CLAT 2021 Preparation Tips - How to Crack CLAT Exam
CLAT 2021 Preparation Tips - If you want to get admission to any of the NLUs, barring NLU Delhi, you need to crack CLAT, as it is the only route. But as many before you have found out, getting a good score in CLAT is not a walk in the park. If you plan to appear in CLAT 2021, you need to tick all the right boxes to get a good score. In fact, if you intend to get admission in NLSIU Bangalore or NALSAR, you can’t expect to put a foot wrong. But the good thing is while the process is difficult, it is not impossible to get the desired result in the exam, provided you know CLAT 2021 preparation tips. One mistake many students make when preparing for an exam like CLAT is that they go all out, burn midnight oil, but if the tools, say study material is substandard, the desired result would continue to be elusive. In this article we bring CLAT preparation tips 2021 that the candidate may refer to and get a headstart in their preparation.
But before we discuss about CLAT 2021 exam preparation tips, lets understand what the exam is all about:
The CLAT exam is conducted by the consortium of NLUs
CLAT 2021 scores will be used by the 22 participating institutes for admission to their 5-year integrate and LLM programmes.
CLAT 2021 will likely continue to be conducted in online mode given the prevailing COVID-19 situation.
The CLAT 2021 application form will open in the first week of January.
The CLAT question paper will include comprehension-based questions.
CLAT Preparation Tips 2021
Get familiar with the CLAT 2021 syllabus
Questions in the national-level exam will be asked from the CLAT syllabus 2021 which is released by the consortium. Consequently, the candidate must prepare all the topics included in the syllabus if they wish to get a good score in the exam. The syllabus of CLAT 2021 will be different for the UG and PG admissions.
CLAT 2021 pg will have the following sections:
Current affairs including general knowledge
Check out the CLAT exam pattern 2021
Which it may seem as a minor thing, if one is not conversant with the CLAT 2021 exam pattern, one may not be able to do justice to one’s exam preparation.
CLAT exam pattern
Duration of the exam
Type of Questions
Multiple Type Questions (MCQs) from given passages
Number of Questions
Undergraduate Exam - 150 multiple choice type questions
Postgraduate Exam (LLM) - 120 questions
Each objective question will carry 1 mark. An incorrect question will invite a penalty of 0.25 marks.
Start CLAT 2021 preparation early
Rather than waiting for the last few months to start CLAT 2021 exam preparation, start your preparation early. With enough time in hand, it will be easier for you to tackle each chapter in detail without missing out on anything. Also, sufficient time will enable you to take stock of the situation and make changes if and when necessary. Another thing is you will get time for solving CLAT 2021 samples and question papers, which are an integral part of the exam preparation process.
Prepare and follow a study plan
But the trick here is to doggedly follow the study plan and not abandon it half way through your preparation. The CLAT exam preparation plan will have intricate details of what you will study, the chronicle order, the timing and nature of sample papers to be solved. Other elements to be taken care of include punctuating the exam preparation with timely revisions, how to take notes and how to use them.
Have the best CLAT 2021 books
If you manage to get the book combination right, you can avoid piling up the study with assorted books by different writers. With fewer books, it is easier to manage things as you know what is where. If you have books by different writers, you have to adjust with the style of each writer which could be cumbersome and time consuming.
CLAT 2021 best books will have some of the following qualities:
Will contain very few errors
Will be written in a free flowing style, which is easy to follow
Written as per the requirements and standard of CLAT exam 2021
Has proper citations
Contains illustrations which are meant to aid understanding
Contain problem sets
Solve CLAT 2021 sample papers
The candidate in addition to pursuing regular study and solving problems given in the textbooks, must also solve questions given in CLAT sample papers. Sample papers tend to have the same kind of questions to those asked in the actual exam. Consequently, solving CLAT sample papers will enable the candidate to understand the various concepts and enhance one’s problem-solving skills.
Do timely revision
Reading and practicing problems and concepts just once is not enough, as the human brain needs constant revision to remember the full details. So, take the time out to do proper revision of all that you have read. Make a chart of what needs to be revised and to what extent. At times a topic may look easy, but unless you do frequent revision it will keep escaping your memory.
Take CLAT 2021 mock test
Mock tests are a way to get into exam mode. The fact that mock tests are a simulation of the actual exam will help the candidate understand the nuances of the national-level exam. For example, by taking the CLAT mock test, the candidate will be able to experience an exam like ambience, understand how the mock test is designed, like how to answer questions, move from one section to another.
Keep in mind exam-day etiquettes
Note that latecomers may not be allowed to enter the exam hall, so one must reach the CLAT 2021 exam centre early. Also one must bring with them the CLAT 2021 admit card and valid ID proof, as without them entry is not allowed.
The CLAT 2021 admit card will contain information like the name and roll number of the candidate, date and time of the exam, and CLAT exam centre details. It will contain exam-day guidelines, like proper code of conduct, and what items are allowed and barred inside the exam hall.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CLAT 2021 Preparation Tips - How to Crack CLAT Exam
Question: When will the CLAT 2021 be conducted?
The exam date of CLAT 2021 hasn’t been announced yet, but it is likely to be conducted sometime in May.
Question: Why is it to know CLAT preparation tips?
This will help the candidate plan effectively, make use of all available resources, and thus get a good score.
Question: What type of questions will be asked in CLAT 2021?
The CLAT 2021 will include comprehension based questions based on given passages for the UG and PG exams. Comprehension passages will be of around 450 words, each followed by a series of objective type questions.
Question: Will there be descriptive type questions in CLAT LLM?
The descriptive section has been dropped from the LLM paper; so now only objective questions will be asked.
Question: When will the application form of CLAT 2021 open?
The CLAT 2021 application form will be available sometime in January.
Candidates who are in class 12 may struggle to prepare for CLA...
NLU Consortium will release category-wise RMLNLU Lucknow 2021 ...
How to prepare for CLAT from Class 11 - Candidates who want to...
MNLU Mumbai Cut off 2021 - CLAT Consortium will announce MNLU ...
DSNLU Visakhapatnam Cutoff 2021 - CLAT Consortium will release...
Questions related to CLAT
how to prepare for CLAT examination
Before starting your preparation for clat examination you should know its examination pattern so that you can prepare accordingly
Here's a brief of your clat UG 2021 examination pattern :-
* total number of questions :- 150 questions
* type of questions asked :- mcqs/objective. Basically, your clat question paper will contain several passages of around 300 to 450 words and those passages will be followed by series of mcqs.
* medium of the question paper :- English
* mode of the examination :- it will be conducted in offline mode / pen paper based examination
* total marks :- the examination will be conducted for a total of 150 marks
*Duration of the examination :- 2 hours
*marking scheme :-
. -) you get one mark for each correct answer .
. -) here is penalty of 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
Subject wise number of questions in your clat 2021 examination is provided below:-
*english language :- 28 - 32 questions
*quantitative techniques :- 13-17questions
*Legal Reasoning :- 35-39 questions
*current affairs including gk :- 35-39 questions
*Logical Reasoning :- 28-32 questions
For more details regarding clat examination pattern you can visit our page at
Coming to how you should prepare,
Follow the below tips to prepare well for your clat examination:-
*Go well through your CLAT syllabus , don't leave any part just because you find it difficult or boring or you don't like it.You can get clat syllabus at https://law.careers360.com/articles/clat-syllabus
List of best books which you can follow to master CLAT syllabus is given below subject wise :-
GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
*Manorama Year Book
*General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
*Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
*A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
*Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by Pearson
*Objective Legal Aptitude by Rs Agarwal
*Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Arihant Publications
*Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson's
*Objective General English by R S Aggarwal
*Word Power Made Easy by Norman
For detailed information about books for CLAT go through
*A major part of your Clat question paper are from the gk and current affairs section , so focus more on them, read news papers like The Hindu, Financial Express, and The Economist on daily basis to keep you updated
*Make a routine or a time table and religiously follow it , take short breaks in between your studies, studying continuously can be brain tiring and it becomes difficult to focus and study with concentration, so take breaks to relax and refresh your brain.
* Plan your studies, and set daily, weekly and monthly goals to cover the syllabus and meet them without any fail.
*Revise at regular intervals as syllabus is wide .
*Solve previous year CLAT questions :-it will let you know the examination pattern, type and difficulty level of questions asked in the exam etc
* Once done with complete syllabus, go through CLAT mock test papers , it will let you know your preparation level and and weak areas so that you can work on them and perform well in your CLAT examination
For more preparation tips go through
suggest me best books to prepare clat 2021 exam
You can refer to these books for CLAT preparation :
English (RC too)
- The Pearson Guide to the CLAT
- Objective General English (English) by RS Aggarwal
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- High School English Grammar & Composition by P C Wren, H Martin
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Manorama Yearbook
- Lucents General Knowledge
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning (English) by RS Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Agarwal
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning: For CLAT and LLB Entrance Examinations by Pearson
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning byA P Bhardwaj
- Objective Legal Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- LSTs Legal Reasoning Module
- Lexis Nexis Butterworths
- Bare Acts on Indian Constitution
I hope this helps.
best preparation books for clat LLM 2021
I am enlisting down the best books for CLAT preparation for all subjects :-
@GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
Manorama Year Book
General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
Current Affairs Yearly by Arihant Publications
A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
Analytical Reasoning (English) by M K Pandey
Quantitative Aptitude ebook (ALL Parts Solved) by R S Agarwal
Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning by Pearson
Objective Legal Aptitude by Rs Agarwal
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, Arihant Publications
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Pearson's
Objective General English by R S Aggarwal
Word Power Made Easy by Norman
For complete information kindly check out the link given below :
I hope this information helps you.
I m in 1st year bcom student after 1st can i change my course to Ba llb through clat and all entrance exams
You can drop your current course if you wish yo do so by withdrawing admission from that particular college and can take admission in the other course if you clear the entrance examination and various other eligibility criteria required to take admission for the same.
Hope it helps.
I am from telangana I am searching 3 years LLB course help me how to apply clat test
The Consortium of National Law Universities (CNLUs) has released the CLAT 2021 application form on January 1, 2021.
How to fill CLAT 2021 application form
- Registration : The first step in the application process, the candidate has to register by entering details of their name, email id, mobile number, and other details.
- Fill in relevant details : The application form will have various sections like personal, academic, and contact details which have to be duly filled. The candidate will also be required to select the program of study (CLAT UG or PG), and their choice of NLUs in the order of priority. The list of NLUs will be given in a drop-down menu, from which the candidate may make selections and set a priority list.
- Upload documents : Scanned copies of signature, photograph and other documents in the prescribed specification (refer to the table below) has to be uploaded.
CLAT 2021 - Document specification
Image size (maximum)
State domicile certificate
- Application fee : Depending on the category of the candidate, the application fee may vary as shown in the table below.
General/ OBC/PwD/NRI/PIO//OCI category
CLAT application form 2021 - Points to remember
- One must fill the CLAT application form only if they meet the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- In such a case where candidates fill the application form but don't meet the eligibility criteria, then the candidate may be disqualified at any stage of the admission process.
- Note that during the document verification process of CLAT counselling 2021, all details entered in the application form will be verified. Exam officials will demand originals of all essential documents to be produced before them. In case they find any inconsistency in the information shared in the application form, the candidate most likely would be disqualified from further admission processes.
- Also, simply meeting the eligibility criteria is no guarantee for admission, as final CLAT 2021 seat allotment will be based on the merit rank of the candidate in the online exam.
Know how to fill CLAT application form
||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||3500|
||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||4000|
|OBC, General||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||4000|
For more details use the link
All the best