B - Law of Torts - 10 questions
Interpretation of statutes - 10 questions
Company Law - 20 questions
Law of Property - 20 questions
Public International Law - 20 questions
CEE, Thiruvananthapuram will release the admit card of KLEE 2021 in online mode for successfully registered candidates after the application form is closed. The KLEE 2021 admit card will be released separately for the LLM and undergraduate courses.
How to download KLEE admit card 2021
Go to the official website
Click on the admit card download link
In the login panel, enter your application number and password
Upon login, the admit card will be available for download.
Download and take a printout of the admit card.
If there are any issues with the KLEE 2021 admit card, what to do?
In case the admit card is withheld due to some errors, check the memo link on the homepage.
You may have to rectify the errors and any other deficiencies as per the given deadline.
If you have lost your application number, you can be fetch it by clicking on the ‘Find Application Number’ tab.
Important Note - Candidates must carry the admit cards to the exam hall to be able to sit for the examination.
KLEE 2021 Exam Centers
KLEE L.L.B 5 year Exam Centers
KLEE L.L.B 3 year Exam Centers
KLEE L.L.M Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
KLEE L.L.B 5 year Documents Required
- Admit card
- Valid ID proof
KLEE L.L.B 3 year Documents Required
- Valid ID proof
- Admit card
CEE, Thiruvananthapuram will release the KLEE answer key 2021 a few days after completion of the exam. By using KLEE answer key, candidates will be able to get an idea of their performance in the entrance test.
How to download KLEE 2021 answer key
- Click on the official link
- Select the programme (5 yr L.L.B/ 3 yr L.L.B/ L.L.M) for which you want to download the key for.
- Upon selecting the course, the answer key for the course will be displayed on-screen in downloadable PDF format
- Candidates can cross-check the answers from the answer key.
KLEE answer key – filing objections
- For any objection with the answer key of KLEE 2021, one can submit their complaints to CEE with requisite proof and payment of Rs. 100 per question (in case of KLEE L.L.M, Rs. 200 per question) payable by DD at Thiruvananthapuram in favour of CEE.
- The objections have to be filed before the last date.
- Authorities will release final answer key after considering all the complaints.
CEE, Thiruvananthapuram will announce the KLEE result 2021 in online mode; the result would be declared for for all candidates who have taken the exam.
- KLEE result 2021 would be released separately for the 3-year LLB, 5-year LLB, and LLM programme.
How to check KLEE 2021 result
The result link would be updated on the CEE Kerala website
Click on it
A log-in window will open; enter your application number, password and security code.
KLEE 2021 result would be displayed in downloadable pdf format
Download and take a printout of the result
KLEE 2021 - rank list
- On the basis of scores obtained by candidates in KLEE 2021, course-wise rank lists will be prepared and released online.
- In case of any tie in marks scored by the candidate in the exam in LLB, the candidate who has scored higher in 'Aptitude for Legal Studies' will get preference. If the tie still persists, candidate scoring higher in 'English' will get higher rank. If the tie still persists, candidate older in age will get higher rank.
- In case of KLEE L.L.M, candidates scoring higher in Part 1 will get preference. If tie still persists, candidate older in age will get a higher rank.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Mode of Counselling: Online
CEE, Thiruvananthapuram, will conduct KLEE counselling 2021 in the online mode. The counselling procedure will be conducted centrally, known as the centralised allotment process. Candidates who have shortlisted based on their KLEE rank will be eligible to participate in the counselling process.
KLEE 2021 counselling – Procedure
Candidates can refer to the below-mentioned procedure for counselling of KLEE 2021.
- Click on the counselling link.
- Log into using your roll no, application number, and password.
- Upon login, the candidate will have to select courses and colleges from the available options.
- Options have to be entered in the order of preferences.
- Submit the selection.
- Take a printout of the option list selected.
- After the stipulated time for candidates to fill the options is over, candidates will be able to find the colleges and courses allotted to them.
- As final steps, candidates will have to pay the fees at the allotted college on the stipulated date to finalise their admissions.
Documents Required at Counselling
- KLEE admit card 2021
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What educational qualification is required for appearing in KLEE 2020?
If applying for a 5-year LLB course, the candidate must have completed intermediate, while in case of the 3-year LLB course, the candidate must be a graduate in any discipline.
Question: When will KLEE 2020 be conducted?
The entrance exam for five year LLB has been conducted on June 22, while for 3-year LLB, the exam was held on June 20.
Question: How many seats are offered through KLEE 2020?
There are around 625 seats in 3-year LLB course, while 1295 seats are to be filled under 5-year LLB courses offered by the law colleges of Kerala.
Question: From which topics questions are asked in KLEE 2020?
There is a fixed syllabus of KLEE 2020 from where questions are asked in the exam, and the topics are namely, Maths, General Knowledge, Current affairs, Reasoning and Legal Aptitude.
Question: How and when can I download KLEE 2020 admit card?
The admit card of KLEE 2020 was released on June 12. It could be downloaded by logging into the candidate's registered account.
Questions related to KLEE
Can a three year technical diploma holder from state board of technical education, kerala after 10th eligible for 5 year LLB entrance?
The minimum eligibility to pursue LLB is to have a graduation degree and qualify the entrance test. Admission to LLB courses is usually offered through entrance examinations. However, few colleges like SRM University and few more provide admission to this course on the basis of merit.
hi. still am a ug final year student.i would like to study 3year LLB course.i cant more clear about the procedure of klee examination. if i want any information,where i want to go and when i ask?
KLEE is Kerala law entrance examination. Minimum eligibility criteria for these examination you have to pass 12th class. If you have a graduation degree then you have to pass with 45% marks in your bachalor degree. Then you can eligible for KLEE examination. After this examination you have to offer two LLB course one is for 3years and another one is for 5years. You have to choose which one you want. Total number of questions of this examination is 200 and maximum marks is 600. KLEE 2021 conducted in last week of April approximately. And form fill up starting from may be last week of March.
Above link will help you out all details about this examination.
All the best.
i am graduate.Do i need to writre Clat or KLEE for take LLB
You can write both the exams KLEE as well as CLAT.You can refer to these links for details of eligibility criteria-
how many candidates appeared for klee 2020
Hope your doing good.
KLEE 2020 has 5 year llb, 3 year llb courses. application mode is online
and available seats are 3-year LLB - 400 (govt.) + 225 (private) Total = 625 5-year LLB - 320 (govt.) + 975 (private) Total = 1295
For more infomation regarding KLEE refer to this article https://law.careers360.com/articles/klee
Candidates with valid indian Id proof can appear for examination.
Thankyou, Hope this helps.
Good luck for everything ahead :)
is klee llb 5 year third allotment for filling vacant seats
Yes, The counselling of Kerala law entrance exam 2020 will be conducted in multiple rounds, depending upon seats left vacant after each round of the counselling.
Thus third allotment is for filling the vacant or unfilled seats in previous rounds.
The conducting body will provide seats based on merit list and no. Of available seats.
There are 4 government colleges and 17 private law colleges participating in klee. 1295 seats are available for 5 year llb course.
Hope this information is useful