CLAT 2020 Exam Day Guidelines - Social Distanced Computer Based Test Mode
CLAT 2020 Exam Day Guidelines - CLAT 2020 will be conducted by Consortium of NLUs today from 2 pm to 4 pm, in social distanced computer-based test mode. The conducting body has released the new CLAT exam day guidelines in view if the COVID-19 pandemic. The CLAT exam day guidelines are of two types. The first guidelines are related to the code of conduct while the other one is related to the COVID specific guidelines. The new guidelines of CLAT 2020 are intended to implement the social distancing norms and maintaining safety of everyone. There are 2538 seats in the undergraduate programmes and 742 seats in the postgraduate programmes that will be filled by the NLUs based on CLAT 2020 the schedule of which has been severely affected by the current pandemic. Through CLAT, the candidates will be offered admissions to the law programmes such as BA LLB, BBA LLB, B.Com LLB and B.Sc LLB and LLM. Read the complete article to know more about CLAT 2020 exam day guidelines and other related information. LATEST - CLAT admit card released, Download now! | New Exam day guidelines released, read below.
CLAT exam day guidelines: Latest update
On CLAT admit card
Candidates who do not have their photograph printed in CLAT admit card must paste their own recent passport size photo. Candidates will be asked to show the admit card of CLAT with photograph at the test centre.
Grievance redressal committee formed
To address the grievances of the candidates on CLAT 2020, the Consortium has formed a four-member committee led by former Justice S Rajendra Babu.
Supreme Court allows COVID positive candidate to appear in CLAT 2020
In the latest order on a plea of COVID+ candidate, the Supreme Court has allowed him to appear in CLAT 2020. The order will not be applicable to other COVID+ candidates.
Justice Ashok Bhushan led bench to shortly hear an urgent application moved seeking clarification on the aspect of facilities for isolation rooms at CLAT exam centres to enable the applicant, who is infected with #COVID19, to write the exam.#SupremeCourt #CLAT2020 #clat pic.twitter.com/OX2IffxvFa— Bar & Bench (@barandbench) September 28, 2020
CLAT exam day guidelines (New)
With the release of CLAT 2020 admit card, the Consortium has also released a new set of instructions for the candidates. The new exam day guidelines specify the rules and regulation and code of conduct at the exam centre. While chasing the NLU dream, candidates must also read the new set of guidelines in order to ensure stress-free entry at the test centre. The important guidelines are mentioned below.
- Keep the Admit Card and I.D. proof ready. These documents will be used for verification at the entrance of test centre. However, the bar code scanning will be performed once the candidate gets entry inside the test centre.
- There will be no roll number list outside the test centre. The candidate's Room / Hall / Lab Number will be disclosed only after getting the entry inside the examination hall.
- Candidates will have to carry the duly filled and signed Medical Self-Declaration to the test centre. The candidate will have to show the medical self-declaration while taking the entry. Later the declaration must be submitted to the invigilator.
- Inside the exam hall, the candidate should sign on CLAT admit card in the presence of the Invigilator.
- What you will get inside CLAT exam hall? - Candidates will be provided rough sheets on their desk. As per the rules, the candidate will have to write the Admit card number on each of the blank sheet. Once the test is over, the rough sheet should be deposited in the drop box at the test centre.
- In case the candidate faces issues with Computer, he/she must immediately report the matter to the invigilator. The timer given in the test will be stopped automatically and in case, the candidate is given another system to complete the test, the exam will resume right from where it was disrupted and the candidate will not lose any time.
CLAT 2020 Exam Day Guidelines - COVID Specific: Type 1
The exam centre of CLAT 2020 will be fully equipped with all safety measures. The staff will be available for conducting the thermal screening, cleaning and maintaining the order at the exam centre. The CLAT 2020 conduct model is explained below.
- Staff will be deployed for Crowd Management and orderly movement
- Staff with Thermo Guns will be present at the entry gate
- Sufficient cleaning staff, centre administrators and invigilators with face masks and hand gloves will be deployed.
- Spray machines with disinfectant liquid will be used to sanitize examination centers thorough.
- Sufficient hand sanitizer and hand soap will be present across the test centers and washrooms.
- Candidates with fever or COVID symptoms will not be permitted inside the exam venue. A separate isolation lab will be set up to accommodate these candidates.
- PPE kits will be made available for staff in isolation labs.
- 3 ply masks and gloves will be provided to isolated candidates
CLAT 2020 Exam Day Guidelines for Candidates - Type - 2
- All candidates with temperature > 99.14 will be directed to the isolation lab for taking the examination.
- In case of candidate with the scribe, both the candidate and the scribe must bring their own N95 mask
- Candidates will be told to switch off their mobile phones and deposit it at the designated location, to be collected while exiting
CLAT Exam Day Guidelines - Important Things to Carry
|Personal transparent water bottle||Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)|
|A Pen||Admit card|
|Identity card||Phone - will be deposited outside|
CLAT 2020 Exam Day Guidelines - Code of Conduct
- Candidates will have to mandatorily bring their admit card and a valid ID card such as voter id, Aadhar card, passport or any other as prescribed in the CLAT admit card.
- Other than the prescribed items, candidates cannot bring anything else.
- Thermal screening is mandatory for all
- Candidates will have to avoid forming groups at the exam centre
- Calculators are not allowed inside the hall, nor any paper or study material.
- The test will be conducted in the computer-based test mode. CLAT mock test will be released before the exam. However, candidates are expected to have familiarity with the use of computers.
CLAT 2020 - Must Know
CLAT syllabus 2020 (Content of the test) - Under CLAT UG, candidates will be asked questions from 5 topics namely - Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English (including Comprehension), General Knowledge & Current Affairs and Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability). All questions will be objective type with multiple-choice type,
Marking scheme of CLAT 2020 - Every correct answer will be given 1 mark and for every negative answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
The exam will enable candidates to answer questions from the section of their choice and as per their preference. It will also help the candidates to view the status of questions – Answered, Left Unanswered or Marked for Review - as selected by them, and answer the remaining questions before the exam concludes.
CLAT PG: Please note that the CLAT 2020 exam for the LLM programme will for this academic session have 120 questions; also the descriptive section has been dropped as per new CLAT exam pattern
CLAT 2020 - Exam Day Guidelines (Advisory)
On the day of the exams, students wish to know tips and tricks to apply a few hours before the exam to succeed in their exams. They often become anxious and experience performance pressure which is why Careers360 has come up with an article to help the candidates deal with the pressure.
Rest Hours - It's very important for the candidates to take a proper 7-8 hours of sleep to keep their minds clear and thought process functional.
Document Checklist - Though the candidates will keep all the necessary documents handy for the exam day yet it is advised that they should cross verify them to avoid minutest of the chances of skipping any document. Do not forget to carry your CLAT 2020 admit card along with an identity proof such as Aadhaar card/ driving license/PAN card etc.
Do not begin a new topic - Often candidates feel that they could use up extra time to read something new once their course is over and revised. But DO NOT begin a new topic on the day of the exam. It will only take up your memory and burden you with extra information which may lead to forgetfulness during the exam. Students often panic when they start mugging up additional information instead of revising the prepared course and relaxing.
Know the exam centre location - Candidates must have prior information about the exam centre such as its location, distance from home to the centre, commuting time, popular landmarks nearby etc to avoid any kind of trouble while reaching the exam centre.
Do not carry unnecessary items - Candidates must not carry unnecessary articles such as electronic gadgets like mobile phones, digital watches, calculators etc to the exam hall. Only admit card, id proof and basic stationery such as pencil, pen and eraser is permitted. Anyone found not following the established rules will be debarred from the exam.
Reporting - Punctuality is important. Hence it is highly advised to reach on time on the exam centre 45 minutes to 1 hour prior to the exam to avoid inconveniences such as traffic jams, vehicle breakdown, etc.
Check seating arrangement - Candidates should check the seating arrangements as soon as he/she reaches the exam centre. The seating arrangement should be checked along with other details including name, roll number and date of birth so as to ensure the identified seat is correct and to avoid wastage of time in finding the seat after reporting time.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CLAT 2020 Exam Day Guidelines - Social Distanced Computer Based Test Mode
Question: If i forget misplace my admit card then what?
If the admit card is misplaced, no candidate will be allowed to sit for the exam or enter the exam hall as it is the entry ticket. In case of misplacement, it is highly advised that students must have another copy of the admit card and should retain it till the admission procedure gets over.
Question: How many id proofs are needed on the exam day?
Candidates are required to carry one identity proof for verification and reference. It can be any valid id proof such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving license, etc.
Question: Will there be any thermal screening at the exam centre of CLAT?
Yes, at the gate of the exam centre, there will be thermal screening of all candidates.
Question: Can I carry my hand sanitizer to the CLAT exam centre
Yes, you can carry the personal hand sanitizer to the exam centre along with the face mask.
Question: Is it safe to give CLAT 2020 in the current COVID pandemic situation?
If everyone follows the CLAT guidelines, the risk can be alleviated to a large extent. The CLAT 2020 will be a social distanced based test, it will be safe to give CLAT only if the instructions are followed and the exam centre has active staff.
Question: What if my temperature goes above 99? will I be allowed to appear in the test?
The temperature bar is 99.14. If the candidate has a temperature more than this, he/she will be accommodated in an isolated lab for the examination.
Candidates who are in class 12 may struggle to prepare for CLA...
NLU Consortium will release category-wise RMLNLU Lucknow 2021 ...
How to prepare for CLAT from Class 11 - Candidates who want to...
MNLU Mumbai Cut off 2021 - CLAT Consortium will announce MNLU ...
DSNLU Visakhapatnam Cutoff 2021 - CLAT Consortium will release...
Questions related to CLAT
how to prepare for CLAT examination
Before starting your preparation for clat examination you should know its examination pattern so that you can prepare accordingly
Here's a brief of your clat UG 2021 examination pattern :-
* total number of questions :- 150 questions
* type of questions asked :- mcqs/objective. Basically, your clat question paper will contain several passages of around 300 to 450 words and those passages will be followed by series of mcqs.
* medium of the question paper :- English
* mode of the examination :- it will be conducted in offline mode / pen paper based examination
* total marks :- the examination will be conducted for a total of 150 marks
*Duration of the examination :- 2 hours
*marking scheme :-
. -) you get one mark for each correct answer .
. -) here is penalty of 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
Subject wise number of questions in your clat 2021 examination is provided below:-
*english language :- 28 - 32 questions
*quantitative techniques :- 13-17questions
*Legal Reasoning :- 35-39 questions
*current affairs including gk :- 35-39 questions
*Logical Reasoning :- 28-32 questions
For more details regarding clat examination pattern you can visit our page at
Coming to how you should prepare,
Follow the below tips to prepare well for your clat examination:-
*Go well through your CLAT syllabus , don't leave any part just because you find it difficult or boring or you don't like it.You can get clat syllabus at https://law.careers360.com/articles/clat-syllabus
List of best books which you can follow to master CLAT syllabus is given below subject wise :-
GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
*Manorama Year Book
*General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
*Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
*A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
*Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by Pearson
*Objective Legal Aptitude by Rs Agarwal
*Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Arihant Publications
*Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson's
*Objective General English by R S Aggarwal
*Word Power Made Easy by Norman
For detailed information about books for CLAT go through
*A major part of your Clat question paper are from the gk and current affairs section , so focus more on them, read news papers like The Hindu, Financial Express, and The Economist on daily basis to keep you updated
*Make a routine or a time table and religiously follow it , take short breaks in between your studies, studying continuously can be brain tiring and it becomes difficult to focus and study with concentration, so take breaks to relax and refresh your brain.
* Plan your studies, and set daily, weekly and monthly goals to cover the syllabus and meet them without any fail.
*Revise at regular intervals as syllabus is wide .
*Solve previous year CLAT questions :-it will let you know the examination pattern, type and difficulty level of questions asked in the exam etc
* Once done with complete syllabus, go through CLAT mock test papers , it will let you know your preparation level and and weak areas so that you can work on them and perform well in your CLAT examination
For more preparation tips go through
suggest me best books to prepare clat 2021 exam
You can refer to these books for CLAT preparation :
English (RC too)
- The Pearson Guide to the CLAT
- Objective General English (English) by RS Aggarwal
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- High School English Grammar & Composition by P C Wren, H Martin
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Manorama Yearbook
- Lucents General Knowledge
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning (English) by RS Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Agarwal
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning: For CLAT and LLB Entrance Examinations by Pearson
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning byA P Bhardwaj
- Objective Legal Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- LSTs Legal Reasoning Module
- Lexis Nexis Butterworths
- Bare Acts on Indian Constitution
I hope this helps.
best preparation books for clat LLM 2021
I am enlisting down the best books for CLAT preparation for all subjects :-
@GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
Manorama Year Book
General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
Analytical Reasoning (English) by M K Pandey
Quantitative Aptitude ebook (ALL Parts Solved) by R S Agarwal
Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by Pearson
Objective Legal Aptitude by Rs Agarwal
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Arihant Publications
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson's
Objective General English by R S Aggarwal
Word Power Made Easy by Norman
For complete information kindly check out the link given below :
I hope this information helps you.
I m in 1st year bcom student after 1st can i change my course to Ba llb through clat and all entrance exams
You can drop your current course if you wish yo do so by withdrawing admission from that particular college and can take admission in the other course if you clear the entrance examination and various other eligibility criteria required to take admission for the same.
Hope it helps.
I am from telangana I am searching 3 years LLB course help me how to apply clat test
The Consortium of National Law Universities (CNLUs) has released the CLAT 2021 application form on January 1, 2021.
How to fill CLAT 2021 application form
- Registration : The first step in the application process, the candidate has to register by entering details of their name, email id, mobile number, and other details.
- Fill in relevant details : The application form will have various sections like personal, academic, and contact details which have to be duly filled. The candidate will also be required to select the program of study (CLAT UG or PG), and their choice of NLUs in the order of priority. The list of NLUs will be given in a drop-down menu, from which the candidate may make selections and set a priority list.
- Upload documents : Scanned copies of signature, photograph and other documents in the prescribed specification (refer to the table below) has to be uploaded.
CLAT 2021 - Document specification
Image size (maximum)
State domicile certificate
- Application fee : Depending on the category of the candidate, the application fee may vary as shown in the table below.
General/ OBC/PwD/NRI/PIO//OCI category
CLAT application form 2021 - Points to remember
- One must fill the CLAT application form only if they meet the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- In such a case where candidates fill the application form but don't meet the eligibility criteria, then the candidate may be disqualified at any stage of the admission process.
- Note that during the document verification process of CLAT counselling 2021, all details entered in the application form will be verified. Exam officials will demand originals of all essential documents to be produced before them. In case they find any inconsistency in the information shared in the application form, the candidate most likely would be disqualified from further admission processes.
- Also, simply meeting the eligibility criteria is no guarantee for admission, as final CLAT 2021 seat allotment will be based on the merit rank of the candidate in the online exam.
Know how to fill CLAT application form
||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||3500|
||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||4000|
|OBC, General||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||4000|
For more details use the link
All the best