How to prepare for CLAT 2021 with mock test
How to Prepare for CLAT 2021 with Mock Test - Acing the Common Law Admission Test requires a comprehensive preparation of all subjects along with the practice of CLAT mock tests. Under the new exam pattern, preparing CLAT 2021 with mock tests has become more important than ever before. CLAT is now a test of reading and analytical skills which can largely be developed by solving mock tests. Considering the vitality of solving mock tests, the candidates may have some questions vis-a-vis CLAT preparation with mock tests such as - How many mock tests should I solve for clearing CLAT 2021? Or what should I do after solving a mock test? How to evaluate my performance after attempting the CLAT mock test?. In order to prepare for CLAT 2021 with mock tests, one has to understand the importance of these tests. In this article, candidates will find a detailed answer to all questions related to how to prepare for CLAT 2021 with mock tests along with tips and tricks essential to ace the exam.
LATEST - To attempt free online Careers360 CLAT mock test - Click here
To download CLAT sample papers PDF - Click here
Why should I solve CLAT 2021 mock tests?
In CLAT preparation, the phrase “practice makes a man perfect” can be correlated with mock tests. To understand the exam, you will need to solve as many CLAT mock tests as possible. Studying books, magazines, a newspaper is a job only half-done. Solving the CLAT mock test completes your preparation in entirety. Solving mock tests fixes many loopholes in CLAT preparation. Some of the benefits that mock tests offer are discussed below.
The mock tests of CLAT provide the exam-like experience. Solving a mock test with a running timer will give you honest feedback on your preparation. You can learn many things by solving the mock tests including time management.
A mock test is a random chance - Who doesn’t like to get a second chance? But, in CLAT, you have only one chance in a year to crack the exam. The mock tests are like the random chances that you can take without thinking much about qualification. By solving a mock test, you can identify your strengths and weaknesses and work on them before going for the actual test.
Fix your rate of accuracy with CLAT mock tests - Answering questions in CLAT requires analysis of comprehensive passages. While answering the questions, you may think that a particular answer is correct which may not be the truth. CLAT mock tests allow you to fix the issues related to accuracy. This, in turn, helps you in reducing the scope of negative marking.
Solving CLAT mock tests helps you in making strategy for the exam day. Many candidates would like to know about which section they should answer first or how they should approach the test. There cannot be a common answer for these types of questions which can be applied to all candidates. By preparing for CLAT with mock tests, you will get to know which section is easier for you or how much time you are spending in answering each section. Knowing these issues will help you in making the right strategy for the exam day.
There are many indirect benefits of solving CLAT mock tests. These include handling pressure during the exam, setting yourself in exam mode, processing your mind around the exam type atmosphere and others.
How many mock tests should a CLAT aspirant solve?
Rajneesh Singh, a law exam expert says, “CLAT aspirants must take as many online tests, mock tests and section tests as possible to improve speed and accuracy.” But, there has to be a limit. The number of mock tests should be enough to cover the CLAT syllabus. In general, most of the CLAT toppers of previous years were unanimous on solving a good number of mock tests. Shailja Beria, AIR-6, CLAT 2020 says, “I solved more than 50 mocks and CLAT sample papers throughout the preparation...Once I had solved most questions in each section I would go back to questions that were unattempted in the last twenty minutes”.
Similarly, Ishan Thakur, AIR-19, CLAT 2020 had solved over 70 mock tests while preparing for the examination.
How to prepare for CLAT with mock tests?
Now, when it comes to CLAT preparation with mock tests, candidates may divide their strategy into the following sections.
Attempt a CLAT mock test in exam-type conditions.
Calculate your marks
Fixing the loopholes
Attempting CLAT mock test
One should solve the CLAT mock tests from different sources to induce the aspect of diversity. You can start by solving one test daily and increase the frequency in the latter half of the preparation. Also, the candidate should try to attempt the test in an exam type atmosphere with a running timer. One should not take breaks during the mock test and complete the test within two hours.
After the completion of the test, candidates should calculate the score using the marking scheme given in the CLAT exam pattern. Shailja Beria says she used to score between 100 and 120 in CLAT mocks on an average.
Self-analysis of performance
One of the most important parts of CLAT preparation with mock tests will be evaluating the performance and fixing the loopholes. One should not dismiss the test and accept the marks. Rather, it is better to evaluate the section-wise performance. Self-analysis will help you in identifying the weaknesses. The weaknesses may be related to time management or not knowing the answers to some questions at all. The best part of CLAT preparation with mock tests is that you can cover the loopholes without being disqualified.
It is advised that candidates should try to note down the issues one by one. And, cover them before the exam day.
Last week preparation tips for CLAT 2021 with mock test
Rajendra Khadav, Crack CLAT Tutorials Director, while discussing the role of mock tests in the last week of preparation, quipped, “During the last week of CLAT preparation, one should start taking at least three mock tests on a daily basis, which means by the time they appear for the national-level law entrance exam, they must have gone through 20-21 full-length mock tests.” He stresses, “These tests would help candidates improve their thinking and reacting capability in the stipulated time.”
In the last week of CLAT preparation, one should increase the frequency of solving mock tests and sample papers. It is advised to solve at least 2-3 mock tests every day. Along with solving mock tests, the last week's preparation should also include a regular revision of all important topics and brushing up the current affairs. However, we would also advise not to overstress yourself if the performance is not as expected. In case you didn’t get a desirable score, then try to cover your loopholes without looking back and forth. Keep your cool and trust in your strengths. Revise the topics and do not read anything new.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - How to prepare for CLAT 2021 with mock test
Question: Why should I give mock tests for the CLAT exam?
The mock tests are an important part of CLAT preparation. Solving mocks will help you understand the exam while also giving you feedback on your preparation.
Question: How can I attempt the CLAT mock test?
The CLAT mock tests are given in this article. You can solve them in online mode at free of cost.
Question: What should be a good score in the CLAT mock test?
A good score will depend on many factors including the level of preparation with which you have attempted the test. In the last few months, one should try to get a 100 plus score after solving the mock test.
Question: How many CLAT mock tests should I solve while preparing for the exam?
You should try to solve as many mocks as possible. It is advised that you should try to solve at least 30 mock tests.
Candidates who are in class 12 may struggle to prepare for CLA...
NLU Consortium will release category-wise RMLNLU Lucknow 2021 ...
How to prepare for CLAT from Class 11 - Candidates who want to...
MNLU Mumbai Cut off 2021 - CLAT Consortium will announce MNLU ...
DSNLU Visakhapatnam Cutoff 2021 - CLAT Consortium will release...
Questions related to CLAT
how to prepare for CLAT examination
Before starting your preparation for clat examination you should know its examination pattern so that you can prepare accordingly
Here's a brief of your clat UG 2021 examination pattern :-
* total number of questions :- 150 questions
* type of questions asked :- mcqs/objective. Basically, your clat question paper will contain several passages of around 300 to 450 words and those passages will be followed by series of mcqs.
* medium of the question paper :- English
* mode of the examination :- it will be conducted in offline mode / pen paper based examination
* total marks :- the examination will be conducted for a total of 150 marks
*Duration of the examination :- 2 hours
*marking scheme :-
. -) you get one mark for each correct answer .
. -) here is penalty of 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
Subject wise number of questions in your clat 2021 examination is provided below:-
*english language :- 28 - 32 questions
*quantitative techniques :- 13-17questions
*Legal Reasoning :- 35-39 questions
*current affairs including gk :- 35-39 questions
*Logical Reasoning :- 28-32 questions
For more details regarding clat examination pattern you can visit our page at
Coming to how you should prepare,
Follow the below tips to prepare well for your clat examination:-
*Go well through your CLAT syllabus , don't leave any part just because you find it difficult or boring or you don't like it.You can get clat syllabus at https://law.careers360.com/articles/clat-syllabus
List of best books which you can follow to master CLAT syllabus is given below subject wise :-
GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
*Manorama Year Book
*General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
*Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
*A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
*Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by Pearson
*Objective Legal Aptitude by Rs Agarwal
*Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Arihant Publications
*Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson's
*Objective General English by R S Aggarwal
*Word Power Made Easy by Norman
For detailed information about books for CLAT go through
*A major part of your Clat question paper are from the gk and current affairs section , so focus more on them, read news papers like The Hindu, Financial Express, and The Economist on daily basis to keep you updated
*Make a routine or a time table and religiously follow it , take short breaks in between your studies, studying continuously can be brain tiring and it becomes difficult to focus and study with concentration, so take breaks to relax and refresh your brain.
* Plan your studies, and set daily, weekly and monthly goals to cover the syllabus and meet them without any fail.
*Revise at regular intervals as syllabus is wide .
*Solve previous year CLAT questions :-it will let you know the examination pattern, type and difficulty level of questions asked in the exam etc
* Once done with complete syllabus, go through CLAT mock test papers , it will let you know your preparation level and and weak areas so that you can work on them and perform well in your CLAT examination
For more preparation tips go through
suggest me best books to prepare clat 2021 exam
You can refer to these books for CLAT preparation :
English (RC too)
- The Pearson Guide to the CLAT
- Objective General English (English) by RS Aggarwal
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- High School English Grammar & Composition by P C Wren, H Martin
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Manorama Yearbook
- Lucents General Knowledge
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning (English) by RS Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Agarwal
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning: For CLAT and LLB Entrance Examinations by Pearson
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning byA P Bhardwaj
- Objective Legal Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- LSTs Legal Reasoning Module
- Lexis Nexis Butterworths
- Bare Acts on Indian Constitution
I hope this helps.
best preparation books for clat LLM 2021
I am enlisting down the best books for CLAT preparation for all subjects :-
@GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
Manorama Year Book
General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
Analytical Reasoning (English) by M K Pandey
Quantitative Aptitude ebook (ALL Parts Solved) by R S Agarwal
Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by Pearson
Objective Legal Aptitude by Rs Agarwal
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Arihant Publications
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson's
Objective General English by R S Aggarwal
Word Power Made Easy by Norman
For complete information kindly check out the link given below :
I hope this information helps you.
I m in 1st year bcom student after 1st can i change my course to Ba llb through clat and all entrance exams
You can drop your current course if you wish yo do so by withdrawing admission from that particular college and can take admission in the other course if you clear the entrance examination and various other eligibility criteria required to take admission for the same.
Hope it helps.
I am from telangana I am searching 3 years LLB course help me how to apply clat test
The Consortium of National Law Universities (CNLUs) has released the CLAT 2021 application form on January 1, 2021.
How to fill CLAT 2021 application form
- Registration : The first step in the application process, the candidate has to register by entering details of their name, email id, mobile number, and other details.
- Fill in relevant details : The application form will have various sections like personal, academic, and contact details which have to be duly filled. The candidate will also be required to select the program of study (CLAT UG or PG), and their choice of NLUs in the order of priority. The list of NLUs will be given in a drop-down menu, from which the candidate may make selections and set a priority list.
- Upload documents : Scanned copies of signature, photograph and other documents in the prescribed specification (refer to the table below) has to be uploaded.
CLAT 2021 - Document specification
Image size (maximum)
State domicile certificate
- Application fee : Depending on the category of the candidate, the application fee may vary as shown in the table below.
General/ OBC/PwD/NRI/PIO//OCI category
CLAT application form 2021 - Points to remember
- One must fill the CLAT application form only if they meet the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- In such a case where candidates fill the application form but don't meet the eligibility criteria, then the candidate may be disqualified at any stage of the admission process.
- Note that during the document verification process of CLAT counselling 2021, all details entered in the application form will be verified. Exam officials will demand originals of all essential documents to be produced before them. In case they find any inconsistency in the information shared in the application form, the candidate most likely would be disqualified from further admission processes.
- Also, simply meeting the eligibility criteria is no guarantee for admission, as final CLAT 2021 seat allotment will be based on the merit rank of the candidate in the online exam.
Know how to fill CLAT application form
||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||3500|
||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||4000|
|OBC, General||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||4000|
For more details use the link
All the best