HPNET Exam Pattern 2019
HPNET Exam Pattern 2019 – Aspirants who were to appear in HPNET 2019 need to follow the CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern as HPNLU will not conduct HPNET anymore. Candidates seeking admission into the undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes need to check the exam pattern of HPNET 2019 for an enhanced understanding of the examination. HPNLU will announce the paper pattern of the law examination in online mode. As the HPNET Exam Pattern 2019 mentions, the law examination will be of 2 hours and 20 minutes. Candidates will be given question paper which will be divided into four sections for undergraduate law programmes and nine topics will be covered for the postgraduate law programme. 0.25 marks will be deducted for guessing random answers as negative marking will be implied in the law examination along with one mark for each correct answers. Knowing the exam pattern of HPNET 2019 well in advance helps the candidates to prepare well in time and score well. Moreover, preparing for the Himachal Pradesh National Entrance Test with an idea of the paper pattern makes the candidates confident and fear-free on the day of the examination. It should be noted that the exam pattern of HPNET 2019 for all the two courses offered – Five-year integrated law programme and LLM programme are different. So candidates should read the exam pattern carefully to get a thorough idea of the examination.
Latest - HPNLU 2019 admissions will be done on the basis of CLAT 2019
HPNET Exam Pattern 2019 – Overview
Aspirants of HPNET 2019 need to take a look at the table given below to get a better understanding of the HPNET 2019 Exam Pattern -
HPNET Paper Pattern
Mode of examination
Type of questions
Multiple Choice Questions
Number of questions
The law applicants will be awarded one mark for each correct answers and will be deducted 0.25 marks for wrong answers.
HPNET Exam Pattern 2019 – In-detail
To get an enhanced understanding of the exam pattern of HPNET 2019, candidates need to read the paper pattern in detail given here.
- Mode of examination – HPNET 2019 will be conducted in offline mode/paper-pencil mode which means candidates will be required to report the alloted exam centres on the day of examination.
- Language – HPNLU will conduct the law examination in English language for the law aspirants.
- Exam Duration – To attempt 150 questions, candidates will be given 2 hours time.
- Type of questions – Candidates will be given Multiple Choice Questions wherein there will be four options out of which candidates will have to choose one correct option.
- Number of questions – HPNET 2019 will have 150 questions to attempt for both undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes.
- Marking scheme – HPNLU will deduct 0.25 marks of the candidates for random guessing but will award one mark for each correct answers.
HPNET Exam Pattern 2019 – Section-wise distribution of Marks for Undergraduate law programmes
No. of questions
Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning
HPNET 2019 Exam Pattern – Section-wise distribution of Marks for Postgraduate law programmes
No. of questions
Constitutional Law, Law of Contract, Law of Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Public
International Law, Jurisprudence and
Essay on Contemporary Legal Issues
Why to check HPNET Exam Pattern 2019
For the candidates appearing in HPNLU administered law examination, HPNET 2019, the exam pattern of HPNET 2019 is of great importance. HPNET 2019 Exam Pattern will mention the subjects to be included in the law entrance examination and the marking scheme to be followed by HPNLU officials. Also, by getting a thorough understanding of the HPNET Exam Pattern 2019, candidates would be able to prepare accordingly knowing their areas of strength and weaknesses.
HPNET Exam Pattern 2019 – Key points
- HPNET 2019 will be conducted in offline mode wherein the candidates will be required to visit the examination centre on the day of the examination.
- Candidates will be given 2 hours time to attempt the law examination.
- The paper would be divided into questions with multiple choice questions.
- Any kind of unfair practice during the examination will not be entertained by the conducting body.