CLAT 2021 Section-wise Preparation Tips from Experts
CLAT 2021 Section-wise Preparation Tips from Experts - CLAT 2021 will be held tentatively in the 2nd week of May 2021. The exam will be conducted in online mode given the continued pandemic situation. The national level exam is taken by around 78,000 law aspirants seeking admission to 5-year integrated and 1-year LLM courses offered by the twenty-two participating NLUs. Acing the CLAT 2021 will thus demand wholesome preparation for each section of the law entrance exam. CLAT 2021 section-wise preparation strategy will enable the aspirants to improve their chances of getting admission to an institute of their choice. Careers360 brings you the exam preparation tips to help CLAT aspirants like you access expert insights on how best to prepare for different sections of the online-based exam. In this article, we bring you CLAT preparation tips 2021 by various experts, suggest study material for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT); also check out the best strategies for exam preparation.
Go through the content below to read the CLAT experts advise on section-wise preparation tips for CLAT 2021.
How to prepare for the online-based CLAT 2021?
The exam will now be conducted in online mode, just like last year. So, the candidate needs to get comfortable with using a computer system, and have a basic knowledge of various features and functions, especially how to use it.
What strategy should I adopt for section-wise CLAT 2021 exam preparation?
Making a solid strategy for exam preparation is necessary to succeed. Most experts recommend that candidates plan their CLAT 2021 preparation by taking into account the nuances and challenges posed by the various sections of the national-level law exam. Aakanksha Nath, a law exam expert says, “Section-wise preparation is necessary. One needs to work thoroughly on the subjects in which s/he is weak apart from taking the mock tests. Mock tests will help law aspirants to assess their preparation level.”
Then there are experts who suggest adopting a daily study routine as a mantra for success. Rajendra Khadav, Director of CrackCLAT Tutorials says, “I would suggest CLAT aspirants go for a routine study of 8-9 hours daily. However, the study hours may differ for different candidates.” The Crack CLAT Tutorials Director also exhorted students to take timely breaks during study. He says, “Relaxing in between the study hours is essential as it helps your brain to memorize and revise the last round of study.”
Prof. Hema Raman, Director, Sri Ram Law Academy says, “It’s smart to prepare for CLAT in a systematic manner. CLAT aspirants need to have a clear concept of all the sections, know the question pattern and focus on necessary components of the law entrance exam.” She further advises, “Aspirants appearing for the first time will have only one month’s time after their boards so they need to strategise their preparation at the earliest.”
Prof. Raman also exhorted the advantages of CLAT 2021 section-wise exam preparation. She said, “For English, one must work on grammar and vocabulary. In the case of Mathematics, elementary chapters like Time and Distance, Time & Work, Profit & Loss etc., must be paid close attention. Coming to the GK section, both current affairs as well as static GK have to be prepared properly. For Logical Reasoning, one should focus on critical reasoning and for Legal Aptitude; the focus should be on legal reasoning problems.”
CLAT important books 2021 for section-wise preparation
Choosing the right study materials and books will go a long way in helping the candidate to crack CLAT 2021. Expert Aakanksha Nath says, “One has to be very careful in choosing one’s reading material. It's not the number of books you have attempted but the quality of material that you are using as reference material that will count. Don’t panic if your peers tell you about a new book launched in the market.”
How to prepare for CLAT 2021: General Knowledge and Current Affairs
General Knowledge and Current affairs are subjects which the candidate must do self study as there is nothing conceptual that requires a guide or a teacher. The candidate must make it a point to read the question carefully and understand it before attempting to answer. It is a good habit to start jotting down all the recent happenings around the world in a separate copy. This way the candidate will not only be dependent on current affair books; to revise the sections, all one needs to do is go through the notebook and brush up. To strengthen your general awareness, you may also start reading newspapers and books like Reader’s Digest, and Manorama year book.
Recommended books CLAT 2021 for General Knowledge section
India Year Book
Manorama Year Book
Pearson General Knowledge Manual 2019
Lucent’s General Knowledge
Competition Success Review
How to prepare for CLAT 2021: Logical Reasoning
Logical Reasoning can seem to be tricky, but if you put your mind to it you can decipher it without much effort. It is all about using some common sense and logic, but you will need lots of practice to master the section. The logical section would include questions on blood relations, analogies, syllogism and logical sequences. Each of these types of questions require a good amount of practice before you can start feeling comfortable.
Best books for CLAT 2021: Logical Reasoning
Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
Analytical and Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
How to prepare for CLAT 2021: Mathematics
To prepare for questions in this section, one should pick up quantitative aptitude questions for practice. Questions in this section will be from a variety of topics like Number systems, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Statistics and Probability.
Best books for CLAT 2021: Mathematics
Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
Class 10th NCERT Textbook
How to prepare for CLAT 2021: Legal Aptitude
The legal aptitude section is an important section in CLAT 2021. The section would consist of two parts: Legal Reasoning and Legal Knowledge. To answer questions from the Legal Reasoning section, one must be able to carefully read and understand what it is asking before proceeding to answer it. For the Legal Knowledge section, the candidate must be aware of the Legal Maxims to accurately use relevant legal terminologies. The section will also have questions from Legal Awareness topics, which may be based on some recent events, like a case in the Supreme Court.
Best books CLAT 2019: Legal Aptitude
Universal’s CLAT Guide
Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj
Bare Acts of Indian Constitution
How to prepare for CLAT 2021: English
English is not a subject one can muster in a few months, leave alone weeks. It is because it requires extensive practice. So, a good idea is to start preparing for the subject at least 6 months or so before the exam. The section will include questions from topics like English Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary and Fill in the blanks.
Recommended books CLAT 2021: English
Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
English is Easy by Chetananand Singh
Objective General English by RS Aggarwal
Barron’s Pocket Guide to Vocabulary
High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
Candidates who are in class 12 may struggle to prepare for CLA...
NLU Consortium will release category-wise RMLNLU Lucknow 2021 ...
How to prepare for CLAT from Class 11 - Candidates who want to...
MNLU Mumbai Cut off 2021 - CLAT Consortium will announce MNLU ...
DSNLU Visakhapatnam Cutoff 2021 - CLAT Consortium will release...
Questions related to CLAT
how to prepare for CLAT examination
Before starting your preparation for clat examination you should know its examination pattern so that you can prepare accordingly
Here's a brief of your clat UG 2021 examination pattern :-
* total number of questions :- 150 questions
* type of questions asked :- mcqs/objective. Basically, your clat question paper will contain several passages of around 300 to 450 words and those passages will be followed by series of mcqs.
* medium of the question paper :- English
* mode of the examination :- it will be conducted in offline mode / pen paper based examination
* total marks :- the examination will be conducted for a total of 150 marks
*Duration of the examination :- 2 hours
*marking scheme :-
. -) you get one mark for each correct answer .
. -) here is penalty of 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
Subject wise number of questions in your clat 2021 examination is provided below:-
*english language :- 28 - 32 questions
*quantitative techniques :- 13-17questions
*Legal Reasoning :- 35-39 questions
*current affairs including gk :- 35-39 questions
*Logical Reasoning :- 28-32 questions
For more details regarding clat examination pattern you can visit our page at
Coming to how you should prepare,
Follow the below tips to prepare well for your clat examination:-
*Go well through your CLAT syllabus , don't leave any part just because you find it difficult or boring or you don't like it.You can get clat syllabus at https://law.careers360.com/articles/clat-syllabus
List of best books which you can follow to master CLAT syllabus is given below subject wise :-
GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
*Manorama Year Book
*General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
*Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
*A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
*Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by Pearson
*Objective Legal Aptitude by Rs Agarwal
*Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Arihant Publications
*Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson's
*Objective General English by R S Aggarwal
*Word Power Made Easy by Norman
For detailed information about books for CLAT go through
*A major part of your Clat question paper are from the gk and current affairs section , so focus more on them, read news papers like The Hindu, Financial Express, and The Economist on daily basis to keep you updated
*Make a routine or a time table and religiously follow it , take short breaks in between your studies, studying continuously can be brain tiring and it becomes difficult to focus and study with concentration, so take breaks to relax and refresh your brain.
* Plan your studies, and set daily, weekly and monthly goals to cover the syllabus and meet them without any fail.
*Revise at regular intervals as syllabus is wide .
*Solve previous year CLAT questions :-it will let you know the examination pattern, type and difficulty level of questions asked in the exam etc
* Once done with complete syllabus, go through CLAT mock test papers , it will let you know your preparation level and and weak areas so that you can work on them and perform well in your CLAT examination
For more preparation tips go through
suggest me best books to prepare clat 2021 exam
You can refer to these books for CLAT preparation :
English (RC too)
- The Pearson Guide to the CLAT
- Objective General English (English) by RS Aggarwal
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- High School English Grammar & Composition by P C Wren, H Martin
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Manorama Yearbook
- Lucents General Knowledge
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning (English) by RS Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Agarwal
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning: For CLAT and LLB Entrance Examinations by Pearson
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning byA P Bhardwaj
- Objective Legal Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- LSTs Legal Reasoning Module
- Lexis Nexis Butterworths
- Bare Acts on Indian Constitution
I hope this helps.
best preparation books for clat LLM 2021
I am enlisting down the best books for CLAT preparation for all subjects :-
@GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
Manorama Year Book
General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
Analytical Reasoning (English) by M K Pandey
Quantitative Aptitude ebook (ALL Parts Solved) by R S Agarwal
Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by Pearson
Objective Legal Aptitude by Rs Agarwal
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Arihant Publications
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson's
Objective General English by R S Aggarwal
Word Power Made Easy by Norman
For complete information kindly check out the link given below :
I hope this information helps you.
I m in 1st year bcom student after 1st can i change my course to Ba llb through clat and all entrance exams
You can drop your current course if you wish yo do so by withdrawing admission from that particular college and can take admission in the other course if you clear the entrance examination and various other eligibility criteria required to take admission for the same.
Hope it helps.
I am from telangana I am searching 3 years LLB course help me how to apply clat test
The Consortium of National Law Universities (CNLUs) has released the CLAT 2021 application form on January 1, 2021.
How to fill CLAT 2021 application form
- Registration : The first step in the application process, the candidate has to register by entering details of their name, email id, mobile number, and other details.
- Fill in relevant details : The application form will have various sections like personal, academic, and contact details which have to be duly filled. The candidate will also be required to select the program of study (CLAT UG or PG), and their choice of NLUs in the order of priority. The list of NLUs will be given in a drop-down menu, from which the candidate may make selections and set a priority list.
- Upload documents : Scanned copies of signature, photograph and other documents in the prescribed specification (refer to the table below) has to be uploaded.
CLAT 2021 - Document specification
Image size (maximum)
State domicile certificate
- Application fee : Depending on the category of the candidate, the application fee may vary as shown in the table below.
General/ OBC/PwD/NRI/PIO//OCI category
CLAT application form 2021 - Points to remember
- One must fill the CLAT application form only if they meet the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- In such a case where candidates fill the application form but don't meet the eligibility criteria, then the candidate may be disqualified at any stage of the admission process.
- Note that during the document verification process of CLAT counselling 2021, all details entered in the application form will be verified. Exam officials will demand originals of all essential documents to be produced before them. In case they find any inconsistency in the information shared in the application form, the candidate most likely would be disqualified from further admission processes.
- Also, simply meeting the eligibility criteria is no guarantee for admission, as final CLAT 2021 seat allotment will be based on the merit rank of the candidate in the online exam.
Know how to fill CLAT application form
||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||3500|
||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||4000|
|OBC, General||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||4000|
For more details use the link
All the best